Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

UFC

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
And Lesnar is done for possible doping violation.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
CM Punk debut tomorrow. I'm actually very excited. Massive Punk fan.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Not a big wrestling fan but watched that four part doco 'The Evolution of Punk'. He seems like a really good bloke. Hope he goes well tomorrow.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I liked Punk but then I think he started to over estimate his own abilities. He hated Cena getting the spot, but when Punk had it for one year, the work-load burnt him out, but he left in a way that it was the WWE's fault rather than him not handling his role....

I agree with some of his issues with the company, but he could neither understand that legends like the Taker and Rock earnt their status to come back in a big match once a year. Kurt Angle once said "Punk has to realise that he will want and get that when he is a legend of the business".

Last edited:

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I liked Punk but then I think he started to over estimate his own abilities. He hated Cena getting the spot, but when Punk had it for one year, the work-load burnt him out, but he left in a way that it was the WWE's fault rather than him not handling his role....

I agree with some of his issues with the company, but he could neither understand that legends like the Taker and Rock earnt their status to come back in a big match once a year. Kurt Angle once said "Punk has to realise that he will want and get that when he is a legend of the business".
I 100% support his stance on that.

Nothing ****s me more than someone like the Rock coming back and slotting straight into the Main Event of Wrestlemania. That slot should be a reward for someone that busts their ass for over 300 days a year. Just imagine you worked for over 300 days a year in what i assume is your far easier job, and then at the end of that, some guy thats done nothing all year a) gets given credit for the job and b) gets a much higher pay than you do for the effort. I doubt you'd stick around to long. And i think if Punk didnt leave the way he did, we wouldnt see the champions like we have now. Bryan probably never wouldve won the title.

I've heard from a lot of people that Punk can be a bit of a dick. Usually though, from my experience, a lot of those people (and a whole lot of wrestling fans) are dicks themselves. So I can understand the whole "if you're a dick, ill be a dick" mentality. I met him once, and he seemed nice enough. And he comes across nice enough in a lot of backstage videos (like the Evolution Of Punk).

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It's ironic that he left the WWE because part timers were getting the big money and big exposure, when he has waltzed into the UFC and taken a main card spot from life long martial artists.

Anyway dude is gonna get finished, I strongly believe he'll be one and done or two and done in the UFC. I hope the UFC stops doing this kind of sideshow fight, it's a bad look for the sport IMO.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
It's ironic that he left the WWE because part timers were getting the big money and big exposure, when he has waltzed into the UFC and taken a main card spot from life long martial artists.

Anyway dude is gonna get finished, I strongly believe he'll be one and done or two and done in the UFC. I hope the UFC stops doing this kind of sideshow fight, it's a bad look for the sport IMO.
To be fair, training several hours a day specifically for the sport for nearly 2 years makes him the opposite of a Part Timer. Yes, ideally he would've had at least an amateur fight. He also offered to go through The Ultimate Fighter. But with such a big name, the UFC clearly didnt want to risk the pay day by having him have a fight elsewhere were he gets beaten and possibly says "yeah, its not for me".

I could understand all the hate if he was half assing it thinking he could do it easy, but he doesnt appear to be. Everything I've watched of him, he's been very modest. It looks like he's been working very hard, has nothing but positive things to say about the sport itself and yet still people find the most obscure reasons to hate on him for it.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don't hate him, I just don't care to see it. I'm a diehard UFC fan and watch every single card, I resent that instead of watching a fight that actually means something it will be this fight, which is just a quick cash in on a name. The guy himself seems nice enough but that doesn't mean he suddenly has skills.

It's ridiculous to me that anyone believes this could be a good fight. Both guys are way too green for the UFC, best case scenario it ends quickly before it gets too sloppy.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I don't hate him, I just don't care to see it. I'm a diehard UFC fan and watch every single card, I resent that instead of watching a fight that actually means something it will be this fight, which is just a quick cash in on a name. The guy himself seems nice enough but that doesn't mean he suddenly has skills.

It's ridiculous to me that anyone believes this could be a good fight. Both guys are way too green for the UFC, best case scenario it ends quickly before it gets too sloppy.
Depends on what kind of fight you want to see. You have to remember that a lot of fans don't enjoy GSP fights. And he has the skills... If the skill level of both fighters is equal and both are happy to engage, whilst it might not be the most technical fight, it could still be what I consider a "fun fight". Can just hope they both cop a punch and aren't deterred by it.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Punk to be **** because that's just how **** goes for me right now.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Punk got completely mauled.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
LOL@Punk... He has long over estimated his abilities...

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Oh well.

Shot in a bit too hard, didn't get a chance to display any skills he might have.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Gotta respect him for giving it a go. Was very disappointed we didn't get to see any stand up. Gall seems like a bit of a dick tbh.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think he needs to seriously think long and hard about whether he wants to fight again.

Gall is a rookie himself, there's not much of a step down available for him in the ufc

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Sadly, it seems Miesha Tate has decided to retire.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Shame about Miesha but yeah she was probably right that her time in the sun had passed.

Can't say I'm happy about McGregor winning both belts, just going to make him even more unbearable in the short term. Love his work in the cage and he was born to fight, but **** me is he a wanker outside of it.

Khabib makes short work of him anyway IMO.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Robert Whittaker is one violent mofo