Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Retention. It’s time for the cowboys to come clean.

Jax

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think the criticism is justified in hindsight, but I'm not sure what people expect some smart arses on an internet forum to do about it though, a letter writing campaign perhaps? I think it's always good to have some refreshment and if Parr is to leave, his legacy at the club is almost second to none.

Given that Dunn, Enari, Clifford, Wright and Molo have all had extended runs in the side this year, I feel we've turned a corner in respect of playing juniors, though.

The continued dwelling on the subject is tiring, and extremely reminiscent of previous members. It's bordering on a case of pining over a ex.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Who's at fault.....Parr or Green, doesnt really matter sadly it is what it is atm.
Something we’ll never know. May be neither. We have to remember that if a player REALLY wanted to stay, they’d take that little bit less money.

It’s all well and good to say “this player wanted to stay”, but how do you prove that? When you’ve got a fan questioning you on your decision, why not take the easy option and say it was a club decision?

Half these players mentioned, granted I don’t watch as many games as I used to, barely come across my radar anyway. And, frankly, I’m still sick of all this Ponga talk. He’s only what, 2 years into his knights contract? And he’s already reportedly wanting more and more money. Hardly screams of a loyal club man.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
I think the criticism is justified in hindsight, but I'm not sure what people expect some smart arses on an internet forum to do about it though, a letter writing campaign perhaps? I think it's always good to have some refreshment and if Parr is to leave, his legacy at the club is almost second to none.

Given that Dunn, Enari, Clifford, Wright and Molo have all had extended runs in the side this year, I feel we've turned a corner in respect of playing juniors, though.

The continued dwelling on the subject is tiring, and extremely reminiscent of previous members.
Should we cease discussing anything that isn’t in our power to change then? For a dedicated cowboys fan forum, there seems to be an ever growing list of topics that people don’t want to discuss. Once upon a time some of the biggest media outlets in Australia were reporting MPW was about to make his first grade debut due to a couple of smart arses on here. You never know who is reading these forums, and what topics of conversation may inspire a news piece that potentially could put the media spotlight on certain issues that could lead to positive change. At worst it’s just an opportunity to vent to like minded people.

I’m not entirely sure we have turned a corner. We’ve been forced to give them an extended run thanks largely to quite an extensive injury toll. Only Dunn and Molo were in our round 1 line up.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Do you have trouble reading? I have listed some of the players who we should have let go in order to have kept some of the ones I bolded. Didn’t think I had to further elaborate on all of them given how it is common knowledge what a monumental f*** up some of the decisions have been. But seeing as you were clearly in a coma during that period, I’ll give you a gentle reminder of what I can think of off the top of my head:

Coote should have been given the ass for Ponga, instead we decided to persist with him, only for him to fall out of favour and play just a handful of games the year KP left anyway.

Jahrome Hughes was another one that’s pathway was blocked by Coote who the club didn’t see a future in. Hughes left to Melbourne (played his first season there mostly in QCup) despite having a world class spine in front of him because Melbourne identified his talent and assured him he was in their future plans. Also signed Temaire Martin 6 months after Hughes left the club which was baffling to say the least. And before you mention he played in a grand final side, he was a passenger at best in that period and has gone on to be a flop, while Hughes has excelled and played for his country.

Granville should have made way for Brandon Smith. He’s had one good year in the 5 he’s been with us, and has failed to develop his passing or gas tank. Had the likes of Ben Hampton and Ray Thompson coming off the bench as back up hooker throughout the season. What a f***ing farce.

The likes of Uele and Horsburgh could have stayed at the club in replace of the plodder that is Jordan McLean who came to club at the same time as both their departures. Both those players are now fulfilling their talent, meanwhile McLean continues to plod along and unable to get out of second gear. Think we re-signed Bolton around that time too which is yet another master stroke by the club. Even a decision to keep Uele of Horsburgh at the expense of Patrick Kaufusi would have been the right call.

We lost Villiame Kikau a kid who had absolutely dominated the 20’s that anybody who has 2 functioning eyes could see was going to end up an exception player, and signed Blake f***ing leary and an ever declining Shaun fensom. Played duds like Spina that season a fair bit too that could have been instead valuable opportunities blooding Viliame into first grade. He really wanted to stay at the club, but had a clearer pathway to first grade at Penrith.

It’s people like you who baffle me as to how you can be comfortable with the quantity and quality of talent we’ve let go in the past few seasons, and honestly believe the club couldn’t have done anything more to keep some of them. We are fantastic at identifying talent, getting them into our system and nursing them through the pathways. However we are also absolutely f***ing diabolical when it comes to the point they are ready to play first grade and having faith in giving them an opportunity over lesser, but more experienced players.
People like me?
Mate you know f*** all what goes on behind the scenes, what players are actually on, the contract negotiations, the training regimes, the hidden injuries players are carrying etc etc etc.
Big man naming a reject list knowing better than club officials.

Ive not once tried to defend their decisions,

Just curious how YOU KNOW all these players you've highlighted could all be fit into our squad over a 5 year period under our salary cap, with JT taking up a million of it.

Anyway im over reading your dribble.

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Tuala is going to be a good player. These things take time. Look at Molo. Last year he looked only average and with game experience and development he has come on really nicely.

I think Wright will be the next break out player. The club have been really patient with his development and he looks like he will be a good player going forward for us.

It takes time for people to feel comfortable playing at such an elite level. Once they are in a good mental zone, they can show their talent.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
People like me?
Mate you know f*** all what goes on behind the scenes, what players are actually on, the contract negotiations, the training regimes, the hidden injuries players are carrying etc etc etc.
Big man naming a reject list knowing better than club officials.

Just curious how YOU KNOW all these players you've highlighted could all be fit into our squad over a 5 year period under our salary cap, with JT taking up a million of it.

Anyway im over reading your dribble.
You asked who could have been kicked out of our squad in the relevant periods of time for the players I bolded to replace. I answered it and you have nothing to counter it. Salary cap restraints is not an excuse for the quantity of talent we’ve let go, especially with the amount of shit we’ve kept at the club instead that would be commanding similar coin.

2 of those listed we know for sure wanted to stay at this club - Brandon Smith and Viliame Kikau and would have been relatively cheap given they were unproven in first grade.

Your defence of the club with regards to our recruitment and retention is equivalent of jumping in quick sand.

Jax

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Should we cease discussing anything that isn’t in our power to change then? For a dedicated cowboys fan forum, there seems to be an ever growing list of topics that people don’t want to discuss. Once upon a time some of the biggest media outlets in Australia were reporting MPW was about to make his first grade debut due to a couple of smart arses on here. You never know who is reading these forums, and what topics of conversation may inspire a news piece that potentially could put the media spotlight on certain issues that could lead to positive change. At worst it’s just an opportunity to vent to like minded people.

I’m not entirely sure we have turned a corner. We’ve been forced to give them an extended run thanks largely to quite an extensive injury toll. Only Dunn and Molo were in our round 1 line up.
Discuss away, I'm saying that the notion that if we (as in the forum) has any power to change this is delusional.

Accusing people of being "apologists" and "happy to accept" something is dumb keyboard warrior stuff, and not helping the discussion.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Discuss away, I'm saying that the notion that if we (as in the forum) has any power to change this is delusional.

Accusing people of being "apologists" and "happy to accept" something is dumb keyboard warrior stuff, and not helping the discussion.
I don’t believe anybody has claimed that this forum has definitive power to change this situation.

It’s nothing to do with being a keyboard warrior. I am calling a spade a spade. The club has no leg to stand on with regards to our poor recruitment/retention, yet there are people on here who’ll come up with every excuse under the sun in order to avoid criticising them.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
The fact is we all know sfa about what goes on behind the scenes with regard to recruitment, retention and our salary cap position at certain times.

I have always found our Club very accommodating to fans. Why don't you put pen to paper, write to Parry and ask what questions you want to ask in a respectful way. You just may get your queries answered.

Reactions: BDR

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
The fact is we all know sfa about what goes on behind the scenes with regard to recruitment, retention and our salary cap position at certain times.

I have always found our Club very accommodating to fans. Why don't you put pen to paper, write to Parry and ask what questions you want to ask in a respectful way. You just may get your queries answered.
Yes. I’m sure Peter will be all too happy to out himself and admit the club has made many mistakes with regards to recruitment and retention. Great idea mate, I wish I had have thought of this earlier.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Do you have trouble reading? I have listed some of the players who we should have let go in order to have kept some of the ones I bolded. Didn’t think I had to further elaborate on all of them given how it is common knowledge what a monumental f*** up some of the decisions have been. But seeing as you were clearly in a coma during that period, I’ll give you a gentle reminder of what I can think of off the top of my head:

Coote should have been given the ass for Ponga, instead we decided to persist with him, only for him to fall out of favour and play just a handful of games the year KP left anyway.

Jahrome Hughes was another one that’s pathway was blocked by Coote who the club didn’t see a future in. Hughes left to Melbourne (played his first season there mostly in QCup) despite having a world class spine in front of him because Melbourne identified his talent and assured him he was in their future plans. Also signed Temaire Martin 6 months after Hughes left the club which was baffling to say the least. And before you mention he played in a grand final side, he was a passenger at best in that period and has gone on to be a flop, while Hughes has excelled and played for his country.

Granville should have made way for Brandon Smith. He’s had one good year in the 5 he’s been with us, and has failed to develop his passing or gas tank. Had the likes of Ben Hampton and Ray Thompson coming off the bench as back up hooker throughout the season. What a f***ing farce.

The likes of Uele and Horsburgh could have stayed at the club in replace of the plodder that is Jordan McLean who came to club at the same time as both their departures. Both those players are now fulfilling their talent, meanwhile McLean continues to plod along and unable to get out of second gear. Think we re-signed Bolton around that time too which is yet another master stroke by the club. Even a decision to keep Uele of Horsburgh at the expense of Patrick Kaufusi would have been the right call.

We lost Villiame Kikau a kid who had absolutely dominated the 20’s that anybody who has 2 functioning eyes could see was going to end up an exception player, and signed Blake f***ing leary and an ever declining Shaun fensom. Played duds like Spina that season a fair bit too that could have been instead valuable opportunities blooding Viliame into first grade. He really wanted to stay at the club, but had a clearer pathway to first grade at Penrith.

It’s people like you who baffle me as to how you can be comfortable with the quantity and quality of talent we’ve let go in the past few seasons, and honestly believe the club couldn’t have done anything more to keep some of them. We are fantastic at identifying talent, getting them into our system and nursing them through the pathways. However we are also absolutely f***ing diabolical when it comes to the point they are ready to play first grade and having faith in giving them an opportunity over lesser, but more experienced players.
I agree with some of your post but
you need to look at the timing of Coote re-signing and evaluate the situation we were in and why we resigned him.

April 2016 is when we extended him for 2 more years. Obviously we won the comp 6 months earlier, Coote was instrumental in that season. Proved the perfect foil for JT, he was not as good a football player as Mango but he was a far better fullback for mine (if that makes sense???)

Ponga had just turned 18, still yet to play a game of FG and completely unproven. A year earlier had the brain infection and was still getting his way back into footy life. Yes he was a prodigy in school boys but that doesn’t always translate into FG so you could tell we didn’t want to rush him in and totally destroy him too early. It allows KP to further develop in the 20’s and perhaps some Qcup time to play against fully grown men and get him ready for taking over in 2018. It was widely reported that Coote took far less money to stay in NQ, the club was being lauded by everyone for their ability to retain him. Pongas old man comes out publicly and says he is happy for his son to bide his time behind Coote and learn from one of the best in order to be fully prepped for down the track.

Enter the rest of 2016.

Coote is still playing very well throughout the season regular.

Ponga makes his debut in the broncos finals game thanks to some injuries. We didnt really have many injuries that year to afford him an opportunity, he looks quite comfortable on the wing, he does alright the week after against Cronulla as well.

But Coote shits the bed in both games unfortunately.

And this is where it gets interesting.

November 2016, it comes out that Newy has now signed Ponga for 2018. What the f*** has changed between then and 6 months earlier???? We have barely had anytime to even negotiate an upgrade with players face to face as they’re away on leave before pre-season.

We can argue about how much money he should have been on at the time and what should have been on the table, but for f***s sake, he had played 2 games of first grade at that time. Everyone knows he was gonna be a gun but he also had to show a little bit of respect and patience to the club and Coote. I don’t blame the club for signing Coote to that 2 year extension, I would have done the same thing.

Now there are rumours of shit that went down at the end of 2016 during the finals off the field. I’m not going to go into specifics but I don’t honestly think we were ever a chance of retaining Ponga regardless of the coin thrown at him.

Coote was still very serviceable during 2017, even throughout his own injuries and the rest of the team carrying a few as well. He was still worth whatever we were paying him. 2018 is another kettle of fish. He was shit, pure shit. Chances were limited but every time he got a crack he was well below the expectations and he was relegated permanently to Qcup. That last year he had with us seems to taint all the other good shit he had done for us and IMO completely unfair. Everyone forgets just how damn good he was for us in the previous 3 seasons and seem to blame him for Ponga leaving.

How’s about blaming Ponga and his old man for Ponga leaving? KP was a kid at the time, and it seems his old man was pulling the strings in order to not only look after his sons best interest, but from the outside, it looks like he was looking after his own as well. How many other players at that age do you see their parents hogging the limelight in the media? I can’t recall of any tbh. I get that as a parent you want what’s best for your kid but you also have to let them live their own f***ing life. If that meant it was in Newy, than so be it. They took the risk and it has paid some dividends.

At the end of the day, they still haven’t played a finals game with KP in their squad, and even if they make it this year IMO they are going to be pure canon fodder for the better teams.

I don’t think he will stay in Newy, my bet is he ends up in Brisbane due to
the standard bullshit the Broncos can do ‘behind the scenes’ and the ‘corporate opportunities’. I highly doubt he is going to show any loyalty to Newy either so it will be hilarious when he walks away from them too and the reactions from their brain dead fans when they tear up will sustain me.

Last edited:

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
I agree with some of your post but
you need to look at the timing of Coote re-signing and evaluate the situation we were in and why we resigned him.

April 2016 is when we extended him for 2 more years. Obviously we won the comp 6 months earlier, Coote was instrumental in that season. Proved the perfect foil for JT, he was not as good a football player as Mango but he was a far better fullback for mine (if that makes sense???)

Ponga had just turned 18, still yet to play a game of FG and completely unproven. A year earlier had the brain infection and was still getting his way back into footy life. Yes he was a prodigy in school boys but that doesn’t always translate into FG so you could tell we didn’t want to rush him in and totally destroy him too early. It allows KP to further develop in the 20’s and perhaps some Qcup time to play against fully grown men and get him ready for taking over in 2018. It was widely reported that Coote took far less money to stay in NQ, the club was being lauded by everyone for their ability to retain him. Pongas old man comes out publicly and says he is happy for his son to bide his time behind Coote and learn from one of the best in order to be fully prepped for down the track.

Enter the rest of 2016.

Coote is still playing very well throughout the season regular.

Ponga makes his debut in the broncos finals game thanks to some injuries. We didnt really have many injuries that year to afford him an opportunity, he looks quite comfortable on the wing, he does alright the week after against Cronulla as well.

But Coote shits the bed in both games unfortunately.

And this is where it gets interesting.

November 2016, it comes out that Newy has now signed Ponga for 2018. What the f*** has changed between then and 6 months earlier???? We have barely had anytime to even negotiate an upgrade with players face to face as they’re away on leave before pre-season.

We can argue about how much money he should have been on at the time and what should have been on the table, but for f***s sake, he had played 2 games of first grade at that time. Everyone knows he was gonna be a gun but he also had to show a little bit of respect and patience to the club and Coote. I don’t blame the club for signing Coote to that 2 year extension, I would have done the same thing.

Now there are rumours of shit that went down at the end of 2016 during the finals off the field. I’m not going to go into specifics but I don’t honestly think we were ever a chance of retaining Ponga regardless of the coin thrown at him.

Coote was still very serviceable during 2017, even throughout his own injuries and the rest of the team carrying a few as well. He was still worth whatever we were paying him. 2018 is another kettle of fish. He was shit, pure shit. Chances were limited but every time he got a crack he was well below the expectations and he was relegated permanently to Qcup. That last year he had with us seems to taint all the other good shit he had done for us and IMO completely unfair. Everyone forgets just how damn good he was for us in the previous 3 seasons and seem to blame him for Ponga leaving.

How’s about blaming Ponga and his old man for Ponga leaving? KP was a kid at the time, and it seems his old man was pulling the strings in order to not only look after his sons best interest, but from the outside, it looks like he was looking after his own as well. How many other players at that age do you see their parents hogging the limelight in the media? I can’t recall of any tbh. I get that as a parent you want what’s best for your kid but you also have to let them live their own f***ing life. If that meant it was in Newy, than so be it. They took the risk and it has paid some dividends.

At the end of the day, they still haven’t played a finals game with KP in their squad, and even if they make it this year IMO they are going to be pure canon fodder for the better teams.

I don’t think he will stay in Newy, my bet is he ends up in Brisbane due to
the standard bullshit the Broncos can do ‘behind the scenes’ and the ‘corporate opportunities’. I highly doubt he is going to show any loyalty to Newy either so it will be hilarious when he walks away from them too and the reactions from their brain dead fans when they tear up will sustain me.
People are too fixated on Kalyn. The problem is not that we specifically failed to retain him.

The problem is the quantity and quality of talent that we have been unable to retain, and the shit we’ve kept or brought into the club instead.

Kalyn’s cockhead dad may have played a role in his exit from the club - happy to accept that. It doesn’t explain or excuse the others though. Neither does salary cap restraints given what we’ve kept and brought into the club instead of keeping some of these guns that we’ve let go.

Club needs to be mature about this, have an independent review, find out the culprits and then come up with a solution. Otherwise we’ll just continue to devlope quality talent and then lose them to other clubs. If Melbourne win this year’s premiership I hope Bellamy thanks our club for handing them on a platter a number of players who as a result have helped extend their premiership window.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
You asked who could have been kicked out of our squad in the relevant periods of time for the players I bolded to replace. I answered it and you have nothing to counter it. Salary cap restraints is not an excuse for the quantity of talent we’ve let go, especially with the amount of shit we’ve kept at the club instead that would be commanding similar coin.
It's not is it? Well thankyou Mr Auditor, you know nothing of the coin these players are on. You're just dribblin shit.
2 of those listed we know for sure wanted to stay at this club - Brandon Smith and Viliame Kikau and would have been relatively cheap given they were unproven in first grade.
Your defence of the club with regards to our recruitment and retention is equivalent of jumping in quick sand.
Parrs balls up abit, it's been noted,
No one's denying it,
Would have been great to keep some of these players, ponga, smith, kiku no doubt.
It's pathetic you keep keep pushing your fictional agenda as fact. All you have at the end of the day is a bunch of "could ofs" and "should ofs " scenarios. Keep posting full page crap of why we shouldn't be debating this. So when someone asks how or why you throw in a bunch of oneliners how bad the club is going with re-signing players over the years as like nothing has been positive.

Wasn't that long ago fans were congratulating Parr and co on their roster retention, you can't have it both ways.

People are too fixated on Kalyn. The problem is not that we specifically failed to retain him.
Really? Because it sounds like you are contradicting the shit out of yourself here pal. Did someone say quicksand???

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
It's not is it? Well thankyou Mr Auditor, you know nothing of the coin these players are on. You're just dribblin shit.
Put two and two together you dolt. The players we chose to keep at the club, or recruited here (the ones that I mentioned that you continue failing to address) would all be commanding the same if not more space in the salary cap than most of the untried and untested first grade rookies that I have highlighted we’ve let go. They were all rookies when they left the club. Bar Ponga, they’d be on f*** all coin. To suggest otherwise would be clutching at straws.

It's pathetic you keep keep pushing your fictional agenda as fact. All you have at the end of the day is a bunch of "could ofs" and "should ofs " scenarios. Keep posting full page crap of why we shouldn't be debating this. So when someone asks how or why you throw in a bunch of oneliners how bad the club is going with re-signing players over the years as like nothing has been positive.
You’re coming up with just about every excuse under the sun in order to avoid criticising the club over our incompetence in the field of recruitment and retention. I’m more then happy to debate this. In fact you asked me to provide a list of players who could have made way over the years and I obliged in doing so which you conveniently had no retort to. Just because there’s been a few positive retention moves the clubs has made (Taumalolo, Morgan, JT etc) doesn’t mean we can’t identify and discuss obvious mistakes the club has made in the same time frame. Especially when we’ve struggled to cover some of the positions for years now of players we let go that’d be walk up starters now if still at the club.

Wasn't that long ago fans were congratulating Parr and co on their roster retention, you can't have it both ways.
Really? Because it sounds like you are contradicting the shit out of yourself here pal. Did someone say quicksand???
I included Ponga in the list of players we’ve let go, and some of the apologists have chosen to centre their entire argument on his situation as a means of defending the clubs recruitment/retention. Andre Ponga didn’t influence any other of the players I have listed in leaving the club. Criticising the club doesn’t make you any less of a supporter. It’s not always rainbow and butterflies as some people are lead to believe on here.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Put two and two together you dolt. The players we chose to keep at the club, or recruited here (the ones that I mentioned that you continue failing to address) would all be commanding the same if not more space in the salary cap than most of the untried and untested first grade rookies that I have highlighted we’ve let go. They were all rookies when they left the club. Bar Ponga, they’d be on f*** all coin. To suggest otherwise would be clutching at straws.

You’re coming up with just about every excuse under the sun in order to avoid criticising the club over our incompetence in the field of recruitment and retention. I’m more then happy to debate this. In fact you asked me to provide a list of players who could have made way over the years and I obliged in doing so which you conveniently had no retort to. Just because there’s been a few positive retention moves the clubs has made (Taumalolo, Morgan, JT etc) doesn’t mean we can’t identify and discuss obvious mistakes the club has made in the same time frame. Especially when we’ve struggled to cover some of the positions for years now of players we let go that’d be walk up starters now if still at the club.

I included Ponga in the list of players we’ve let go, and some of the apologists have chosen to centre their entire argument on his situation as a means of defending the clubs recruitment/retention. Andre Ponga didn’t influence any other of the players I have listed in leaving the club. Criticising the club doesn’t make you any less of a supporter. It’s not always rainbow and butterflies as some people are lead to believe on here.
i take it you’re having a shot at me here yeah?

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Not sure the club can be blamed in some instances of recruitment/retention,

If Chudleigh had not suffered so many injuries - he’d be the starting hooker now. And then Brandon Smith would not have been such a loss.

They chose Hess over Kikau to throw money at. They made a judgment as to who would be the better player and got it wrong. It’s not an exact science.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Hess cops a bit of a flogging and probably deservedly so. I haven't quite given up on him yet and nor has apparently the club. Justin O'Neil came good in his last few games before his horrific injury and prior to that he was terrible and we were scratching his head as to why he kept getting a call up. I think with the right sports science and time Coen can also.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'm assuming these player
Anderson, never seen him play, think I've read injury prone.
GGM, this guy seems he can't get his shit together. I think everyone hopes he will
Bolton was great for us up until end of 2017. Can't see him being on much. Semi club legend. May retire end of year
Granville, Greenys love child. Face palm of an extension. Slightly finding a little form now
Baptise bottom end 1 year deal for us, which superstar did we miss out on signing him?
,TMM reportly landed him on a 50k deal, needed out of Penrith.
,McLean signed a big deal. Most thought was a good signing. Reported not that long ago his foot was still giving him grief. Still a very good player
Bowen is he a local the club retained? Oh well you will probably whinge about that too
Hampton, still think he's a handy pickup. May be re-signed.

You keep bringing up this incompetence. Incompetence, Incompetence, Incompetence. You're like a broken f***in record.
They've made their fair share of f*** ups. Most clubs have. Some are borderline shameful. I've noted some of these, yet also all the good work they've done over those years.
JT, JT2, JT3. Scott, Coops, Morgo, Feldt, Bolts, Coote, Hannant, Lowe, Linnett etc etc etc.
This ain't incompetence. And THIS is what Im defending. Your loose attacks just to argue for the sake of it, having no clue, you're only guessing all along.

I've ask again who are these people? They must give you night terrors
There's been different reasons why players have signed elsewhere. I've seen members give their opinion or possibility why. Good reasons too, but you keep throwing out incompetence.
Criticise all you want.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
I'm assuming these player
Anderson, never seen him play, think I've read injury prone.
GGM, this guy seems he can't get his shit together. I think everyone hopes he will
Bolton was great for us up until end of 2017. Can't see him being on much. Semi club legend. May retire end of year
Granville, Greenys love child. Face palm of an extension. Slightly finding a little form now
Baptise bottom end 1 year deal for us, which superstar did we miss out on signing him?
,TMM reportly landed him on a 50k deal, needed out of Penrith.
,McLean signed a big deal. Most thought was a good signing. Reported not that long ago his foot was still giving him grief. Still a very good player
Bowen is he a local the club retained? Oh well you will probably whinge about that too
Hampton, still think he's a handy pickup. May be re-signed.
You clearly didn’t re-read my post as you list players I didn’t even mention, as well as fail to comment on some of the ones that I did who the club ended up getting rid of anyway. Most you list there even you don’t rate. You’re also awfully quiet on commenting on the three notorious problem childs the club signed over the course of the last 18 months (Carney, Barba, Nene). It’s interesting that you want to criticise me for speculating on contract worths, but in the same token are happy to speculate on TMM’s contract as some form of justification for signing him. Hypocrisy at its finest.

You keep bringing up this incompetence. Incompetence, Incompetence, Incompetence. You're like a broken f***in record.
They've made their fair share of f*** ups. Most clubs have. Some are borderline shameful. I've noted some of these, yet also all the good work they've done over those years.
JT, JT2, JT3. Scott, Coops, Morgo, Feldt, Bolts, Coote, Hannant, Lowe, Linnett etc etc etc.
This ain't incompetence. And THIS is what Im defending. Your loose attacks just to argue for the sake of it, having no clue, you're only guessing all along.
Look at the position the club is in ffs - staring down the barrel of back to back seasons missing finals, and if we’re being realistic, should have been three seasons if not for the Dragons choking on the final game of the year in 2017. The recruitment/retention has fundamentally led to our on field performances being below par for 3 years now. This ain’t guessing you dolt. This is identifying a problem, and seeking answers as to who is responsible and how the club can move forward from this. It’s no surprise that our demise has coincided with letting go a huge quantity of talent that have gone on to excel at their next clubs.

I've ask again who are these people? They must give you night terrors
There's been different reasons why players have signed elsewhere. I've seen members give their opinion or possibility why. Good reasons too, but you keep throwing out incompetence.
Criticise all you want.
You. As much as you deny, you are an apologist. You want to shut down discussion that criticises the club, and will go to any length to defend them instead of acknowledging that the way we are doing things currently is not working.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
You clearly didn’t re-read my post as you list players I didn’t even mention, as well as fail to comment on some of the ones that I did who the club ended up getting rid of anyway. Most you list there even you don’t rate. You’re also awfully quiet on commenting on the three notorious problem childs the club signed over the course of the last 18 months (Carney, Barba, Nene). It’s interesting that you want to criticise me for speculating on contract worths, but in the same token are happy to speculate on TMM’s contract as some form of justification for signing him. Hypocrisy at its finest.
Those bolded all walk into the squad at the expense of the likes of Anderson, GGM, Bolton, Granville, Baptise, TMM, McLean, Bowen, Hampton etc.
Yeah, you did and I assumed you meant these. Iguess there are more, but your posts are full of lies.
To repeat not many would deny some of Parr's/ the clubs gambles with CArney, Barba. Now Nene and the so close signature of Holmes. These haven't payed off.
I've mentioned it, more lies. You are struggling

I'm a hypocrite???
I'm not speculating with Martin's contract. It was reported multiple times we picked him up only having to pay 50k first season Panthers payed the rest. I even remember reading it on here aswell. Look it up.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/how-johnathan-thurston-cost-the-cowboys-te-marie-martins-signature/news-story/6193857f26e645195906c96c3491b173
The club is only paying $50,000 towards his salary this season with Penrith covering the rest of the 21-year-olds wage.
You are really bad at this aren't you??

Look at the position the club is in ffs - staring down the barrel of back to back seasons missing finals, and if we’re being realistic, should have been three seasons if not for the Dragons choking on the final game of the year in 2017. The recruitment/retention has fundamentally led to our on field performances being below par for 3 years now. This ain’t guessing you dolt. This is identifying a problem, and seeking answers as to who is responsible and how the club can move forward from this. It’s no surprise that our demise has coincided with letting go a huge quantity of talent that have gone on to excel at their next clubs.
I do actually agree with some points. I tell you what, I'll throw out one of your pearls of wisdom. If we haven't had the amount of injuries this season, we'd be in the top 8. Even half the injuries. But that's alot of what ifs.

You. As much as you deny, you are an apologist. You want to shut down discussion that criticises the club, and will go to any length to defend them instead of acknowledging that the way we are doing things currently is not working.
I actually had to look up what an apologist was.. Hah Why wouldn't I defend the club. You've got such a narrow opinion about this and struggle when questioned about it. Mate I've caught you out multiple times here. Give it a rest....