Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Tv series - what are we watching?

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
In the last month or so I've watched the first seasons of Silicon Valley, American Horror Story & Skins. Didn't really get into Silicon Valley until mid-way through the season, it was great at the end - took time for all the jokes to come together. Loved American Horror Story, watched the first two eps of season 2 today - it was pretty meh ditto Skins.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Just watched the first two eps of the new Netflix show, Stranger Things.

Good start, it's like ET meets The X-Files, a lot of 80's nostalgia.

Jamamio

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just watched the first two eps of the new Netflix show, Stranger Things.

Good start, it's like ET meets The X-Files, a lot of 80's nostalgia.
I binge watched the whole season already. Stupid Netflix, lol.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Anyone have fresh recommendations? Recent watches for me:

- Black Mirror: sci-fi anthology that tries to show some dangerous consequences of technology. New season was great.
- Peaky Blinders: new season was amazing. Old school 1920s British gangster series. Stars Cilian Murphy (Batman Begins, Dunkirk etc)
- Mindhunter: about the creation of criminal profiling in the FBI. Binge watched in 2 days.
- Shot in the Dark: documentary series about the "stringer" phenomenon - guys who film stock footage of accidents, fires etc for US news networks. Really compelling viewing

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have fresh recommendations? Recent watches for me:

- Black Mirror: sci-fi anthology that tries to show some dangerous consequences of technology. New season was great.
- Peaky Blinders: new season was amazing. Old school 1920s British gangster series. Stars Cilian Murphy (Batman Begins, Dunkirk etc)
- Mindhunter: about the creation of criminal profiling in the FBI. Binge watched in 2 days.
- Shot in the Dark: documentary series about the "stringer" phenomenon - guys who film stock footage of accidents, fires etc for US news networks. Really compelling viewing
Need to catch up with Peaky Blinders and finish off the new season of Black Mirror. Enjoyed Mindhunter too.

Never watched Star Trek before, but I'm loving Star Trek Discovery.

The three seasons of Fargo, along with Legion are up there with the best shows of all time IMO, Noah Hawley is awesome. Rewatching Legion at the moment. The quality is as high as Fargo but because it's set in the X-Men universe there's room to get really weird.

The first season of Westworld is about as good as TV can get.

The Leftovers is another recent one I enjoyed.

As a big fan of The Wire and Treme, I need to watch The Deuce.

Rumbo

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Recent ones for me:

Star Trek Discovery.
Good Doctor (Basically a spin off from House so if you enjoyed House you will like this)

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve been watching a Netflix exclusive called “The Good Place”. It’s a comedy, has short episodes. I really enjoy it.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who hasn't been watching Shameless should give it a look. I love it.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Currently into McMafia ........promising

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I am a fan of the Kardashians-the girls and I find it interesting Bruce changing to Caitlyn-hes just like me, why would he do that I wonder.
I like watching the shows about Gypsys
I like Married At First Sight
I thought this season of South Park was great-they have their finger on the pulse and the issues they raise are a good guide of whats coming to Oz
I dont mind watching Becker now
I cant bring myself to binge on Netflix-short attention span, or Netflix and chill-not a fan of hook up culture-i respect women
I like the Goldbergs
Im reading Jordan Petersen (in the news recently) and watching his videos-helping me to be less critical, more focused n stuff.
Dance Moms-like that

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I dont mind watching Becker now
I don’t know what it is about this show, but if I’m scrolling through channels and I see it’s on, I’ll generally watch it. In saying that, I won’t go out of my way to watch it as an entire series.

Been quite a while since I’ve seen it though. The last time I caught it, it was actually quite a heartbreaking episode that I completely didn’t expect. Nearly made me cry. f***ing Becker.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The three seasons of Fargo, along with Legion are up there with the best shows of all time IMO, Noah Hawley is awesome. Rewatching Legion at the moment. The quality is as high as Fargo but because it's set in the X-Men universe there's room to get really weird.
Started this, very good so far. Look forward to checking out Altered Carbon on Netflix soon also

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Started this, very good so far. Look forward to checking out Altered Carbon on Netflix soon also
Just watching AC now (looks trippy), also started Waco ( about the seige), Counterpart & The Alienist

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I watched black mirror today-episode where the ppl rank each other on phones...I will watch again

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
'Chance' & 'Berlin station' on SBS I-view

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Finished watching Altered Carbon.
Good concept, bit corny in places, particularly the ending (imo), but generally worth a watch.
Probably 6.5 - 7 .
Just starting Britannia, probably a bit like Vikings in that its a historical based drama, I'll reserve judgement till I'm further in

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I watched Black Mirror today-space fleet episode...I felt it ended abruptly and maybe I didnt watch closely as I couldn't figure out how Matt Damons bro got stuck

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I am personally not a fan of that episode although it got critical acclaim. My personal favourites are "shut up and dance" in season 3 and "15 million merits" season 1