Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match Sunshine Coast Trial vs Gold Coast Titans

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Not a bad game, classic trial sloppiness but I thought we played decent footy for the most part.

We didn't really have any constructed attack, all our points seemed pretty ad lib which I suppose is to be expected with no Morgo. Clifford had a big influence on the game, I would pick him as our 6 on that performance.

Some nice cameos from Cotter and Gilbert

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He looks like he has an endless pool of energy, really impressed by him.

Is he in the top 30? Looks like he could play some NRL this year.
Nah he's dev but apparently dev players can play after June 30 this season.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Thank your for the Gilbert answer. I was asking what position Russell was playing in. Centres or somewhere else/
He played a small bit at centre. Looked OK. Bowen and Tuala looked like the best centres in that game for mine. Opa and Russell didn't get as many minutes but they seemed like depth options at best to me in the small time they played. Neither look to have speed.

Pharoah

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
TMM had a pretty good game but Clifford is the better of the two. His goal kicking is a massive plus also. Hopefully Greeny can find a spot for both of them.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Not a bad completion rate, would make Green happy. Bout 80%

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
TMM had a pretty good game but Clifford is the better of the two. His goal kicking is a massive plus also. Hopefully Greeny can find a spot for both of them.
Thought TMM started the better, then Clifford took over and had more ball.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Only room for one IMO, and should be Clifford.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
The way I read it, TMM and Clifford took turns at being the dominant half.

TMM was solid at 7, did well to organise and kick us around the park, Clifford dominant at 7 and pushing the envelope.

Clifford seemed to struggle a bit when he took the back seat, his timing was off.

If he can figure out when to pick his moments Clifford is the better half to partner Morgo, I think the partnership could be a bit shaky at the start though because Clifford is much more suited to being the dominant playmaker.

TMM to me seems to have really good instincts and knows where to be and how to support a dominant half so could give us the best short term results if he starts the year there. I think he could be a really good fullback supporting Clifford and Morgo, I hope he gets another shot there if Kahu isn't firing.

I'd still have them both in the side, with TMM at fullback, and find a spot in the centres for Kahu, otherwise I'd go with Clifford and let him and Morgo work through any issues they might have early in the season.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I know he's super young, but that game cooled the hype on Hola for me in terms of playing NRL this season.

He looked physically way outmatched, needs to fill out his frame a bit. Hopefully gets some good time in Q Cup this year playing against men to help his development, just doesn't look quite ready yet.

edbeek

Junior
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I thought Thomas Gilbert had a really good trial. Only 18yo and Luck said it was his first senior game?
ET was strong. Thought Jake Granville went ok. Ethan Lowe looked like he's trying hard to get his spot back.

As much as I like TMM, I think Morgan & Clifford have to be our halves. As Dream said, put TMM at fullback as he's always ready in support to take any opportunities.

Heart

Junior
Reaction score
Gideon looked pretty hungry to me. Got involved a lot. I liked what I saw.

Javid also had a couple of nice touches. If he could find some agro, he could still be a good player. Have always just want to see with a bit of fire in his belly. It’s frustrating because you can see why he is still at the club as he shows flashes of brilliance but he just not nearly enough times.

Last edited:

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Spiral

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Once that sun finally went down it was a pretty great spot to watch a bit of footy. Liked what I saw from a lot of the boys out there and thought Dunny was decent playing plenty of minutes on the edge. Good depth to have there.

Surprised to see Granville play as many minutes as he did and looked good when he ran it. Still a bit clunky but both sides looked like they found it tough to time their passes in that wind.

Anyway, life is good now that the footy’s back!

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Did TMM play any minutes at fullback? If not that pretty much rules him out of the race for it right?