Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

UFC

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
TUF Nations started a while back and the Aussies got pummeled in the first couple of bouts. The Aussies fought back in the last two episodes and now it's 2-3 to Canada.

The fight between the 'Wild Thing' and Nordine was awesome.

Also, how sick was it when Anderson Silva snapped his tibia on Weidman's knee?!?

The Rousey v Tate fight on that card was a corker.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Did you hear that Tyler can't get a contract now no matter how well he goes in the comp now? He posted some meme on his Instragram a couple of years ago (when he was only 17 mind you) which was deemed racist and now the UFC don't want him... Pretty disappointing as he was our most promising fighter imo.

That Anderson Silva injury was ridiculous... was at Brothers Leagues Club watching it live in Cairns and everyone there was in a state of shock when it happened.. was pretty crazy.. Looking forward to when Rousey loses a fight, not a fan.. She's headlining next weekend I'm pretty sure.. might have to get it on PPV.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Also, how sick was it when Anderson Silva snapped his tibia on Weidman's knee?!?
Just to correct this sentence, "how sick was it when weidman snapped Silvas tibia with his knee?". Great leg kick defence. Even if it didn't break, he wouldn't have kicked him much more.

Was pretty disappointed Tate couldn't get the job done. I'm a fan and really dislike Rousey. She really seems like a horrible person and a bad sport. Seems she's happy to dish shit out, but unwilling to take it in return.

And I think it's a joke that that guys career hinges on something he did years ago as a minor. When did this world become such a precious place? And all because of a meme? Absolute joke.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It was interesting to hear Weidman and his coach talking about how they had trained for exactly that. Weidman said something like "I wanted to hurt him if he was going to try and kick me that hard, but I didn't expect anything that crazy to happen.'

I just looked up Tyler Manawaroa's post. Stupid, immature thing to do, at best. Good on the UFC, I guess. They've set their standard.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Rousey is a terrible sport and I would love to see her beaten. She's an impressive athlete, but.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Robert Whittaker is fighting in the first pay per view fight on the Rousey card tomorrow. I don't have time to sit down and watch the whole card but would love to catch his bout.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Oh nice, I'm a fan of Whittaker. I'll probably get the PPV online tomorrow at UFC.tv. Would like to see Rousey lose

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Whittaker just got knocked out... Thompson is a bit of a weapon. Pretty disappointed about that

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
New Zealand's Robert Whittaker, cracked!

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Anyone watching Weidman v Machida?

Looking forward to the highlights.

ozyscott

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Livestream is showing free

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Anyone watching Weidman v Machida?

Looking forward to the highlights.
Don't get to watch much UFC, but I thought it was a decent fight. Watched the female title fight too. Entertaining stuff all 16 secs of it.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
How about Uriah Hall's toe? Broke it in the first round, bone was exposed and everything. Can't believe the refs did stop it. Uriah fought on with it and won in 3 rounds. New found respect for him that's for sure.

Weidman Machida fight was good.. though Machida didn't really turn up until round 4.. Weidman was gassing pretty badly, looked to be rocked on a couple of occasions. Did well to steady the ship and grind out the win though.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Lost $50 on Machida. Middleweight looks to be an interesting weight class for the foreseeable future. Can't wait to see Vitor get a shot at Weidman.

I really wish the UFC would invest more in the women, there doesn't seem to be any depth in the division for Ronda to fight. Right now the only challenger she has left is Cat Zingano who is having a real tough time getting healthy enough to fight her.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Mark Hunt fighting for the interim title today. I'm excited.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Wow. Just had a women's fight. Eye vs Smith. Pretty sure that if the doctors didn't stop it, Smith Would've lost a large portion of her ear. Thing was busted and looked like it was hanging off her head.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I got UFC 180 on ppv. Shame about Hunt, he seemed to be going well when he got caught with that knee.

That ear injury was crazy, she wanted to keep going too.

I was happy Kelvin Gastelum got the win. The kid is something. Been following him since TUF a couple of years ago. He's got some strength about him, loves that rear naked choke.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Still pretty upset about the Hunt result. Did everything right up until the point he was hit. Could tell he was gassed really early though. Probably needed to finish it in the first, as he was probably going to struggle later on. 3 weeks wasn't any where near enough time to climatise. I just hope he gets rewarded with another shot, just for saving this card. I don't think there would've been many takers at high altitude and short notice.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Massive UFC card tomorrow! Can't wait. I've only ever see Anthony Pettis highlights. The fight with Melendez should be a cracker.