Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Thurston interview. 60 Minutes. Tomorrow night. 8.30 pm.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I saw on TV that Thurston will be doing an interview at 8.30 pm tomorrow on 60 Minutes. What I know. JT:

· is with his wife when the interview is done.
· breaks down during the interview.
· says he has never discussed this issue with anyone.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Here is a quote from another website on the interview.

"In an emotional interview, Thurston reflects on the highs and lows of his career, opening up about the triumphs of winning premierships and the heartache of losses and club controversies.

The first player to speak out exclusively on the 2004 Coffs Harbour rape scandal involving Canterbury Bulldogs players, Thurston sets the record straight only on 60 Minutes.

And Thurston lays it all on the line – breaking down in his most raw and emotional moment yet. What brings this footy star to tears?"

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/10/21/05/26/60-minutes-johnathon-thurston-north-queensland-cowboys-nrl-state-of-origin

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I watched the 60 minutes program last night.

It was quite enjoyable. It was interesting seeing footage of JT playing as a junior. The only disappointing aspect was that they didn't really have anything (or too much) on how the cows nabbed JT from the bulldogs. A one or two minute segment on that would have made it an excellent program. Perhaps some footage of a bulldog's supporter crying into a glass of beer about losing him.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I watched the 60 minutes program last night.

It was quite enjoyable. It was interesting seeing footage of JT playing as a junior. The only disappointing aspect was that they didn't really have anything (or too much) on how the cows nabbed JT from the bulldogs. A one or two minute segment on that would have made it an excellent program. Perhaps some footage of a bulldog's supporter crying into a glass of beer about losing him.
If yo go to A Night With JT you'll find out more about that.

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Read JTs book. Its all in there
Got this yesterday for my birthday......... I've only read the very first chapter........ A recount of the closing stages of the 2015 GF through the eyes of JT

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Donelec

Junior
Donor
Reaction score
Don’t know if I’m a slow reader or just savouring each chapter but had it for a week now and just halfway. He certainly doesn’t seem to hide anything
Great read.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Got this yesterday for my birthday......... I've only read the very first chapter........ A recount of the closing stages of the 2015 GF through the eyes of JT

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm glad they made that at the start... I'd have flipped through and had a sneaky read otherwise lol.