Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

SOO 2020

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Looks like Kyle Feldt's odds are shortening to be in the team. Gagai replaced by Rocket last weekend. Oates dropped by Broncos this weekend.

Long way to go of course, form could change and others may emerge through the year.

Reactions: BDR

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I hope Oates was out of the running long before this weekend. He has been in dire form.

This is the year for Feldty. Val should have one wing spot, the other wing and centre positions are up for grabs IMO. There are a few guys pressing their case but Feldt has the inside track if he keeps up his form.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
You'd hate to feel for Jake Friend if injury prevented him from playing origin again.

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
You'd hate to feel for Jake Friend if injury prevented him from playing origin again.
Harry Grant looks the goods, he has great game sense. I think he is QLDs future hooker.

Friend is quality but is a bit old to start bedding the team around. He will probably play this year if fit but we need to start considering the future.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Harry Grant looks the goods, he has great game sense. I think he is QLDs future hooker.

Friend is quality but is a bit old to start bedding the team around. He will probably play this year if fit but we need to start considering the future.
Reed Mahoney is also a Queenslander.

But Jake Friend is clearly the deserving one at this stage. He has three premierships to his name, and is killing it under the news rules.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Possibility-Hammer plays the rest of the season, plays like Martin Offiah, the gps clocks him as the fastest man in league, after he finally lets loose. Hype. Hammer vs JAC....Coach Walters could make it happen.
Folau played for Australia at the end of his debut season-SOO will be like that for Hammer this year.
Outside chance of Hammer ruining Feldts fairytale, like Coops got

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Possibility-Hammer plays the rest of the season, plays like Martin Offiah, the gps clocks him as the fastest man in league, after he finally lets loose. Hype. Hammer vs JAC....Coach Walters could make it happen.
Folau played for Australia at the end of his debut season-SOO will be like that for Hammer this year.
Outside chance of Hammer ruining Feldts fairytale, like Coops got
I don't see Hammer in origin this year, no matter how good he goes.

I think Folau (and Inglis) had a bit more size on them at the same age.

Hammer will be alright in the next year or two when he fills out a bit (hopefully without losing any pace).

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score

Harry Grant will probably play Origin this year to be honest. Especially if he stays prominent in the media by getting Dally M points (second to Taumalolo at this point).

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don't see Hammer in origin this year, no matter how good he goes.

I think Folau (and Inglis) had a bit more size on them at the same age.

Hammer will be alright in the next year or two when he fills out a bit (hopefully without losing any pace).
Hammer is as big as JAC....longshot of happening.

Who.else will take Feldts spot? Holmes has one wing

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Harry Grant will probably play Origin this year to be honest. Especially if he stays prominent in the media by getting Dally M points (second to Taumalolo at this point).
At the expense of Jake Friend?

A spine of Friend, Cherry-Evans, Munster and Ponga is pretty good and experienced.

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hammer is as big as JAC....longshot of happening.

Who.else will take Feldts spot? Holmes has one wing
Phillip Sami is having a good year considering how bad the Titans are, he was in the pre-season training squad. Could also see them playing Gagai on the wing but he is struggling desperately at NRL level this year.

But it is Feldt's jersey to lose IMO

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Most likely scenario is Gagai getting at least 2 or 3 games of footy and that will be enough for him to retain wing for first game

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Phillip Sami is having a good year considering how bad the Titans are, he was in the pre-season training squad. Could also see them playing Gagai on the wing but he is struggling desperately at NRL level this year.

But it is Feldt's jersey to lose IMO
I still won't be confident of Feldt being picked until Kevin Walters does it.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on QLD's chances if all three QLD clubs aren't in the finals, which is looking very likely?

We have a 5 and half week break between the last round and Origin 1.

Thats a long time for guys to be training without game time. Maybe, they need to organise a exhibition match? QLD City v Country?

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on QLD's chances if all three QLD clubs aren't in the finals, which is looking very likely?

Thats a long time for guys to be training without game time. Maybe, they need to organise a exhibition match? QLD City v Country?
I don't think it's a massive issue - our presumed spine (Ponga, DCE, Munster & Friend) dont play for QLD clubs and should all make the finals - maybe Manly aside. The origin side isn't as dependant on the Broncos and Cowboys anymore.

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Blues have a very good chance of a clean sweep.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don't think it's a massive issue - our presumed spine (Ponga, DCE, Munster & Friend) dont play for QLD clubs and should all make the finals - maybe Manly aside. The origin side isn't as dependant on the Broncos and Cowboys anymore.
A chance that some of those sides, Newie and Manly, might be out in the first week though?