Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

UFC

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Let's get the new Cowboys stadium finished quick smart for the middle weight title fight showdown in September.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Too late, Whittaker confirmed to fight Adesanya in Melbourne at Docklands, on the NRL Grand Final Day, for the UFC middleweight title. This will be a huuuuuuugggggeeeee day!

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
And John Wayne Parr has been scheduled to fight Mundane. I hope he cracks him!

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Too late, Whittaker confirmed to fight Adesanya in Melbourne at Docklands, on the NRL Grand Final Day, for the UFC middleweight title. This will be a huuuuuuugggggeeeee day!
If he doesn’t pull out. Has pulled out of his last two Australian cards.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don't care what his excuse is - if he pulls out again he has to be stripped of his title imo. I was so close to buying tickets to those last 2 events he was headlining but didn't for whatever reason.

In saying that I'll be buying tickets and supporting Whittaker so I'll be the sucker if he does pull out. I just hope they make the rest of the card half decent. The last one they had for the Gastelum fight was woeful. There have been Fight Night's with a better lineup.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Marvel Stadium though... will need binoculars to see. I get they want a huge crowd but the fans end up suffering. Might give it a miss sadly

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I think it’s great that it’s at Marvel. More people will be able to go and you won’t have to pay $300 for a ticket.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I didn't end up going to Rousey vs Holm but had several friends who did and they had to watch on the big screen the whole event. It's just not suited to a sport like MMA where you need to see a relatively small area of focus. Tickets were also still expensive.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I didn't end up going to Rousey vs Holm but had several friends who did and they had to watch on the big screen the whole event. It's just not suited to a sport like MMA where you need to see a relatively small area of focus. Tickets were also still expensive.
I went. The atmosphere was worth going alone and the tickets were reasonable. I knew going in it was a stadium event so the view isn’t going to be awesome. I’d go again at Marvel easily.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah I pretty much would've thought it'd be watching it on a big screen unless you paid through the roof for seats. The atmosphere would be good though. Rousey getting knocked out by Holm was my second favourite sporting moment of 2015.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
The ticket prices reflect that it’s a stadium event compared to an arena event. Not sure you can expect not to pay good money to attend an international event anyway.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I went. The atmosphere was worth going alone and the tickets were reasonable. I knew going in it was a stadium event so the view isn’t going to be awesome. I’d go again at Marvel easily.
Fair enough, I went to Silva vs Adesanya at Rod Laver and it was magic with a fantastic view of the action.

I guess it's an individual choice whether the trade off is worth it between the live atmosphere and poor view. The ideal middle ground is a rectangular stadium like Suncorp but no roof makes it tough.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If he doesn’t pull out. Has pulled out of his last two Australian cards.
Surely, surely he doesn't pull out o this one. Two freak medical incidents resulted in his withdrawals so fingers crossed, third time's a charm.

I heard him interviewed saying he would like to fight 3 or 4 times a year. But his hands seem to be a little Fenech like.

Adesanya's head doesn't look as hard as Romero's and even Natal's though.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
There is a good one this Sunday. Heavy weight rematch between Cormier and Miocic and an intreging middleweight bout between Yoel Romero and Paulo Costa. Fun times.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
There is a good one this Sunday. Heavy weight rematch between Cormier and Miocic and an intreging middleweight bout between Yoel Romero and Paulo Costa. Fun times.
Middleweight is where most of my attention lies for obvious reasons and I can't wait for the Romero v Costa bout.