Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Wild horses on the road near Bluewater. North of Townsville.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I heard on the radio this morning that a truck driver had a serious accident after swerving to miss wild horses at Bluewater north of Townsville. When are the authorities going to fix this problem?

Are more people going to be killed because authorities are not willing to act?

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet after a home game.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I heard on the radio this morning that a truck driver had a serious accident after swerving to miss wild horses at Bluewater north of Townsville. When are the authorities going to fix this problem?

Are more people going to be killed because authorities are not willing to act?
I always thought democracy was overrated, Prince Ernst.

Perhaps it is time Hanover annexes Blue Water... :)

PS I'd prefer if you were called 'Arch Duke'.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Interesting idea Josh. Maybe the shooters' club should be approached to see if they have any ideas for a solution.

Last edited:

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
i guess horses are killed routinely, but i dont like the thought of people going around shooting wild horses-they capture the spirit of Australian character

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I had hoped that this problem was under control.

Extract from 'Findings of inquest' - Coroners Court of Queensland. 19th October, 2017.

"On the evening of 31 July 2015 Mr Bernard Ashton Davis was riding his motorcycle south on the Bruce Highway, when he collided with a horse and died. In the early hours of the morning on 30 September 2015, Byron James Crowley, a 15 year old passenger in a car his mother was driving south on the Bruce Highway in the same general location, died when the car struck a dead horse on the side of the road causing a loss of control. The car left the road and struck a tree. After the death of Byron Crowley, a cull was conducted of the feral horses in the State Forest adjacent to that section of the Bruce Highway. The risk to road users of collision with feral horses was mitigated".

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
KFC to be built in Kirwan-long overdue.
The KFC at Cranbrook is not pleasant to visit-closed down many times by health inspectors, 20-50min wait times for food regular occurence, only put extra salt on chips 2/10 times

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Paulo. I'm not sure what the connection is between wild horses north of Townsville and a new food venue? Are you suggesting the horses should be captured and then ridden through the drive through?

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Perhaps a menu suggestion for the Colonel - 2 birds at once

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Perhaps a menu suggestion for the Colonel - 2 birds at once
Huge fuking drumsticks, but what no wings..... Just not good enough

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Return of the Mack

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reading the Coroner's Report into the brumby-vehicle deaths, I find it scary that both drivers were found to be under the influence: the motorcycle rider who died had a blood alcohol level of 3 times the legal limit for driving and also had cannabis in his system. The driver of the car where her passenger son died, had a high level of methyl amphetamine in her system.

I'd be more scared of other humans than brumbies driving around Townsville!