Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Rubbish Tip

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Well, apart from being a particularly nice chap, I have been reliably informed that on the odd occasion, which occurs, out of the blue, for no apparent reason to be totally objectionable.

I think it might be from a recessive gene I inherited from a distant Irish relative who I am sure created havoc to the British in those dark gloomy days of British Rule.

That is my opinion, if you do not like it, well I have others.

Yours faithfully.

Pete

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Well, apart from being a particularly nice chap, I have been reliably informed that on the odd occasion, which occurs, out of the blue, for no apparent reason to be totally objectionable.

I think it might be from a recessive gene I inherited from a distant Irish relative who I am sure created havoc to the British in those dark gloomy days of British Rule.

That is my opinion, if you do not like it, well I have others.

Yours faithfully.

Pete
It helps in the interview if you refer to the large chip on your shoulder.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Not many players were affected, Granville and 1 other perhaps...some of the boys got to be heroes and rescue ppl.
Flood was good for most ppl-really was..$1,000+ from government..my gf was badly affected at the time, but has come out the other side way better off financially from insurance etc.

At the time of the flood, you’d think at that time, the boys would already be near the fitness required to start round 1

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Not many players were affected, Granville and 1 other perhaps...some of the boys got to be heroes and rescue ppl.
Flood was good for most ppl-really was..$1,000+ from government..my gf was badly affected at the time, but has come out the other side way better off financially from insurance etc.

At the time of the flood, you’d think at that time, the boys would already be near the fitness required to start round 1
The flood was good for most ppl.......are you kidding??? Of a long list of moronic statements, that is your best. A significant number of people have been devastated by what happened and many are not over it. The rates of DV and mental health issues skyrocketed in Townsville and it’s not getting better any time soon.

What an idiotic, ignorant thing to say.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score

I find this comment completely insensitive.

You are a dead set goose. I really question your intelligence and your integrity.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The flood was good for most ppl.......are you kidding??? Of a long list of moronic statements, that is your best. A significant number of people have been devastated by what happened and many are not over it. The rates of DV and mental health issues skyrocketed in Townsville and it’s not getting better any time soon.

The guy is a grade A idiot, and clearly on the spectrum,let's be fair.

Last edited:

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

I live in Townsville.
Most people were unaffected and got over $1000...there was a bigger crowd at the dam to watch the water release, than watch a Cowboys game-true, I went and watched too. People love wild weather in NQld.
Like I said my gf was badly affected,her place is still not 100%, but big insurance payout, worked out great.
The event was good for most people, of course it sucked for some. Like I said, even if you weren’t affected by the flood you got over $1000-people were happy about it.

Just offering a lived experience opinion of the event and the effect it had on the town-not what the media said it to be.

*Ianc can you pm me the numbers on DV, mental health issues, before and after the flood.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I live in Townsville.
Most people were unaffected and got over $1000...there was a bigger crowd at the dam to watch the water release, than watch a Cowboys game-true, I went and watched too. People love wild weather in NQld.
Like I said my gf was badly affected,her place is still not 100%, but big insurance payout, worked out great.
The event was good for most people, of course it sucked for some. Like I said, even if you weren’t affected by the flood you got over $1000-people were happy about it.

Just offering a lived experience opinion of the event and the effect it had on the town-not what the media said it to be.

*Ianc can you pm me the numbers on DV, mental health issues, before and after the flood.
I enjoyed this perspective on Townsville and the floods.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Yep, you guys needs to read what's said with intent to understand it.
"The flood was good for most people." Firing up at that is reactionary, vacuous and self-righteous; smacking precisely of the tragic human condition that leads us the exploit any opportunity to be twats to oneanother if we think we have the moral high ground.
I didn't need the obvious explanation that most people were not affected and got $1000, but now that it's been made, I'd expect some contrition, albeit privately, I suspect. Those given to this anti-social behaviour seem to be able to dish it but not take it.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
"The flood was good for most people." Firing up at that is reactionary, vacuous and self-righteous; smacking precisely of the tragic human condition that leads us the exploit any opportunity to be twats to oneanother if we think we have the moral high ground.
I didn't need the obvious explanation that most people were not affected and got $1000, but now that it's been made, I'd expect some contrition, albeit privately, I suspect. Those given to this anti-social behaviour seem to be able to dish it but not take it.
No amount of rereading that statement diminishes it's moronic nature.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Huh?

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I live in Townsville.

Have you been working with any of these people in any sort of capacity? No more Paulo, you're way off the mark mate. That's my last word.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I’m glad this f***ing rubbish got sent to where it deserves, why the f*** the mods let that ass muppet back into these boards I’ll never know.......