Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Stampede Round 1 Predicted Team Poll

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Probably more injuries from the trials vs the 9s, but keep bagging the 9s

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Post-season, in the South of France, sure fill ya boots. But not pre-season.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
We will use data from the 9s events so far and trials equivalent.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
You have no idea at all? So even the wishy-washy "probably" was a massive overreach and phrase you were looking for is, "are there".
But you needed a vacuous premise for your subsequent mendacity.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think “the 9s carry greater injury risk” stems from one lone injury-Lachlan Coote.

The 9s total matches are played over less minutes than trial matches-that alone will mean more injuries at the trials.

It would be too hard to find the answer to this-but seems like common sense to me, where the highest injury tally would be..no research needed.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Just play the kids in the 9s. No Morgo , Holmes or Taumalolo please.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just play the kids in the 9s. No Morgo , Holmes or Taumalolo please.
Hmm promulgating the myth about the 9s.

Why dont you want our stars to play?
Because of that one time with Coote?

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I think “the 9s carry greater injury risk” stems from one lone injury-Lachlan Coote.

The 9s total matches are played over less minutes than trial matches-that alone will mean more injuries at the trials.

It would be too hard to find the answer to this-but seems like common sense to me, where the highest injury tally would be..no research needed.
Bollocks.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
For the 9s-if our team is to make it to the grand final we’ll play a maximum of 90 minutes footy total..only 36 minutes if no finals.
3 trial games=240 minutes

More risk from playing the trials.

Also the 9s are usually played at a nice stadium, nice field....trial matches can be played at country grounds, sometimes not so good fields-probably more injuries come from playing on bad fields.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
For the 9s-if our team is to make it to the grand final we’ll play a maximum of 90 minutes footy total..only 36 minutes if no finals.
3 trial games=240 minutes

More risk from playing the trials.

Also the 9s are usually played at a nice stadium, nice field....trial matches can be played at country grounds, sometimes not so good fields-probably more injuries come from playing on bad fields.
But not every player plays every trial, or as a full game.
When there was a trial here in mackay a couple of years ago, there was only 6 (maybe 8) regular first graders playing. They also have unlimited interchange & players were coming off & on after about 10 mins on a regular rotation. After halftime a complete different side took the field. And i dont believe the defence is as hard as regular games, as all sides want to field the best team come R1, so no one wants injuries.
Do they play 3 trials???? I thought it was generally only 2.

As the 9s is a special event, with substantial prize money (so i believe) & stature, most teams are going to be trying fairly hard to win (as we did in 2014) so I dont think you can say Trials or 9's will have less or more injuries, it most likely comes down to dumb shit luck.

I mean how may injuries happen during warm ups or training sessions????

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
But not every player plays every trial, or as a full game.
When there was a trial here in mackay a couple of years ago, there was only 6 (maybe 8) regular first graders playing. They also have unlimited interchange & players were coming off & on after about 10 mins on a regular rotation. After halftime a complete different side took the field. And i dont believe the defence is as hard as regular games, as all sides want to field the best team come R1, so no one wants injuries.
Do they play 3 trials???? I thought it was generally only 2.

As the 9s is a special event, with substantial prize money (so i believe) & stature, most teams are going to be trying fairly hard to win (as we did in 2014) so I dont think you can say Trials or 9's will have less or more injuries, it most likely comes down to dumb shit luck.

I mean how may injuries happen during warm ups or training sessions????
People are saying don’t play in the 9s and insinuating there is greater risk of injury at the 9s-but why?

It’s the same for 9s too-no player plays the full minutes.

We don’t field our best teams possible for the 9s, so I don’t think we are playing harder to win 9s games, than we are trials.

Yes injuries happen everywhere-Kyle hurt his groin at training-so what people are saying when they say no 9s, will get injured, do they mean too no training for the boys, could get injured like Kyle?

At the end of the day the players love the 9s.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I hope all our playmakers play in the Nines, could be a good way to blow out the cobwebs and grow their combinations.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The 9s might be a better tool than the trials in getting the players sharp for round 1-that’s my feel.
The form players of the 9s so far, do generally have excellent NRL seasons.

The 9s and trials complement each other.

If we field a strong side at 9s, it will be mostly because those players have demanded to play-its very popular amongst the players.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
People are saying don’t play in the 9s
Nobody has said that.
and insinuating there is greater risk of injury at the 9s
Or that.
Oh, that's easy: you like the Nines and mistakenly thought that I was against it. Despite my protestations and without double-checking, you have been acting as if that was the case ever since.
You're having a conversation with yourself where the credibility of the Nines is reduced to its injury record versus Trials. You've done this all on your own.

If you had read back, or read at all, you'd have seen that I think the Nines is a fine idea, post-season. The Nines is made for playing a bit looser, give the quick guys a chance to stretch and don't worry too much about up-and-in defence.

If you'd bothered to ask, I'd've told you that I have no reason to believe that more injuries occur in the Nines, just that doing it pre-season means that any injuries that occur have significant impact on the coming season, their being so close.

I did use the phrase, "pre-season massacre", you can understand now that my emphasis was on the "pre-season" part. As to my use of the word, "massacre", well yes, I'll give you that. My fault for thinking that you might have a sense of scale.