Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Should Napoli be banned?

Should Napoli be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Napoli has a habit of throwing the forum into disarray repeatedly with his posts and many people have stated that they don't post any more because of him.

Where do you stand?

This is by no means binding, I'm just gauging the thoughts of the people and encouraging an open discussion.

Please try to keep it civil.

Napoli

Sent Off
Reaction score
I'll happily accept the views of my fellow Cowboys fans. I respect their views a lot. But if I gain majority support here then my critics should cease their attacks on me - as I will have a mandate.

I think it will be a bad look for North Queensland if some folks try to silence opinions that differ from their own. No different to the tactics of a totalitarian state.

Last edited:

I knew it was our turn

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Actually I went off early and thought it was either / or. I would actually like the mods to use a sin bin for repeat offenders.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll happily accept the views of my fellow Cowboys fans. I respect their views a lot. But if I gain majority support here then my critics should cease their attacks on me - as I will have a mandate.

I think it will be a bad look for North Queensland if some folks try to silence opinions that differ from their own.
That's the dizzy limit. I now understand that you don't even understand what it is about you that so pisses of the normal folk.

Napoli

Sent Off
Reaction score
Actually I went off early and thought it was either / or. I would actually like the mods to use a sin bin for repeat offenders.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the dizzy limit. I now understand that you don't even understand what it is about you that so pisses of the normal folk.
It's very arrogant of you to think you speak for all other users on here. You should respect their right to vote however they want. I am a supporter of free speech and open discussion. Ultimately I will accept the decision of my fellow Cowboys fans in this poll - a group who I ultimately have the utmost respect for, as they support the right NRL team and hail from a salt of the earth region.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don't always agree with Napolis views, but his heart seems to be in the right place-Good heart these days is hard to locate
There is another poster that really does my head in most of the time...but it's all good

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think we should just chill out on the drama. Napoli had a fit yesterday because he got exposed but most of the time is is a pretty normal (albeit abraisive and annoying) poster.

Napoli

Sent Off
Reaction score
I think we should just chill out on the drama. Napoli had a fit yesterday because he got exposed but most of the time is is a pretty normal (albeit abraisive and annoying) poster.
Thanks for the vote of confidence BDR. I have always respected your views even though we clash from time to time. I enjoy the debate and robust discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't always agree with Napolis views, but his heart seems to be in the right place-Good heart these days is hard to locate
There is another poster that really does my head in most of the time...but it's all good
Thanks Paulo. You are an astute judge of football. I enjoy reading your thoughts on here.

Beryl AU

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
He has a different view to others, and maybe an unreliable source. That doesn't really warrant a ban in my opinion.

Napoli

Sent Off
Reaction score
He has a different view to others, and maybe an unreliable source. That doesn't really warrant a ban in my opinion.
Thanks Beryl. I enjoy reading your views on here. You always bring a unique perspective to the discussions on here.

And it's true. My source's mail has been awful at times. He does sponsor the Cowboys but he has a poor strike rate I have to admit.

Last edited:

#CowboyDavid

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
As a one time moderator on this site, I often received requests for certain people to be banned, sometimes for good reason but at other times it was just because they had conflicting opinions.

This is a site for Cowboys supporters and all Cowboys supporters are entitled to their opinion. It'd be a sad day if we started shutting people out simply because they have a different opinion to others.

Napoli

Sent Off
Reaction score
As a one time moderator on this site, I often received requests for certain people to be banned, sometimes for good reason but at other times it was just because they had conflicting opinions.

This is a site for Cowboys supporters and all Cowboys supporters are entitled to their opinion. It'd be a sad day if we started shutting people out simply because they have a different opinion to others.
Thanks for the support #CowboyDavid. I enjoy reading your thoughts on here. They are always interesting and well-considered.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Vote 'No' to should Napoli be banned - 'A Cowboys fan ... just like you'.

Napoli

Sent Off
Reaction score
Vote yes to banning me if you hate free speech and open debate and want this place to be oppressive.

Vote no to banning me if you think the main online discussion forum of the Cowboys should be a place of open debate and discussion where everyone can express their opinion.

--

Napoli welcomes every Cowboys fan to this discussion forum and thinks everyone is entitled to their opinion. Napoli would never try and censor debate and discussion.

Last edited:

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Napoli's opinions are very different to mine, but that doesn't mean that I wish to stop him expressing them.

What I do have a problem with is the derailing of just about every thread to express those opinions. It ruins the experience of coming on here.

marymudcrab

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Lurker here, I think we can all agree that Napoli is a giant mong. But being a mong hardly warrants a suspension, as someone said in the other thread if his/her opinions annoy someone put them on ignore. I personally enjoy it, this place gets so dull when there's no resident mong.

As for people staying away because of someones opinions, that's ridiculous. They need to get a grip and stop being big babies.

Edit: Maybe dildo is a better word to describe the great man?

Last edited:

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Vote yes to banning me if you hate free speech and open debate and want this place to be oppressive.

Vote no to banning me if you think the main online discussion forum of the Cowboys should be a place of open debate and discussion where everyone can express their opinion.

--

Napoli welcomes every Cowboys fan to this discussion forum and thinks everyone is entitled to their opinion. Napoli would never try and censor debate and discussion.
You really adore the fact that there has been a thread made about you. Mate just be a normal person. This is a Cowboys forum not a Napoli cult of personality.

I don't want you banned but you have serious problems and I totally understand why the mods and other members want you gone.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

--

You deserve a lifetime ban just for this post

Status
Not open for further replies.