Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

UFC

Chapdog

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Tony Ferguson and khabib fight cancelled 5 times now.

I don’t like Ferguson I think he is a tool but I believe he was the the best case of beating Khabib ... I really think he could have won.

I herd he bearly does any sparing in his fight camps and just focuses on fitness.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'm so disappointed Khabib found a way to pull out of this fight. If he really wanted to fight he would've fought. Heck there are 22 other fighters who are going to fight according to the card Dana posted the other day. Hopefully Ferguson can get the job done against Gaethe. He should be able to, but Ferguson really isn't gaining a whole lot from taking this fight tbh. Hopefully it'll be 6th time lucky.

Chapdog

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I’ve told heaps of people who don’t really follow UFC this would have been the one of the best fights See.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
More of a boxing fan but I really couldn’t care less about watching Khabib. Just not into wrestling at all.

Even though Khabib’s ground game overwhelmed McGregor - I’d still prefer to watch McGregor any day of the week.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'm so disappointed Khabib found a way to pull out of this fight. If he really wanted to fight he would've fought. Heck there are 22 other fighters who are going to fight according to the card Dana posted the other day.
I understand there are some travel issues (U.S. has a bunch of travel restrictions as all countries do) but even if they weren't and Khabib just straight up said 'I don't want to travel and fight during a pandemic' I wouldn't blame him. Can't imagine these guys are training or preparing properly.

It's pretty insane that the UFC are going ahead with this and other events. I'm happy there will be fights on and I'll definitely be watching but I really hope they are taking proper precautions.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
More of a boxing fan but I really couldn’t care less about watching Khabib. Just not into wrestling at all.

Even though Khabib’s ground game overwhelmed McGregor - I’d still prefer to watch McGregor any day of the week.

I just want to see Khabib get beaten as I don't like him or his wet blanket fighting style. It's highly effective obviously but painstakingly boring. Credit to him, he can wrestle and basically just lay on top of someone until they get tired. Tony doesn't get tired. I think that's why this fight is interesting. Been waiting for it for years and devastated it's not happening again.

There is talks that the UFC are going to hold their fights on their own private island. Who knows who will even be sanctioning it lol.

Chapdog

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
100% agree with Jordan ,

was so looking forward to the end of khabib he is sooooo boring and rubbish for the sport and like you said Ferguson doesn’t get tired. I think Tony could have won and that’s why I have been waiting for this fight !

can’t they fly him over in private jet or something.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
There is talks that the UFC are going to hold their fights on their own private island. Who knows who will even be sanctioning it lol.
Be interesting to see what country it is in though. Most of the South American countries have some of the toughest coronavirus travel restrictions of all.

Like where do you go at this time?

I personally think White is full of BS about his island idea.

Chapdog

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Maybe the NRL could borrow the island for the comp hahahaha

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I just read that the Netherlands wont be showing UFC 249 as it is 'unethical' to broadcast sports during a pandemic.

Just waiting for ScoMo to announce at his next press conference that it's banned in Australia as well as it promotes gatherings lol.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
...And it's back off

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Oh well if Dana can't get it done, it can't be done.

f*** knows why ESPN let him get so far in negotiations for them to make him pull the plug.

Professional sport will be too politically incorrect after all this. Crowds are always going to be frowned upon now. Anything enjoyable will deemed 'non essential' by large portions of the population. There's literally no end in sight for this. I can see the same thing happening with the NRL if they try to relaunch next month too.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Oh well if Dana can't get it done, it can't be done.

f*** knows why ESPN let him get so far in negotiations for them to make him pull the plug.

Professional sport will be too politically incorrect after all this. Crowds are always going to be frowned upon now. Anything enjoyable will deemed 'non essential' by large portions of the population. There's literally no end in sight for this. I can see the same thing happening with the NRL if they try to relaunch next month too.
Seems like a Californian senator stepped in and put pressure on ESPN / Disney

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
I knew he couldn’t get it done. Really bad look in the US when there is so many corona cases (461,000) in the US.

He’d get more mileage for the UFC doing charitable stuff atm. He just looked like a selfish prick trying to put on a fight, to be honest.