Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Rubbish Tip

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Just because a word usage is redundant doesn’t mean it can’t be used. We still say Gold Coast Titans.

Eaglestreetcowboy

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
I liked libellous. Nice little pre 1847 throwback.

I agree with you that you're not going to find libellous in a statement of claim anytime soon (well not one that will withstand a strike out in any case) but i think everyone understood what BDR meant. Which was what I was trying to say.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I don't believe Port Arthur did not occur. But I do believe something very sinister is going on in the world right now with the coronavirus. Most of the world are sheep (in spite of thinking they are smart for regurgitating what the mainstream media tells them to think).
Vacuous, vapid white noise.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Joshpryor87 said:
I don't believe Port Arthur did not occur. But I do believe something very sinister is going on in the world right now with the coronavirus. Most of the world are sheep (in spite of thinking they are smart for regurgitating what the mainstream media tells them to think).
Re mainstream media tells them what to think; I like to watch alot of different media outlets. What I have noticed on the comments section of each news outlet is-that the majority of commenters do actually copy what they have seen from that news outlet.
I have read in the past that 95% of people will watch the news and just believe what they have watched, not many people will check to see if what is said is correct (fair enough we are pressed for time)
Retractions for wrongly reported news aren’t good enough.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I've just asked 3 'real' questions and this deflection and failure to engage was your response.
Almost as if you don't have answers and rather than admit the holes in your stance, you decided to ignore it and hope nobody would notice if you changed the subject.
Joshpryor87 will answer any of your questions-he is the best debater on forum.
You are showing promise BP, but you have to prove u r better than JP87

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I'm sure he's absolutely delighted at your dewy-eyed show of faith.

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
He is so good he can take 50 -100 at a time..........he is a mass-debater

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Re mainstream media tells them what to think; I like to watch alot of different media outlets. What I have noticed on the comments section of each news outlet is-that the majority of commenters do actually copy what they have seen from that news outlet.
I have read in the past that 95% of people will watch the news and just believe what they have watched, not many people will check to see if what is said is correct (fair enough we are pressed for time)
Retractions for wrongly reported news aren’t good enough.
The mainstream media will vilify those who think outside the box as radical, stupid, conspiracy theorists etc. They will convince the majority who accept them that they are intellectual, wise and popular as they have the numbers on their side. They convince people democracy is great because the majority have come to consensus, even though the majority have done what the media have told them to do without questioning it (hence there is no true democracy anyway).

They will also use divide and conquer politics, making us concentrate on hating the opposite ideology, even though the mainstream left and mainstream right are funded by the exact same people. They use false flags constantly to get the electorate to accept events that undermine our civil liberties, and rob us of our acquired wealth.

Last edited:

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The mainstream media will vilify those who think outside the box as radical, stupid, conspiracy theorists etc. They will also use divide and conquer politics, making us concentrate on hating the left (if we are right), and hating the right (if we are left). Never mind, the mainstream left and mainstream right are both funded by the exact same elite.
Well look at Cartwright-I think he expressed his view on not wanting to take vax well enough-he’s labelled with the slur term anti vaxxer.
Then you have Clint Gutherson fronting the media, looking like a deadset drone, with his opinion. Not called a pro vaxxer.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Well look at Cartwright-I think he expressed his view on not wanting to take vax well enough-he’s labelled with the slur term anti vaxxer.
Then you have Clint Gutherson fronting the media, looking like a deadset drone, with his opinion. Not called a pro vaxxer.
Neither major Australian political party stands up for our freedoms anymore. They are both slaves to the elite corporate dollar that funds them both, and want to further decimate our ability to have freedoms by vilifying anybody who stands up for their rights as a murderous poisonous threat to the community.

We should change our national anthem because Australia is no longer a free country.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Neither major Australian political party stands up for our freedoms anymore. They are both slaves to the elite corporate dollar that funds them both, and want to further decimate our ability to have freedoms by vilifying anybody who stands up for their rights as a murderous poisonous threat to the community.

We should change our national anthem because Australia is no longer a free country.
Very uncertain times ahead I feel.

I may have to “learn to code” :cool:

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He identifies as an anti-vaxxer along with his Mrs.

I couldn't care less if he gets the flu shot though. It's all just to appease the government so the sport gets the green light to go ahead.

He got his way in the end.