Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Tv series - what are we watching?

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Started the first episode, before I got interrupted...
It's very enjoyable. I can't help but feel that MJ dropped this series to remind people he is the GOAT. LeBron James (and Kobe Bryant) are the GOAT to my generation, but MJ wants younger generations to remember his greatness.

With that being said, I know older generations who feel that Wilt Chamberlain is the GOAT. Maybe not in the amount of titles, but offensively, he was just unstoppable. Same as Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
One thing that annoys me is the basketball fans universally talk about how tough the game was played in Jordan's era with the Bad Boy Pistons, Celtics etc. The people who think the 80s and 90s were so tough for basketball have clearly forgotten the violent 70s lol

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Jordan was the best player at a time when the NBA became huge around the world. There’s no doubt he was an incredible player but I feel the way he is talked up is boosted by this occurrence.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
After never watching it before I binged every episode of the Walking Dead in the last month. Started watching it because of coronavirus and got to the end of season 10 only to find out the last episode has been delayed because of coronavirus (left it on a cliffhanger too). I kind of felt I went full circle lol.

I've been watching the MJ doco as well. Have quite enjoyed it so far.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Jordan was the best player at a time when the NBA became huge around the world. There’s no doubt he was an incredible player but I feel the way he is talked up is boosted by this occurrence.
Jordan didn't have a great team record in the 80s. Yet today, LeBron is crucified for any time he doesn't win a championship.

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Finished 2nd episode of the MJ doco... Good stuff

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
It's been bloody good tv, though. I am loving it.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Isiah Thomas and Michael Jordan need a hotel room :p

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Finished 5th episode last night.. How any are there... 8?

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
It's a shame the series is coming to an end, but no doubt MJ has set the done, and many of the greats will try similar.

Apparently Kobe has footage of his last season (behind the scenes). Apparently the 2008 Dream Team as well.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
There is an awesome Biggie and Tupac show on Netflix. I liked a bit of hip hop back in the day.