Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Rubbish Tip

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
No where did I get the understanding their was a qualifier on MPW's claim that Nene should be sacked when it is confirmed he was guilty. I was under the impression that you wanted him gone before that was confirmed.

From there, this conversation went to hell in a handcart.
On what legal grounds could the club sack Nene for this incident without being charged by the police, and found guilty by the court of law?

Unfortunately common sense has not prevailed for some in this discussion. Disappointing that the evergrowing outrage culture and made its way to the North.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
On what legal grounds could the club sack Nene for this incident without being charged by the police, and found guilty by the court of law?

Unfortunately common sense has not prevailed for some in this discussion. Disappointing that the evergrowing outrage culture and made its way to the North.
Judging by the frequency and length of the posts (and certainly those deleted), there seems only one person is outraged the most by the discussions here.

The most outraged people online these days, are those who are so incredibly outraged by the apparent rise in "outrage culture" these days; and it's not even close.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Judging by the frequency and length of the posts (and certainly those deleted), there seems only one person is outraged the most by the discussions here.

The most outraged people online these days, are those who are so incredibly outraged by the apparent rise in "outrage culture" these days; and it's not even close.
No. I gave my opinion on the matter and people started reacting as if I kicked their dog.

Unfortunately common sense isn’t so common these days.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
No. I gave my opinion on the matter and people started reacting as if I kicked their dog.
Let's have a look (general quotes as the thread is locked):
Your very first post on the matter, 3rd post in the thread, before any confirmation of his involvement, let alone conviction:
MPW_Fanboy said:
Said it before, but you don’t flee a crash scene unless you’ve got something to hide. Given the time of the incident, I have absolutely no doubt he was on the piss.

f*** him off immediately. I’ve had a gutful of these flogs who take the position they’re in for granted and have no respect for the club. Can’t say I’m suprised he’s gotten himself into this type of mischief. Has been spending a fair bit of time with some questionable characters down SEQ way during his lay off.
Your second post follows. Again speaking as if you know what happened, no hint of "when there’s confirmation of his involvement in the incident."
MPW_Fanboy said:
Regardless of whether they were given time off or not, it doesn’t sit well with me that a player in rehab is going out and getting walloped on the sauce, let alone driving and writing his car off as well.

If there’s an opportunity we can f*** him off I hope we take it. No player is bigger than the club, and we’ve got to draw the line with what is acceptable and what is not acceptable behaviour, so that it acts as a deterrence in the future (you’d think legal ramifications as well as the possibility of harming others would be enough of a deterrent but clearly not).
3rd Post; still no equivocation:
MPW_Fanboy said:
Ianc said:
I’m glad you are waiting to hear all the facts before you want him out the door.
I think the evidence is pretty damning.
Then there was the head-in-the-sand pic when someone dared suggest that we don't yet know what happened.
Then this:
MPW_Fanboy said:
What do you propose happens to him when he owns up to his actions?

I don’t want people like this at the club. When you show a blatant lack of respect for the club like he has done, than you don’t deserve to pull on the jersey.
Again, you speak as if you know he did it. You can't have known. This is why everyone thinks you're being a numpty.

There's a few more of the same, then this, at 8:27pm Sunday night.
MPW_Fanboy said:
BDR said:
You don't know what happened mate. Stop acting like you do.
It’s pretty damn obvious what’s happened here. Only the blind will tell you otherwise.
At no point up until then had you posted anything like, "when there’s confirmation of his involvement in the incident." quite the opposite in fact. That's the reason you were locked and sanctioned, and a Mod's mis-reading of a late entry arse-saver is no defense.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Let's have a look (general quotes as the thread is locked):
Your very first post on the matter, 3rd post in the thread, before any confirmation of his involvement, let alone conviction:

Your second post follows. Again speaking as if you know what happened, no hint of "when there’s confirmation of his involvement in the incident."

3rd Post; still no equivocation:

Then there was the head-in-the-sand pic when someone dared suggest that we don't yet know what happened.
Then this:

Again, you speak as if you know he did it. You can't have known. This is why everyone thinks you're being a numpty.

There's a few more of the same, then this, at 8:27pm Sunday night.

At no point up until then had you posted anything like, "when there’s confirmation of his involvement in the incident." quite the opposite in fact. That's the reason you were locked and sanctioned, and a Mod's mis-reading of a late entry arse-saver is no defense.
Do I believe he is guilty based on the evidence that has been made public? Yes.

Can the club sack him this instance despite the investigation still being on going and nothing being confirmed yet? No.

Next time I’ll take into consideration the forums lack of common sense and logic, and will make sure to include that I want him sacked once confirmation of his involvement is made public to avoid all of your meltdowns. The assertion of wanting him sacked was made on the presumption of him being guilty and the club announcing as such after a thorough investigation.

I feel dumber for having to break this down multiple times now and it explain it s.l.o.w.l.y to some of you.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Guys, there's no point in feeding the beast. We know where he stands, let's just move on.
This is an Internet forum. There’s going to be diverse points of view on a wide range of topics. Apologies if I have ruined your echo chamber and subjected you to a different opinion to one you’re not normally used to.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Do I believe he is guilty based on the evidence that has been made public? Yes.

Can the club sack him this instance despite the investigation still being on going and nothing being confirmed yet? No.

Next time I’ll take into consideration the forums lack of common sense and logic, and will make sure to include that I want him sacked once confirmation of his involvement is made public to avoid all of your meltdowns. The assertion of wanting him sacked was made on the presumption of him being guilty and the club announcing as such after a thorough investigation.

I feel dumber for having to break this down multiple times now and it explain it s.l.o.w.l.y to some of you.
Poor chap. Not a good dissembler.

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Is that really your defence you’re running with? That the judicial process has yet to play its course and the inevitable guilty verdict of what sounds like an array of offences is yet to happen?
I don't see an answer to my question.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Give it a rest, jesus. You have been banging this drum for over a week now. You are not obliged to respond to every post in this thread to re-state your opinion. It has been made clear.
This is a forum. If I want to respond to a question that is quite clearly posed to me, then I’m well within my right to. Everyone else is fine to reiterate their point to me, but you only have issue with when I do it. Stop trying to prevent discourse.

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think I have all the clues I need.

I'm heading to the Billiard Room to make my allegation.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
but you only have issue with when I do it.
So either a bunch of strangers turned up and decided to pile onto someone because of who they are, even though they don't know who they are; or,
The object of their opprobrium has opted on objectionable observations of others.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
So either a bunch of strangers turned up and decided to pile onto someone because of who they are, even though they don't know who they are; or,
The object of their opprobrium has opted on objectionable observations of others.
This forum has strong form and is notorious for silencing, and outing people that have unpopular and sometimes controversial opinions. Lambasting my opinions and thoughts is the new flavour of the month as decided by the forum clique. I’m completely fine with that, but don’t criticise me for responding to posts that are directed at me.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
This is a forum. If I want to respond to a question that is quite clearly posed to me, then I’m well within my right to. Everyone else is fine to reiterate their point to me, but you only have issue with when I do it. Stop trying to prevent discourse.
Are you able to explain your position again? Perhaps, using slightly different wording.

Jax

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Are you able to explain your position again? Perhaps, using slightly different wording.
Post of the year.

Along with the cautionary tales of an egging gone wrong......

Eggs don't kill people,.....

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Considering you’re an alias of a former member who was pushed out of this forum for having alternative opinions and not being a part of the forum clique, it is surprising to say the least to see your smart alec response.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
This forum has strong form and is notorious for silencing, and outing people that have unpopular and sometimes controversial opinions. Lambasting my opinions and thoughts is the new flavour of the month as decided by the forum clique. I’m completely fine with that, but don’t criticise me for responding to posts that are directed at me.
Nah man. You know there is a difference between sharing an opinion and always arguing to the last degree. What are you hoping to achieve? Unanimous agreeance to your point of view? Not going to happen. Why not share your point of view and then stand back and let others have their say? No one will forget your view.