Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

UFC

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Gotta respect him for giving it a go. Was very disappointed we didn't get to see any stand up. Gall seems like a bit of a dick tbh.
Gall has gone onto to great things. Calling out Dan Hardy then losing to Diego after rubbishing him. He seems to have a high level of self importance.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Robert Whittaker is one violent mofo
So bummed about Whittaker's injuries. He doesn't get the respect he deserves. Such a shame he wasn't able to defend his belt on home soil. I'm looking forward to him fighting next against Gastelum or Stylebender. I'm picking Galstelum in that one.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So bummed about Whittaker's injuries. He doesn't get the respect he deserves. Such a shame he wasn't able to defend his belt on home soil. I'm looking forward to him fighting next against Gastelum or Stylebender. I'm picking Galstelum in that one.
Yeah I had tickets to the Gastelum fight, was pretty gutting. Rumours are if Adesanya wins they will do a large stadium show in Australia.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Are you over the disappointment yet?
Never had any disappointment. Utmost respect to any one for stepping into the cage for a fight, let alone in the biggest MMA company in the world.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Yeah I had tickets to the Gastelum fight, was pretty gutting. Rumours are if Adesanya wins they will do a large stadium show in Australia.
I’m not sure if that’s what’ll happen personally. If it’s a big stadium show than it’s a PPV, which would likely mean it would be scheduled in for early next year. Think they’d have to unify the belts sooner than that, but it’s the UFC so who knows.

Gastelum is no joke though. I fancy his chances against Adesenya.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'd love to go to a Whittaker card in Australia but can't trust him after pulling out in both Perth and Melbourne. I know it's not his fault but the guy just seems to be cursed.

Big fan of Gastelum.. his boxing is awesome. Obviously undersized at middleweight and will have to close the distance against Adesanya, but he has knockout power if he can connect that's for sure. Would love to see someone shut up Adesanya whether that is Kelvin or Rob.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
I'd love to go to a Whittaker card in Australia but can't trust him after pulling out in both Perth and Melbourne. I know it's not his fault but the guy just seems to be cursed.

Big fan of Gastelum.. his boxing is awesome. Obviously undersized at middleweight and will have to close the distance against Adesanya, but he has knockout power if he can connect that's for sure. Would love to see someone shut up Adesanya whether that is Kelvin or Rob.
I don’t mind Adesenya. I like his style in and out of the octagon. Would love to see him fight Jones at LH if he went on to dominate the middle weight division.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
That he's a threat to my boy Rob is pretty much the only reason I don't like him lol. He's definitely entertaining and I like his style. I also don't like how he's skipped the queue McGregor style on route to a title shot. 43yo Anderson is the best win of his career and he really wasn't impressive at all. Most of the top 5 have highlight finishes over Tavarez and Brunson, who are his other 2 noted wins.

He was originally supposed to fight the winner of Gastelum and Whittaker. Wouldve liked to have seen him fight Jacare at least. I feel for Jacare, really should've had a title shot by now. Whittaker had to go through Murderers row in comparison.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
That he's a threat to my boy Rob is pretty much the only reason I don't like him lol. He's definitely entertaining and I like his style. I also don't like how he's skipped the queue McGregor style on route to a title shot. 43yo Anderson is the best win of his career and he really wasn't impressive at all. Most of the top 5 have highlight finishes over Tavarez and Brunson, who are his other 2 noted wins.

He was originally supposed to fight the winner of Gastelum and Whittaker. Wouldve liked to have seen him fight Jacare at least. I feel for Jacare, really should've had a title shot by now. Whittaker had to go through Murderers row in comparison.
Yeah I get what you mean RE jumping the queue. Though if he beats Kelvin on Sunday than I guess it was the right call.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Wow didn't realise it was Sunday - that has come around quick.

Anyone watch the Bareknuckle FC on the weekend? I caught the main event of Lobov v Knight. So brutal. It's madness. They literally start every round in a small circle in the middle of the ring and they just stand and bang. Was pretty entertaining though wouldn't think you could forge a long career in that sport.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score

Anyone watch the Bareknuckle FC on the weekend? I caught the main event of Lobov v Knight. So brutal. It's madness. They literally start every round in a small circle in the middle of the ring and they just stand and bang. Was pretty entertaining though wouldn't think you could forge a long career in that sport.
Yeah saw the main event. Absolute brutal sport. See their faces a day after the fight? Almost unrecognisable. Artem v Malignaggi in June is going to be huge. Artem is the best thing to happen to that organisation.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that promoted on the Fite.tv app during the week. Checked the highlights, pretty insane. Also saw the brawl in the crowd during the Lobov fight lol.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah saw the main event. Absolute brutal sport. See their faces a day after the fight? Almost unrecognisable. Artem v Malignaggi in June is going to be huge. Artem is the best thing to happen to that organisation.
Yeah they were messed up. Definitely looking forward to Artem v Paulie. Will be quite the grudge match.

I know he'd never do it but I like to see how Conor would go. He'd be right in his forté I think. Has excellent reach and really precise shots, won't have to worry about takedowns there's only 2 minute rounds so cardio won't be as much of a problem. Lol. Can't seem to stay out of trouble though.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

I was considering heading to Melbourne but glad I didn't in the end. Gastelum's wrestling could be a factor but Adesanya sort of mesmerises people, like Tavares who barely tried to clinch from memory.

I don't think it will happen to Gastelum but. He took on Uriah Hall in the TUF finale as a rank underdog and brought home the bacon. He doesn't seem phased by much.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Only saw the photos of their faces afterwards. Man, I hope they're paid well. That looked rough.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I’m not sure if that’s what’ll happen personally. If it’s a big stadium show than it’s a PPV, which would likely mean it would be scheduled in for early next year. Think they’d have to unify the belts sooner than that, but it’s the UFC so who knows.

Gastelum is no joke though. I fancy his chances against Adesenya.
If you believe the rumours they're targeting July/August for UFC 240/241 but obviously it all depends on what happens this weekend. If Gastelum wins or if Adesanya wins but gets injured or battered in the process it's all still up in the air

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Wow one of the great title fights in UFC history. Unbelievable heart from both Kelvin and stylebender. Israel is no joke. Bring on the unification in Australia hopefully!

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
If they’re doing a stadium show, surely it’ll be etihad given the ability to close the roof? Though given they’ve already held a card in Melbourne this year maybe they go somewhere else? I know a stadium in Brisbane that’ll barely be used for the whole of September..

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The original rumors said they were exploring stadiums in Brisbane or Sydney, but that would mean an outdoor show which they haven't done since Abu Dhabi years ago. I would guess Melbourne has the inside running but I really hope they don't go to Etihad, it's a terrible stadium especially for a sport like MMA where you need to have perfect sight lines.

They can get 20k into Qudos Bank Arena, that's where I would like to see it held. Suncorp 2nd best option