Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Whos got Kayo Sports? Rate it?

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hey ladz, sorry if this has been mentioned before. Lookin at turfin Foxtel and gettin Kayo to save a few bucks. Don't really watch anything other than footy and cricket, and the missus has Nutflix. Is it as good or shithouse? Cheers

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I got it last year.
Had problems logging in, missed first game, so I canned it.

I'll try it for the 9s, hopefully ironed out the bugs by now

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It's great.
Best thing since sliced bread.

I guess quality of internet connection is an issue, but is that really a problem anywhere these days?

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Best thing since sliced bread.

I guess quality of internet connection is an issue, but is that really a problem anywhere these days?
Unfortunately it is, mine is still shocking on the GC. I just tether to my mobile for the footy.

Reactions: Jax

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Unfortunately it is, mine is still shocking on the GC. I just tether to my mobile for the footy.
I'm in the inner city, and eventhough it's only HFC (Thanks LNP) it's pretty fast and reliable.

I like Kayo for the functionality, like skipping to the try, if you missed it etc.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I find Kayo great even on ADSL2 - it never seems to skip a beat and definitely reliable enough for the NRL if your internet connection can handle it. The days of needing a Foxtel satellite subscription are over.

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Love it.

You can search by Sport or Show, stream a channel, multi views, Kayo mini's and heaps more. You do need a half decent connection though and a supported device. I am using the Telstra Box which is working well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Cheers for the info boys. I have NBN so sounds like it could work well for my situation... Sold, will cancel foxtel today

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Cheers for the info boys. I have NBN so sounds like it could work well for my situation... Sold, will cancel foxtel today
I had it for last season, its good, but i surprised myself how much i didnt watch. The good thing is no lock in, i dropped it at the end of the season, then picked it up for a month over Christmas to watch the darts. I'll probably pick it up again once the season starts.

Just on the foxtel, thought is saw they had a similar offering, sports + movies for $50/mth no lock in, might be worth asking the question

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It has made me an honest man. No more dodgy streams. Like Dream said, the internet on the gold Coast is crap. I have ADSL2 and providing you have a back up tethering plan you are good to go.

Although, for some reason the last couple of months our internet has improved enough to not to have to tether. We are in Mudgeeraba about 3 km from the exchange. Being on acreage I doubt NBN will be in any hurry to service us.

Fortunately, about eight years ago Telstra removed the old telephone line on our property poles and put them underground from the front footpath up to our house through the front paddock. The house is about 100 meters from the street connection. So our copper wires should be ok. They surprised me by doing this No Charge.

I am sold on Kayo. Telstra have a deal with Kayo and the NRL for free streaming as well. I am not sure if you can cast to TV or not like you can do with Kayo direct. For $25 it is money well spent.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I am sold on Kayo. Telstra have a deal with Kayo and the NRL for free streaming as well. I am not sure if you can cast to TV or not like you can do with Kayo direct. For $25 it is money well spent.
Based on past experiences i would say hell would freeze over before telstra would allow casting. I know i tried in 2018 & you still got the 6x4 inch screen.

If your rural, can you not get skymesh (or what ever its called)????

If you can get a good 4g service, then subscribe to kayo & cast through chromecast to tv (just get the premium chromecast as it has kayo pre-loaded (apparently).

Telstra will do deals if speaking to the right person, example, i rang them to cancel a prepaid service (dropped phone in a hole... dont ask) anyway they asked who my current home isp was, told them internode, "what are you paying" so i said "$85/mth for unlimited top speed nbn" (i'm curently only on 50mbs service) "oh we'll match that" was the reply, "unlimited with 100mbs service?" "yes" was the reply. Now i wouldve taken it up but i have a domain ..... & being a numpty couldnt be fuked to go through the hassle & change, but the point is, if they think there's a dollar to be made they'll offer anything

I should quantify that by saying the person i spoke to was in all likelihood in Indonesia so probably couldn't give a rats arse about telstra's bottom line so will offer anything to get the sign up commission

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Well cancelling foxtel was a painful experience. Couldn't be stuffed trying to bargain for another deal. Haven't setup Kayo yet as have another 21 days to run on the months plan

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
While I was going to get Chromcast I stayed with a 5mtr HDMI Chord I had. Works great for me, so I will wait until we get a Smart TV. previously when we had a lot of rain our iADSL2 intertnet went to S#it.

However lately very few problems but you still need a back up with 4G just in case. I use about 3 gb of Data for a NRL match, so I try to be as conservative as I can.

But Data is no problem for most of you guys who have no cash flow issues.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
But Data is no problem for most of you guys who have no cash flow issues.
Yeah, my cash flows out the door pretty fukin quickly since swmbo took up golf

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk