Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Retention. It’s time for the cowboys to come clean.

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Murray has been injured a lot this year, I'd say that has more to do with it. He missed the first 4-5 weeks and I think he's injured again.
Good to know Minto, Thanks.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me (like I'm a 6yr old) the purpose /relevance of this thread????
I know we sometimes need to vent, but fuk me isn't that what the rubbish tip is for.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Binky

Junior
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me (like I'm a 6yr old) the purpose /relevance of this thread????
I know we sometimes need to vent, but fuk me isn't that what the rubbish tip is for.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Well you see prince Albert didnt realizes that at the very top of the page there is a thread called recruitment and retention so he made his own thread called retention.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Well you see prince Albert didnt realizes that at the very top of the page there is a thread called recruitment and retention so he made his own thread called retention.
Hmmm, so to clarify further, we only talk retention here?

Spiral

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Losing Anthony Watts to the Roosters in 2011 started the rot for me.

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Putin and Anthony Watts, name a better duo

Reactions: Jax

samuraipolice

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Ponga left cause his father wanted him to. Tamou left for personal reasons. I think Felise thrives under the melbin system and would be just a bit better than Hess if he stayed.
The one that I'll never understand is Kikau. I just don't get how you could stuff that one up. He was begging to stay long term. Even I would have closed that deal. I would have just went "OK".

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Kikau is easy explanation- Cowboys offered 90k Penrith offered 190k. Done.
Cowboys hitched their wagon to Hess express.
Hindsight is 20-20

Reactions: CC

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Kikau is easy explanation- Cowboys offered 90k Penrith offered 190k. Done.
Cowboys hitched their wagon to Hess express.
Hindsight is 20-20

I didn't realise you could only select one player per u20's squad. It was obvious to all and sundry that Kikau was going to be a star. We got too wrapped up in being a successful team and our juniors simply took a back seat for a few years. We're seeing the real consequences of that now.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I didn't realise you could only select one player per u20's squad. It was obvious to all and sundry that Kikau was going to be a star. We got too wrapped up in being a successful team and our juniors simply took a back seat for a few years. We're seeing the real consequences of that now.
It’s a real shambles. To top it off - the club is now secretly re-signing players like Justin ONeill to multi year contracts WTF.

What did O’Neill do to get a multi year extension last year besides go on an epic try scoring drought?

People are definitely looking after their mates at this club to the detriment of the club’s success.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Jimmy Tamou left because his wife had been demanding to move back to sydney for years. He said at the time he didn't want to leave us but after we'd won the comp he thought it best to give in to his wife. Look at his first 2 years at Penrith. He wasn't playing great, never looked happy either. I'm certain he'd still be here if his wife had been happy up here.

I would also like to know what happened with the other players you mentioned, but this club will never tell us.
He was also seen in Penrith, at a wrestling show, still wearing Cowboys gear. Untill people started to point him out and he put on a Penrith jacket.

Think he liked the place.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
He was also seen in Penrith, at a wrestling show, still wearing Cowboys gear. Untill people started to point him out and he put on a Penrith jacket.

Think he liked the place.
Spoke to him a few times after it was announced he was leaving us. Was genuinely gutted to be leaving and told me he already wanted to come back before he’d even stepped foot in Penrith. Absolutely bizarre we let him leave.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Spoke to him a few times after it was announced he was leaving us. Was genuinely gutted to be leaving and told me he already wanted to come back before he’d even stepped foot in Penrith. Absolutely bizarre we let him leave.
We had no choice but to let him go. His wife wanted to go.,