Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Rubbish Tip

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Nah man. You know there is a difference between sharing an opinion and always arguing to the last degree. What are you hoping to achieve? Unanimous agreeance to your point of view? Not going to happen. Why not share your point of view and then stand back and let others have their say? No one will forget your view.
I am replying to people who are conversing with me. Should we all just ignore people who reply to us? I’m not preventing, or discouraging anybody from voicing their opinion here on this topic. People don’t like my views/don’t agree on this particular topic therefore aim to discredit with the goal of silencing me.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
It's not your opinions that are the problem. It's the fact that your attitude is thoroughly objectionable.

And I'm no part of a clique. I've been here five minutes and knew you were a problem.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
It's not your opinions that are the problem. It's the fact that your attitude is thoroughly objectionable.

And I'm no part of a clique. I've been here five minutes and knew you were a problem.
No. It is my opinions that are aren’t widely agreed upon that people have issues with. Plenty of people are amicable and pleasant enough during game day discussions when I offer my thoughts that are generally echoed throughout the forum.

It’s only when controversial opinions (this discussion, the discussion about the new stadium and prospective new entertainment centre) that the majority disagree with that people turn ugly and attempt to discredit and silence.

You’ve been here 5 minutes but it only took you 1 to decide to become a part of the flock.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
You're not listening. I'm telling you, I find your attitude thoroughly objectionable. Nothing to do with your opinion.
I tell you exactly how you appear to me and you say, "No." This is part of the problem.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
You're not listening. I'm telling you, I find your attitude thoroughly objectionable. Nothing to do with your opinion.
I tell you exactly how you appear to me and you say, "No." This is part of the problem.
I said no because you’re speaking as if you represent the majority and echo their view point. If my confidence in my opinion and knowledge hurts your feelings then fair enough. I don’t care about your feelings though. If you can’t handle it, you’re more then welcome to pop me on ignore.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Moved a whole heap of posts from the Nene thread to here. Completely de-railed the thread.

You all have to just chill, stop your bickering and just accept that people have differing opinions. There isn't much point in a forum if everyone agrees with eachother, but the going off topic and getting into a slanging match every time there is a disagreement has to stop.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I said no because you’re speaking as if you represent the majority and echo their view point.
That's entirely in your head, because you have to make it seem that way in order to feed your persecution complex. Next thing you'll be saying is, "that's just your opinion," as if you've made a point. In both cases, who do you think is speaking? Of course it's my opinion! Fatuous remark.
If my confidence in my opinion and knowledge hurts your feelings then fair enough. I don’t care about your feelings though. If you can’t handle it, you’re more then welcome to pop me on ignore.
You'll have to quote where I said my feelings were hurt; that's one of the worst Strawman arguments I've ever seen. Again, pure invention.
That entire paragraph was a forum-acceptable way of telling you, now we're in the Rubbish Tip, that I think you're being a total twat. In the Magnetic Island thread, you've been nothing but a mouthy little gobshite who thinks being rude, sarcastic, ignorant and dismissive counts for an argument.

In short; even if you're right, you don't have to be such a prick about making your points.

Last edited:

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
That's entirely in your head, because you have to make it seem that way in order to feed your persecution complex. Next thing you'll be saying is, "that's just your opinion," as if you've made a point. In both cases, who do you think is speaking? Of course it's my opinion! Fatuous remark.

You'll have to quote where I said my feelings were hurt; that's one of the worst Strawman arguments I've ever seen. Again, pure invention.
That entire paragraph was a forum-acceptable way of telling you, now we're in the Rubbish Tip, that I think you're being a total twat. In the Magnetic Island thread, you've been nothing but a mouthy little gobshite who thinks being rude, sarcastic, ignorant and dismissive counts for an argument.

In short; even if you're right, you don't have to be such a prick about making your points.
Again no, you are wrong. My post that you were originally replying to was discussing the general consensus of the forums views on some of my opinions on here. You then took it upon yourself to act as a spokesperson on behalf of the forum, to try and tell me what the problem the clique on here have with my posting. You’ve been called out for it and are now making a poor attempt at backtracking by trying to claim you were only speaking for yourself, when it is clear as day that you weren’t.

All of your posts lambesting my posting style are all formed on the basis of emotion evoked from what I have said. None of it is rational, and it is clear how upset you get, and how I’ve gotten under your skin from all the personal attacks you resort to.

I will not change how I convey my opinions on here because some random girl/guy/ze on the Internet has an inability to keep their emotions in check and lets it get the better of them. It sounds like a you problem, pal.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
He's probably typing one handed, furiously wanking at all the attention he's getting. A troll's biggest fear is being ignored, i suggest you do this.
Contrary to what the clique think, having a difference of opinion on sharing it is not trolling. How do you even function in society?

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
But but but it was a gang of youths who stole his car!

But but but he hasn’t been found guilty of anything!

But but but other players have done worse and had their offences covered up!

But but we can rehabilitate him and change his life!
Hey Jordan, didn't you say to chill and not niggle? I feel like you slapped everyone on the wrist when largely this sort of juvenile shite is from one person. It has nothing to do with opinion, more to do with ramming ones point of view down peoples throats.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Hey Jordan, didn't you say to chill and not niggle? I feel like you slapped everyone on the wrist when largely this sort of juvenile shite is from one person. It has nothing to do with opinion, more to do with ramming ones point of view down peoples throats.
They are all various responses used by many members on this forum that I was highlighting how off the mark they were with the news of Nene’s rumoured sacking.

No need to run to the moderators snitching because you’re salty that my tough stance and presumption of guilt looks to have been justified. If people don’t want to hear my opinion, then either put me on ignore or stop replying to me furthering discussion. Pretty simple stuff I’d have thought.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
I am not defending anyone, opted out and said I would support the clubs decision . I just don't understand the juvenile attitude and the drowning out and why its tolerated. Just because some forums are shit, doesn't mean they all need to go that way. This one is generally good, yes because the majority don't come on here to argue, just be heard and read what others have to say. Pretty normal stuff.

I am not sure where to scroll to. He is involved in or centre of nearly every arguement in here whether there needs to be one or not. Hard to get to the good stuff when you have scroll through dozens of shrill posts from the same people.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Keep the personal and off topic shit here

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
I am not defending anyone, opted out and said I would support the clubs decision . I just don't understand the juvenile attitude and the drowning out and why its tolerated. Just because some forums are shit, doesn't mean they all need to go that way. This one is generally good, yes because the majority don't come on here to argue, just be heard and read what others have to say. Pretty normal stuff.

I am not sure where to scroll to. He is involved in or centre of nearly every arguement in here whether there needs to be one or not. Hard to get to the good stuff when you have scroll through dozens of shrill posts from the same people.
I am not drowning out or preventing anybody to voice their opinion. I encourage discussion, and most of the time I am replying to forumers who are conversing with me.

Many posters have resorted to personal attacks against me from letting my words get the better of them. I barely raise an eyebrow at them as I realise this is an Internet forum and they’re just words from blokes I don’t know that wouldn’t have the backbone to say them in the same setting at a pub over a pint. It’s interesting you ignore all these attacks but decide to label me simply voicing an opinion as juvenile though.

I’ll give you a hand mate. If my words on whatever device you’re reading this gets too much for you, I suggest you head into my profile and hit this bad boy. You no longer get to keep seeing the words that upset you, and the rest of the forum no longer has to keep reading countless posts from soyboys complaining over an opinion they disagree with.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
A bit of common sense doesn’t go astray. Interesting you bring up logic when it has failed you and many on here in this instance.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
"common sense" a phrase created by fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons.
If common sense was a real thing, there'd be no need for the term to exist.
Notice how it's mostly elicited by its perceived absence. How then is it "common"?

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
It’s simple a term used to describe the ability to use sound judgement in a practical manner based on the situation that presents itself.

Evidently it’s common from some to elicit this frequently and for others to not. Sounds like you’ve had yours questioned frequently by others in your life which I’m not all that suprised at. Don’t let it get you down. You’ll get there one day pal.