Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Stampede through the ages [Warning: Large Images]

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I was having a look at old versions of the Stampede on archive.org this afternoon and thought I'd share what I found, might bring back some memories.

2004 - This is my oldest memory of the stampede forum, this was back when it was still called the Southern Stampede, memory is too hazy before this but I want to say there was a group on Yahoo or something that pre-dated the site. That garish banner was my first contribution to the Stampede.

2006 - This was when the old admins changed the Stampede over to vBulletin, you had to login to see the forums so I can't get a shot of them, this was the homepage

2009 - This was after I joined the admin team and did my first theme for the site.

2011 - another update

2014 - This was after @Jordan recovered the site when it got hacked pretty bad and I was on a bit of a hiatus

2016 - Banner addition for the year after the won the premiership

2017 - Not much different to now and we only just changed but put it here to look back on anyway

Unfortunately I couldn't get screenshots of when we temporarily became the Bani Stampede and the MPW Stampede.

Last edited:

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Awesome post. Some nostalgic moments. It's amazing how long this place has been around for. Makes me pissed off that stupid fb group stole our name. We'll always be the real Stampede. And with the new improvements the future is strong.

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks Dream.

When I saw dscottflanders in that 2004 shot, memories came flooding back.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I was disappointed I was not included in the on line members. until I saw my old user name Cowboy Fury Pete.

One of my biggest punting wins, and I was at the game, was when the Fury were 5 to 1 against the Gold Coast, I had won the Treble that afternoon, so loaded up on the Fury. The Fury put the Gold coast to the sword.

After the demise of the Fury I changed my Moniker to Cowboy Pete

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The original message board was run by the club back in 99-2000. by about 2001 they cut it away due to not wanting the legal shit hanging over their heads if anyone said the wrong thing. Dscottflanders from memory owned/created the first stampede page in 2001-2002, although the actual Southern Stampede had existed since 1998 for all us punters who lived in Sydney and went to games together.

Thanks for bringing up the pics @Dream , brings back some good memories.

Agree with Jordan though, that FB page is a f***ing abortion, I get angry reading the utter shit on there.

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I wonder where is Roo's whereabouts?

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
i went to the sunny coast trial with him. He’s coming to the derby as well.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Awesome post. Some nostalgic moments. It's amazing how long this place has been around for. Makes me pissed off that stupid fb group stole our name. We'll always be the real Stampede. And with the new improvements the future is strong.
Have they changed their name, not sure if same page/group

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Have they changed their name, not sure if same page/group

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Na there's one called North Queensland Cowboys Stampede