Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

What's this marvel super hero stuff?

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Don't wear a silvery-grey and red one either....

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No but we had a long haired blonde nutcase in our ranks so it was kinda relevant.

Im not sticking up for these jerseys either by the way, IMO it's ridiculous having 8 jerseys in one season, these are aimed at kids, well i at least hope so......

Thommo Junior

Former Champion
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Jersey's, did your box arrive yet ?

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Jersey's, did your box arrive yet ?
We're the same character, that's obvious and all I know. He won't give me a snapshot of it cuz they are pretty strict on it this year apparently. Manly is in for a character change, I know that much

On a positive, my Anzac Jersey arrived yesterday. So excited about it considering they are impossible to buy !!!!!!!! Think I got the last one from ISC. Also bagged a members jersey with members names on it from last season, quality stuff

Jagjaxon

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Doesnt look much different to last years.. meh ill probably still buy it

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Newcastle's Spiderman jersey looks pretty good.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think graphically our design is better this year, but it really s**ts me that there was absolutely no attempt to incorporate the sponsors a little more into the design. The black Toyota box destroys the front, and the yellow and black boxes on the side and back are spastic. Last years logos fit a bit better into the design.

Also, why do Manly change (presumably because their colours were in no way close to Manly's traditional colour); but Cows keep the same? We are basically the only team that doesn't match the traditional colours even slightly.

I can cop it from the NRL; but it would seem that even our own jersey manufacturer has us on the bottom of their list of priorities.

Granty

Administrator
Reaction score
Where can we buy it?
from http://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2015/07/20/marvel-round21.html

-----
BUY NOW! The Cowboys Thor jersey is available for purchase at the Cowboys Team Shop:

• Online: cowboysteamshop.com.au
• Phone: 07 4724 8002
• Email: shop@cowboysleagues.com.au
• In-store: Cowboys Leagues Club, Flinders St, Townsville
• Cowboys game day: Team Shop merchandise outlets, 1300SMILES Stadium

PLUS – OUR EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION OFFER!

The first 250 Cowboys ISC | Marvel Super Heroes jerseys sold* in the Cowboys Team Shop include a limited edition Marvel pack! Includes an authentic Marvel box, Thor poster and sticker, as well as a Thor character sheet.

(*Terms & conditions: First 250 x 2015 Cowboys Marvel Super Heroes Jerseys sold or pre-sold at Cowboys Team Shop receive a limited edition Marvel pack consisting of an authentic Marvel box and Thor character poster, sticker and character sheet. Offer applies to jerseys sold in-store, online at cowboysteamshop.com.au, by phone order or in person at a Team Shop outlet. One limited edition Marvel pack per men’s, ladies or child’s jersey sold. Strictly available while stocks last.)

The full Marvel Super Heroes Jersey range is available at NRLshop.com and ISCSport.com.
-----​

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the sponsors issue. They look terrible on the jersey!

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
As said previously, the sponsorship intergration is horrid. All they had to do was do the toyota logo in red and get rid,of the black box and it would be much better.

I've bought 2 jerseys this year (Anzac and heritage) and those 2 quite frankly **** on this one from a great height. I get why we are doing this but the final product is pretty ordinary IMO. Ours is probably the worst of the lot.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
They could have designed the Thor costume more like the one in the comics, which is mainly blue, silver and yellow. None of the other designs are the same as the movies/TV.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

The Punisher could've worked. Sort of has a blue and greyish tinge to it in the comics as well.

Attachments

Granty

Administrator
Reaction score
and the signed jerseys are now up for auction :)

-----

ISC MARVEL THOR JERSEY CHARITY AUCTION

BID NOW to secure your very own match-worn Cowboys 2015 ISC Marvel Thor jersey, signed individually by each player!

AUCTION DETAILS:
Open: 12pm, Monday 7 September / Closing: 12pm, Friday 11 September
Jerseys worn: Round 21, Cowboys v Raiders – Saturday 1 August, 1300SMILES Stadium

These unique jerseys, produced in collaboration with major sponsor ISC, will be a fantastic collector's item.

Proceeds from the auction will be split evenly between the Golden Octopus Foundation and the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys' junior development program.

Cowboys management guarantee the authenticity of all items auctioned on this official online auction website. We cannot guarantee the authenticity of any Cowboys memorabilia or items auctioned on any other website.
-----​

story on Cowboys site --> http://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2015/09/07/online_jersey_auctio.html
and if you can't get to there,
story in our fourms --> http://www.cowboysstampede.com.au/showthread.php?1092-Online-jersey-auction-2015-Marvel-(Thor)-Jerseys-ends-12-noon-Friday-11-September&p=50563&viewfull=1#post50563