Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Your 2019 QLD side

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Thought it would be nice to have something distract us that is the shit show of our season. A month into the season, what’s your origin 1 side look like if you had to pick it today?

01. Ponga
02. Gagai
03. Morgan
04. Chambers
05. Oates
06. Munster
07. DCE
08. Arrow
09. Friend
10. Papalii
11. Gillett
12. Kafusi
13. McGuire

14. Hunt
15. Wallace
16. Glasby
17. Lowe

Was genuinely difficult picking that side and not because blokes are in form putting their hands up. Not comfortable with that centre pairing, but it’s the best we’ve got. Could have Gagai at centre and Feldt on the wing if he comes back from injury in good form and Morgo back to the bench. Halves pick themselves and are the standouts. If friend is fit he has to be picked in the 9. Captained and led his side to a premiership last year. Defensive beast, and offers a little more in attack than what the incumbent in Macca does. With Gillett back, I can’t find a spot for Coops. Lowe has been impressive for Souths and I think has his nose in front. Really makes a mockery of our decision to release him. Not too many forwards putting their hands up for selection that weren’t apart of last year’s series.

Last edited:

Metro

Junior
Reaction score
They are not going to pick Ethan Lowe for Origin.

Lowe obviously needed a change to bring the best out of himself. He’d been poor for ages at the Cowboys.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
They are not going to pick Ethan Lowe for Origin.

Lowe obviously needed a change to bring the best out of himself. He’d been poor for ages at the Cowboys.
He’s been in the QLD emerging origin side in the past. Obviously rated amongst QLD officials. Have been watching Lowe closely this season and he’s looked great.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I thought Lowe was really good in the Titans game two weeks ago. Apart from that he hasn't looked too different to how he played last year. His defence is awful. Probably worse than last season.

I feel like they'd pick someone like David Fifita over Lowe.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I can see NSW making up for our decade of dominance over the next few years. A lot of these young Blues players will have grown up watching QLD win time after time again and will be out for blood.