Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Retention. It’s time for the cowboys to come clean.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Yeah, you did and I assumed you meant these. Iguess there are more, but your posts are full of lies.

I've mentioned it, more lies. You are struggling

I'm a hypocrite???
I'm not speculating with Martin's contract. It was reported multiple times we picked him up only having to pay 50k first season Panthers payed the rest. I even remember reading it on here aswell. Look it up.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/how-johnathan-thurston-cost-the-cowboys-te-marie-martins-signature/news-story/6193857f26e645195906c96c3491b173
The club is only paying $50,000 towards his salary this season with Penrith covering the rest of the 21-year-olds wage.
You are really bad at this aren't you??
Not once have I lied about anything you dolt. All I have spoken are facts. Considering you clearly didn’t even read the post, your instant dismissal and resort to calling them lies is comical. How you apologise on behalf of the club and interpret them is completely up to you. We paid 50K for half a season essentially. He’s still on our books and we’re paying his full contract. Given he’s essentially a mirror image of what Hughes can cover on the field, it’s been an absolute cock up by the club letting Hughes go and then bringing in TMM almost straight after.

I do actually agree with some points. I tell you what, I'll throw out one of your pearls of wisdom. If we haven't had the amount of injuries this season, we'd be in the top 8. Even half the injuries. But that's alot of what ifs.
That’s your opinion. In no way is it right or wrong. I prefer to ignore hypotheticals and look at the facts, but hey that’s just me.

I actually had to look up what an apologist was.. Hah Why wouldn't I defend the club. You've got such a narrow opinion about this and struggle when questioned about it. Mate I've caught you out multiple times here. Give it a rest....
Narrow opinion? The club has essentially had 3 poor seasons in a row now and I am analysing where we have gone wrong and how I think the club can improve. An inability to handle and take on board constructive criticism makes it very difficult to improve. You’re the only one who is struggling to form a substantial case to justify your apologist stance for my criticisms being too harsh or unjustified.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Congratulations to Ethan Lowe, who will make his debut for QLD tomorrow night.

Add him to the ever growing list of players that have kicked on since being overlooked by our staff.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
How was a player capable of the type of performance he produced last night in his debut for QLD, not seen to be in coach green’s plans moving forward, and as a result was happily shown the door?

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He played well last night and in the NRL this year but was not in good form through 2018. Don't think he was seen as a priority retention target considering the depth of 2nd row talent at the club. There were also reports floating around that he and Green had a personal spat of some type.

Sometimes players benefit from a freshen up and a new philosophy at a new club. If he stayed here I doubt he would have kicked on as much

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
It’s up to the coach to get the best out of his players. The fact Ethan has almost immediately managed to go from not being wanted or rated by Green, to being arguably the best forward on the park in an origin decider is deeply concerning for Green. He’s shown for almost 3 seasons now an inability to get the best out of the majority of his players as a collective.

It makes you wonder whether some of those who are in pretty extended form slumps are just guys like Ethan who Green is unable to get he best out of for one reason or another. This is a big problem moving forward.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
How was a player capable of the type of performance he produced last night in his debut for QLD, not seen to be in coach green’s plans moving forward, and as a result was happily shown the door?
Assumedly had a falling out with the coach about something, stopped putting in the effort, played poorly. Was likely better for everyone involved that he move on. It’s clearly worked well for him. It’s just a shame he looks like shit in the green and red.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Assumedly had a falling out with the coach about something, stopped putting in the effort, played poorly. Was likely better for everyone involved that he move on. It’s clearly worked well for him. It’s just a shame he looks like shit in the green and red.
The falling out is pure speculation by some on here, and is a token unsubstantiated response those looking to justify his unjustified, and through the beauty of hindsight, down right howler of a decision to axe him.

If a coach is letting alleged personal spats get in the way of keeping origin standard forwards at the club, then that is concerning.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The falling out is pure speculation by some on here, and is a token unsubstantiated response those looking to justify his unjustified, and through the beauty of hindsight, down right howler of a decision to axe him.

If a coach is letting alleged personal spats get in the way of keeping origin standard forwards at the club, then that is concerning.
No it isn't, it was widely reported earlier this year when the "Green has lost the dressing room" stories were circulating.

To be fair Lowe did deny being the source quoted in those stories but still worth considering as part of this conversation.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
No it isn't, it was widely reported earlier this year when the "Green has lost the dressing room" stories were circulating.

To be fair Lowe did deny being the source quoted in those stories but still worth considering as part of this conversation.
Nothing has been confirmed by anybody, hence that it is pure speculation. Everything you’ve touched on with regards to that rumour is pure hearsay, so to state them as some kind of fact is wrong.

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I was sad to see Methan go. He'll always be one of my favourite Cowboys. But he has quite clearly benefited from the change. I'm sure in retrospect he's very happy with what's unfolded.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Nothing has been confirmed by anybody, hence that it is pure speculation. Everything you’ve touched on with regards to that rumour is pure hearsay, so to state them as some kind of fact is wrong.
Coming from yourself, that's hilarious.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The two people who brought it up in this thread did not state it was fact.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
The two people who brought it up in this thread did not state it was fact.
I said it was pure speculation, and you replied “no it isn’t” suggesting it is a substantiated claim with a fair amount of truth behind it, thus being a fact.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I said it was pure speculation, and you replied “no it isn’t” suggesting it is a substantiated claim with a fair amount of truth behind it, thus being a fact.
Is that a fact?

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
"Pure speculation by some on here" reads to me as though you are implying this was a rumour pulled from thin air on this board. That is not true.

But congrats again on turning another conversation into a semantic point scoring contest