Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Whos got Kayo Sports? Rate it?

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Can anyone answer this? It states it has mma on its website. I assume it is UFC, but are they just fight nights or do they have the big ones also?

Just the Fight Nights.. the main events are always pay per view unless you find a stream or purchase it from UFC.tv if you want to be all above board.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Got a members code yesterday, 2mths for $5....

Games will likely be called off by then

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Patchy as f***, don't really rate it
You may find thats more your internet connection, i cast from a tablet to a chromecast dongle & the tablet is in same room as modem & its good, but I get a bit of lag on upstairs TV that's using mesh wifi.
I will say however when watching the game the other day, I reckon I was about 3mins behind, judging by the comments in the game thread

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No complaints since getting it.

Eaglestreetcowboy

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
You may find thats more your internet connection, i cast from a tablet to a chromecast dongle & the tablet is in same room as modem & its good, but I get a bit of lag on upstairs TV that's using mesh wifi.
I will say however when watching the game the other day, I reckon I was about 3mins behind, judging by the comments in the game thread

yeah definitely could be true, i find that when im watching something recorded it's fine (probs because it can buffer) but when I'm watching live it's patchy.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Maybe it is tv quality...i think Kayo works well on tv downstairs but not as well on cheaper tv upstairs

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Maybe it is tv quality...i think Kayo works well on tv downstairs but not as well on cheaper tv upstairs
That could be true as one would expect the high end TV's to have better componentry. Another reason for the lagging is also just the volume of subscribers, remember that 1st game after restart, there were shitloads of complaints as they hadn't factored in the net traffic.

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I have had a few problems with the app and Chromecast when streaming live. Not live stream.. no problem. People say the app is pretty poor and needs alot of improvement re: interfacing with Chromecast and other connectives. Works no problem on the computer but isn't as enjoyable to watch footy on obviously.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I have no problems at all with the casting, as long as I'm on the same wifi network (I have a couple). You're not using Apple are you? I've heard it doesn't always play.
Should qualify that as had lag issues when games resumed & half the sporting world subscribed to kayo
My biggest complaint would be when watching replays not being able to stop playback & pick-up from same place when getting back to watch at layer time.
It's probably not good value for me tho as I only watch our games & maybe 2-3 others which are on 9 anyway

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I have no problems at all with the casting, as long as I'm on the same wifi network (I have a couple). You're not using Apple are you? I've heard it doesn't always play.
Should qualify that as had lag issues when games resumed & half the sporting world subscribed to kayo
My biggest complaint would be when watching replays not being able to stop playback & pick-up from same place when getting back to watch at layer time.
It's probably not good value for me tho as I only watch our games & maybe 2-3 others which are on 9 anyway

Similiar to me re: NRL. To make it worth it, I've been watching the UFC fight nights, which I normally wouldn't bother. They have been more fun than I would have thought.

I've also started watching WWE again after many years.... ashamed to admit. :shy: