Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

The elephant in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thurston4pm

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I strongly disagree with fan, but blocking people for having a different opinion is ****in hilarious.

marshmellow man

Sent Off
Reaction score
Bowen: 102 avg metres, 28 try-assists, 13 tries, 19 linebreaks, 19 linebreak assists, 120 tacklebreaks, 30 try-saves, 4.5 avg tackles, 165 supports, 283 avg kick metres.

Barba: 120 avg metres, 22 try-assists, 21 tries, 25 linebreaks, 14 linebreak assists, 160 tacklebreaks, 30 try-saves, 2 avg tackles, 130 supports.
Great work as usual jhack. How about some error stats so we can evaluate what is being discussed. e.g. Ben Barba error rates 2011 and 2012 vs Matty Bowen error rates 2011 and 2012. These stats might provide a better comparison between the two players.

UnderCoverBrother

Junior
Reaction score
people only like to bring up the bad stats, although he didnt loose us the game, I count say for certain this year he has won us alot more games then you have claimed his lost us. i.e round 2 v broncos, among alot more other games.

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Here you go Marshmellow Man

Bowen: 37 Handling Errors this season.

Barba: 31 Handling Errors this season

Jamamio

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Blocking people on a forum just leads to one sided arguments. Lol.

It's good to see both sides, however absurd the statement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thurston4pm

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Agreed, some people on here are ridiculous. If you cant tolerate opinions that differ to your own, don't join a forum, just talk to yourself.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Bowen: 102 avg metres, 28 try-assists, 13 tries, 19 linebreaks, 19 linebreak assists, 120 tacklebreaks, 30 try-saves, 4.5 avg tackles, 165 supports, 283 avg kick metres.

Barba: 120 avg metres, 22 try-assists, 21 tries, 25 linebreaks, 14 linebreak assists, 160 tacklebreaks, 30 try-saves, 2 avg tackles, 130 supports.
Wow. No wonder these 2 guys were 1st and 2nd in the Dally M votes this season.

Barba statistically looks marginally superior, but take into consideration :

1.) Having another player in the same team, Ash Graham tied Barba in the leading try scorers in the comp. Considering Bowen's superior try assist stat, there's a good chance he played a hand in some of Ash's 4 pointers. Plus scoring a try every second game himself, that's not a bad enough.

2.) Bowen by far has a greater kicking game

There's really not alot between these two guys this season

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I strongly disagree with fan, but blocking people for having a different opinion is ****in hilarious.

I don't think he would be getting blocked for having a different opinion. It's more the fact that he just constantly defames a club legend. Thats the only input I can personally say I've seen from him on this site. As soon a Matt Bowen has a good game, he's rarely seen, as soon as he's had a shocker, well, this is the result.

zed

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
When we're talking Magic Bowen V Barba, are there any stats to show how many points each player conceded from their own errors? From memory there was at least 2 occasions this season where Barba tried to jedi mind trick the ball dead but his opponents raced in to score...

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Give u the tip Fan- Zac Santo is the one who is fast emerging as the successor to Bowen.

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Here you go Marshmellow Man

Bowen: 37 Handling Errors this season.

Barba: 31 Handling Errors this season
Only 6 more errors even though he practically plays two roles (fullback and extra half) to Barba's one? That's a brilliant effort Matty. No wonder he is voted the 2nd best player in the comp in 2012.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I notice how quiet you go for months when he's playing well , soon as he makes a couple of mistakes you death ride him to hell , do you ever stop to think we wouldn't.t have made it that far without him ! The beginning of the year you said we'd never go any good till we got a fullback like Hoffman how did that work out for you Hoffman can't even get a gig at fullback for the bronco's you think they wouldn't love to stick Matty in their team to add some spark to their pedestrian attack this year, mate I'd hate to have you as a critic wouldn't matter how many things I did right I'd be ****e as soon as I made one error , your like a fricken broken record , and no one agrees with you , not the fans not the coaches . not the media not the other players , but you keep harping on and on and on.... end rant!
I tried to like this post but couldn't. Well said sir.

Pretty sure 'fan' was trolling. Trying to lift his spirits after the disappointment of Friday night.

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think these effective tackle stats have been posted before in another thread, but trollfromeurope ignored how terrible his favourite player Josh Hoffman is. Interesting.

http://www.nrl.com/revealed-the-nrls-backline-defensive-heroes/tabid/10874/newsid/68178/default.aspx

Brett Stewart (Sea Eagles) 80.6%; Billy Slater (Storm) 79.5%; Matt Bowen (Cowboys) 78.4%; Brett Morris (Dragons) 77.3%; Tim Moltzen (Wests Tigers) 76.3%; Kevin Locke (Warriors) 75%; Greg Inglis (Rabbitohs) 74.6%; Matthew Wright (Sharks) 74.6%; Josh Dugan (Raiders) 74.3%; Ben Barba (Bulldogs) 73.2%; Jarryd Hayne (Eels) 71.4%; Darius Boyd (Knights) 71.3%; Reece Robinson (Raiders) 67.6%; Lachlan Coote (Panthers) 64.9%; William Zillman (Titans) 64.6%; Anthony Minichiello (Roosters) 63.9%; Josh Hoffman (Broncos) 51.2%.

Bundy

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Yes EuroTroll, lets get rid of the 2nd best player in the league this year and the Cowboys most valuable player for the year! Furthermore we me as well get rid of his partner in crime Thurston! He's had a few quiet games also.

Also heard a rumour, the Bunnies are going to drop Inglis this week because he made a massive blunder last week under the high ball and they can't afford the risk of that happening again!

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
An inability to penetrate the better defences.
[/B][/I]
Cowboys v Melbourne game 1 - Scored a try
Cowboys v Souths - 3 tackle busts, 2 line breaks
Cowboys v Canterbury - 5 tackle busts, 2 line breaks
Cowboys v Melbourne game 2 - 5 tackles busts, 1 line break
Cowboys v Manly game 1 - 10 tackle busts

Add to that all his try assists and it seems he has a pretty decent ability to "penetrate the better defences". Time to stop the lies trollfromeurope.

cartman4pmok

Sent Off
Reaction score
Let's not forget if Benny Barba had stayed in NQ and had been selected over Matty, 95% of people on here would have said the coach is loopy.

Thommo Junior

Former Champion
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe this thread should have been called Elephant turd behind the keyboard ........

rexy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think these effective tackle stats have been posted before in another thread, but trollfromeurope ignored how terrible his favourite player Josh Hoffman is. Interesting.
Only Matt Bowen's mistakes count , What about the bomb Hoffman dropped for Morgans try in the semi- final ( off a Bowen Kick? ) and the well weighted grubber from Matty , for Morgan to snatch another try from Hoffman's grasp , no these plays don't exist , only Bowen's mistakes exist in Europe .:cursing:

Status
Not open for further replies.