Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Should Napoli be banned?

Should Napoli be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Napoli

Sent Off
Reaction score
Are you sure its brought more members. It doesn't seem that way to me but then again you are the moderator so you would know. Perhaps its brought less members with more aliases.
Dude we won the Premiership in a popular national competition. That win attracted more fans and more members on here.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Does Napoli annoy me? Yes, most of the time. But I can't justify supporting a banning just because I find someone annoying. I can only hope he grows out of it.

I vaguely remember a time when I think it was Jhack that was the annoying one on here, but he's managed to clean up his act massively and is now (in my eyes) a decent member of this site. Hopefully, Napoli can have that same transformation.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Jhack is a young bloke, and has one account only.
And I have no idea what Napoli is outside of this forum. He could be a 10 year old for all i know. He might even be a grumpy 80 year old.

And to be fair on his "multiple accounts", I thought it was pretty well known from very early on that the JCF account was him with a different name. I always assumed he'd just had a name change. And I'll trust dream when he says the other accounts claimed to be him, aren't.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Jhack is young and up to mischief, always the accuser...definitely has multiple accounts

NSW_Cowboy

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Paulo is JHack?

I get sick of the disrespect shown to other members, players, and coaches. Naps doesn't seem to accept other people's opinions and just continues to whinge about 'player A' not getting a fair go. State your opinion and leave it at that, we don't need it consistently rammed down our throats.. this isn't a church.

Still not in favour of banning.. The trolling just gets annoying.

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Does Napoli annoy me? Yes, most of the time. But I can't justify supporting a banning just because I find someone annoying. I can only hope he grows out of it.

I vaguely remember a time when I think it was Jhack that was the annoying one on here, but he's managed to clean up his act massively and is now (in my eyes) a decent member of this site. Hopefully, Napoli can have that same transformation.
Well I was only 14/15 when I first signed up here :laugh:

#CowboyDavid

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think Napoli got the message to settle a little. Now lets focus on the footy and going back to back.

QLDer

Junior
Reaction score
Jhack I'm sorry for being a bit of an assh*le to you years back. I didn't realize how young you were.

As for banning Napoli, the sole reason I hardly ever come on anymore is because of blokes like him and JCF. So yes.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Why do people always want to change someone who's a little different into a conformist? We're all a little different, just accept the differences and move on. We all grow that way.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Why do people always want to change someone who's a little different into a conformist? We're all a little different, just accept the differences and move on. We all grow that way.
Maybe it's just me but I'll always speak up when someone is blatantly lying.

Almost no-one on here has an issue with different opinions.

This place used to be a lone place of sanity on the turd bowl that is the internet.

I'm happy to have a place to discuss the game day stuff and will always use that part of forum.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Well I was only 14/15 when I first signed up here :laugh:
I think Napoli got the message to settle a little. Now lets focus on the footy and going back to back.
You'd hope so. He has been suspended before and did not appear to change in any way when he returned. He also promised to leave and returned in the same day to launch a freedom campaign.

The guy needs to man up when his scoops are wrong (even though he was arrogant only he knew). And he needs to stop flogging the horse over his personal favourites not being picked. Greeny is not perfect, but he is the best coach we've ever had, and a little respect alongside criticism would go a long way.

Jamamio

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If you guys don't like what Napoli posts, why don't you just add him to your ignore list?

I knew it was our turn

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Well that’s me done with this forum. Thanks to Dream for being decent and having a go. I don’t know much about the net but I think your being misguided in your belief that some people haven’t got multiple aliases. I accept that you think you know.

Jordan you seem to want this forum to be like the one you use for MMA and by your actions as a moderator you will certainly get there.

To JCF, Napoli, FFS and other aliases. You are a total wanker mate but saying that wont have any affect on you. You even liked someone who said you were a few kangaroos short in the top paddock. If someone said that to me I would at least have a bit of a look at myself. You have almost destroyed this forum with your deliberate trolling under various aliases.

However I have to admit that even when you take out your two votes there were still five people who want to let you carry on. Well two of those were called Mary Mudcrab and Milligna and are not regular posters but did put in an appearance for this vote.

On the other hand their were 19 people who wanted something done to stop you destroying the forum. Eight wanted you banned and 11 want the moderators to do something else. I just know that somehow your will either claim you got your mandate to continue or maybe you will put up a post saying your sorry and you get the message, but within no time you will be back to abnormal.

I can’t be bothered watching or wadding through pages of the same posts of unmitigated crap in the hope of getting a thought provoking or humorous post from a genuine poster. I accept that people like Willow, Paddy, Jhack, Ian C, Qlder and Ozzy Scott will either post less or not post at all and we will be left with the drivel.

I am obviously the odd one out here so I will stop posting. If I miss debate on here I will wander into the Upper Ross Pub at 9.30pm on a Tuesday night and I should get about the same depth of discussion. Actually that’s not really true as there are still a few regulars I will miss such as Josh, Cowboy4Life, Dream, Butch and Beaves.

See Napoli, watch how its done. You say something and stick to your word. I will Lurk every once in a while just in case things improve in the future. I went to the hill for the first game and I went to the winning Grand Final and a fair bit of life happened in between. Cheers

fanfromsingapore

F
Well that’s me done with this forum. Thanks to Dream for being decent and having a go. I don’t know much about the net but I think your being misguided in your belief that some people haven’t got multiple aliases. I accept that you think you know.

Jordan you seem to want this forum to be like the one you use for MMA and by your actions as a moderator you will certainly get there.

To JCF, Napoli, FFS and other aliases. You are a total wanker mate but saying that wont have any affect on you. You even liked someone who said you were a few kangaroos short in the top paddock. If someone said that to me I would at least have a bit of a look at myself. You have almost destroyed this forum with your deliberate trolling under various aliases.

However I have to admit that even when you take out your two votes there were still five people who want to let you carry on. Well two of those were called Mary Mudcrab and Milligna and are not regular posters but did put in an appearance for this vote.

On the other hand their were 19 people who wanted something done to stop you destroying the forum. Eight wanted you banned and 11 want the moderators to do something else. I just know that somehow your will either claim you got your mandate to continue or maybe you will put up a post saying your sorry and you get the message, but within no time you will be back to abnormal.

I can’t be bothered watching or wadding through pages of the same posts of unmitigated crap in the hope of getting a thought provoking or humorous post from a genuine poster. I accept that people like Willow, Paddy, Jhack, Ian C, Qlder and Ozzy Scott will either post less or not post at all and we will be left with the drivel.

I am obviously the odd one out here so I will stop posting. If I miss debate on here I will wander into the Upper Ross Pub at 9.30pm on a Tuesday night and I should get about the same depth of discussion. Actually that’s not really true as there are still a few regulars I will miss such as Josh, Cowboy4Life, Dream, Butch and Beaves.

See Napoli, watch how its done. You say something and stick to your word. I will Lurk every once in a while just in case things improve in the future. I went to the hill for the first game and I went to the winning Grand Final and a fair bit of life happened in between. Cheers
The crazy thing is I have no idea who Napoli or JCF are.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Geez, get off your high horse mate. Some of you take this way too seriously. Sure Napoli can get a little over exuberant sometimes with his posts at times. He has some opinions which are different to others and sometimes may go a bit far in trying to express them. But hey, this is the ****ing internet.

A few months ago, half of the forum wanted Ponga to be blooded this year. I was one of them. Everyone has since cooled on the idea so it's no longer a popular opinion. Napoli brings it up and he's apparently trolling. You may not agree with what he says but he's entitled to his opinion. I agree that he should tone it down a bit at times, however nothing he has done deserves a permanent ban from the forum IMO.

Not everyone here is a model poster anyways. A few weeks ago some people were making multiple posts in a row (sometimes up to 5 or 6) without anyone replying in between. That annoyed me more than anything Napoli ever did. We even installed a mod to stop it over-saturating the forum.

Let's just move on and start talking about our football team. After all, they're not going too bad.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score

You've gone off half cocked, we're using this thread to get feedback, I've been looking at some measures to put into place to make things better based on the feedback.

I think you're being a bit paranoid and misguided, one of the posters you seem to be inferring is an alias is a long term member (10+ years) and is a former moderator, many people have met them in person.

I'm a web designer and developer and do some admin of a large Australian server, I've been doing this stuff for almost 20 years and I manage 30+ sites, I know what I'm doing, I'm not just a punter fumbling my way through this.

You show a lack of understanding of how the internet works and a lack of experience in online communities, it's a slippery slope to ban people based on suspicion. If we banned napoli, FFS and paulo, we would have to ban anybody in the future who is slightly eccentric because those posters can just create a new account and continue doing what they are doing. We don't have the budget of facebook or google to set up an sms verification service to ensure every person is unique, it's just not viable.

Every online community I've been on have multiple people like these posters, we're lucky to have so little trouble on here, the internet is a cesspool.

You're a decent poster, I hope you reconsider in the future.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Dream

I just want to add, that what you guys provide here (free of charge I might add) is a fantastic service and has been for many years.

I don't have any issues with yourself or any other moderators.

From what little I know about this stuff, I reckon its a time consuming thankless role.

thurston4pm

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score

It's w@nkers like you that made me lose interest. But you say you're gone, so might be time for me to come back. The way you talk reminds me of a corrupt union knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.