Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Stampede Round 1 Predicted Team Poll

CairnsCow

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Hey admins/mods, now that transfer talk has settled down to entertain us over the next couple of months do you want to run a round 1 team poll.
We could vote for positions and see how it comes out in the end to announce the Stampede official round 1 predicted team.

Could go something like:
Week 1 : Front row + Hooker
Week 2 : Second row + Lock
Week 3 : Halves
Week 4 : Centers
Week 5 : Wingers + Fullback
Week 6 : Reserves

Blow by Blow

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hey admins/mods, now that transfer talk has settled down to entertain us over the next couple of months do you want to run a round 1 team poll.
We could vote for positions and see how it comes out in the end to announce the Stampede official round 1 predicted team.

Could go something like:
Week 1 : Front row + Hooker
Week 2 : Second row + Lock
Week 3 : Halves
Week 4 : Centers
Week 5 : Wingers + Fullback
Week 6 : Reserves
Could we vote for a preferred team rather than a predicted team. Green has proved his team selections to be boring, predictable and uninspired so I am sure that we can all guess down to one or two positions. Also I think we should wait until we announce the Latrell signing.

CairnsCow

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Could we vote for a preferred team rather than a predicted team. Green has proved his team selections to be boring, predictable and uninspired so I am sure that we can all guess down to one or two positions. Also I think we should wait until we announce the Latrell signing.
Well, yea, if you want to call it preferred team, that'l do .. it would just be round 1 team as voted by Stampede, it would be interesting to see where we would differ.

Blow by Blow

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Week 1 : Fullback (Cowboys.com.au is going the other way)

Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (0)
A product of the Cowboys Academy program, Tabuai-Fidow has been promoted to the Cowboys top squad for the 2020 season. A 2019 Australian Schoolboys representative, Tabuai-Fidow can also play wing and centre, but has worn the No.1 for the majority of his junior career. The 18-year-old Cairns product scored 13 tries in six Mal Meninga Cup games in 2019.
Scott Drinkwater (11)
A mid-season arrival in 2019, Drinkwater immediately provided an attacking spark to the Cowboys backline. The 22-year-old scored tries in three of his first four games and averaged 124 running metres and three tackle-breaks across his 10 appearances.
Valentine Holmes (105)
The proud Townsville boy returns home after a 12-month stint in the NFL with the New York Jets. Holmes burst on to the scene as a winger with the Cronulla Sharks, but moved to fullback during the 2018 season and scored a remarkable 22 tries in just 26 games. Holmes arrives at the Cowboys with 13 appearances for the Kangaroos and five State of Origin games for Queensland on his resume.

What's the plan ? Cairns Cow - Do you wanna start an extra thread each week and then compile the votes at the end?

I vote Valentine for starting full back

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Week 1 : Fullback (Cowboys.com.au is going the other way)

Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (0) 3rd CHOICE
A product of the Cowboys Academy program, Tabuai-Fidow has been promoted to the Cowboys top squad for the 2020 season. A 2019 Australian Schoolboys representative, Tabuai-Fidow can also play wing and centre, but has worn the No.1 for the majority of his junior career. The 18-year-old Cairns product scored 13 tries in six Mal Meninga Cup games in 2019.
Scott Drinkwater (11) 2nd CHOICE
A mid-season arrival in 2019, Drinkwater immediately provided an attacking spark to the Cowboys backline. The 22-year-old scored tries in three of his first four games and averaged 124 running metres and three tackle-breaks across his 10 appearances.
Valentine Holmes (105) 1st CHOICE
The proud Townsville boy returns home after a 12-month stint in the NFL with the New York Jets. Holmes burst on to the scene as a winger with the Cronulla Sharks, but moved to fullback during the 2018 season and scored a remarkable 22 tries in just 26 games. Holmes arrives at the Cowboys with 13 appearances for the Kangaroos and five State of Origin games for Queensland on his resume.

What's the plan ? Cairns Cow - Do you wanna start an extra thread each week and then compile the votes at the end?

I vote Valentine for starting full back
That's how I see it playing out..

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Predicted:
1 Val Holmes
2 Kyle Feldt
3 Esan Marsters
4 Justin O'Neill
5 Ben Hampton
6 Scott Drinkwater
7 Michael Morgan (c)
8 Josh McGuire
9 Jake Granville
10 Jordan McLean
11 Gavin Cooper
12 Shane Wright
13 Jason Taumalolo

14 Reece Robson
15 John Asiata
16 Francis Molo
17 Coen Hess

My Side:
1 Val Holmes
2 Kyle Feldt
3 Tom Opacic
4 Esan Marsters
5 Justin O'Neill
6 Jake Clifford
7 Michael Morgan
8 Josh McGuire
9 Reece Robson
10 Jordan McLean
11 Gavin Cooper (c)
12 Jason Taumalolo
13 John Asiata

14 Jake Granville
15 Francis Molo
16 Coen Hess
17 Peter Hola

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I'm back at work on Thursday - happy to set up a couple of polls for:

1. Predicted round 1 team
2. Preferred round 1 team

Feel free to jump in early if anyone wants to do it before Thursday.

Charlie124

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Predicted:

1. Val Holmes
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Tom Opacic
4. Esan Marsters
5. Justin O'Neill
6. Scott Drinkwater
7. Michael Morgan
8. Josh McGuire
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McClean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Shane Wright
13. Jason Taumalolo

14. John Asiata
15. Coen Hess
16. Francis Molo
17. Peter Hola

Only real change I'd make for my preferred lineup is Robson in for Granville.

Grassfed

Junior
Reaction score
Predicted:

1. Val Holmes
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Tom Opacic
4. Esan Marsters
5. Justin O'Neill
6. Scott Drinkwater
7. Michael Morgan
8. Josh McGuire
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McClean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Shane Wright
13. Jason Taumalolo

14. John Asiata
15. Coen Hess
16. Francis Molo
17. Peter Hola

Only real change I'd make for my preferred lineup is Robson in for Granville.
Very close imo. Starting with granny and transition to robson through injury/form etc would keep stability in the fwds early on but if he keeps throwing backward high floaters to the receivers a quicker change might be on the cards.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Very close imo. Starting with granny and transition to robson through injury/form etc would keep stability in the fwds early on but if he keeps throwing backward high floaters to the receivers a quicker change might be on the cards.
Robson has a lot to prove. He’s only played 4 more games of first grade than Cotter.

People are just assuming that he is going to be the starting hooker for us down he track. What if Cotter is actually the better player?

Grassfed

Junior
Reaction score
Robson has a lot to prove. He’s only played 4 more games of first grade than Cotter.

People are just assuming that he is going to be the starting hooker for us down he track. What if Cotter is actually the better player?
What if cliffy or tmm make a better hkr. Can of worms but there is no chatter about Cotter and we paid fair coin for Robson. Looks most likely but wasn't overly impressed with his attacking prowess but in fairness the drags didn't look to involve him too much as they knew he was headed for greener pastures

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Robson played the same role as Brandon Smith, BS always stood out when he comes on the field..None of that with Robson.
Don't know much about him, we'll see.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Would it be better for the club, if Robson and Cotter are our hooking pair?
Would an injury to Granville be a bid?