Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match Trial Match vs Melbourne in Mackay

Rumbo

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Why is Green still persisting with O'Neil he scored only 3 tries all year his been garbage since 2017. Would rather see Opacic & Tuala fight for the last spot.

Not sure about Lolo in the back row but will see how he goes.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Is Jensen still injured?

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Ah, that's right, forgot Jensen went off in the trial. Hopefully nothing too serious. Would love to hear some news on Taulagi and Wiltshire as well.

Last edited:

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score

Looks like Green mainly wants to get big minutes into those who didn't get a run last week. I wonder where Baptiste is though.

Eli_Cash

Junior
Reaction score
I read in the Bulletin on Monday that Jensen picked up an ankle injury during the Titans trial. Green said it wasn't serious and he wouldn't risk him against the storm, he should be fit for RD 1 selection.

Baptiste has a hamstring complaint, he didn't say whether he would be fit for RD 1. I'm hoping it wasn't a serious issue. He's going to be vital to the Cowboys this season.

On the team, I think it's exciting. That run on pack is the scariest in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if throughout the season you see forwards switching positions in attack. Jase alternating between lock and sometimes attacking an edge. Moose shifting between lock and prop.

When you have a workhorse like Moose in the pack it takes a lot of pressure off the other forwards, so I think you'll see an increase in production from the likes of McLean, Scott and Jase.

I like Hampton in the centres, I think he's proven he's too good a player to not be in the team somewhere and he was ineffective as a utility.

O'Neil is meh, not surprising as the most experienced centre he gets first bite. Expect him to be replaced early if he as a lean start.

I think one of the big fellas will start from the bench in RD 1 but that's an intimidating second row. If the game plan is to start fast, hold the middle period of the game with a mobile bench, and then finish it off when the starting props return, I think that is a viable gameplan. But saying that I do think they could do with Scott/McLean/McGuire/Hess coming off the bench for impact. Maybe give Dunn a start and bring Hess on?

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think one of the big fellas will start from the bench in RD 1 but that's an intimidating second row. If the game plan is to start fast, hold the middle period of the game with a mobile bench, and then finish it off when the starting props return, I think that is a viable gameplan. But saying that I do think they could do with Scott/McLean/McGuire/Hess coming off the bench for impact. Maybe give Dunn a start and bring Hess on?
I reckon that could be the eventual plan, just need to ease Dunn in and see how he goes. Made a few errors in the last trial, he's still very much learning how to play in the forwards. Exciting prospect though.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Josh Hannay pre-game interview above. Thought his comments on the Lolo thing were interesting, he says they will play him on the edge until Coops comes on when he will move into the middle third.

I wonder if this is Green's way of trying to give Lolo a break without sitting him on the bench? Basically giving him a breather by putting him on an edge for spells where it's less of a grind in terms of work load

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
When the game is over, can someone add the final score to the thread title? I'm presently in NZ with limited access, so hard to troll through all the posts to get score.
Also can someone pm me the score from the other trial match.

Cheers

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Nene out with Bowen replacing him. Not sure what the story behind that is.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hopefully not an injury for Nene.

Stream looks in better nick this weekend

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score