Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Recruitment and Retention 2012-2013 (rumoured and confirmed signings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
A post on NRL infinite also says "Mark Gasnier been offered a good deal to sign with Cowboys" LOL wouldn't believe **** from that page
Haha that wasn't me! it was a poster. Is Nathan May a member on this forum?

special_j

Junior
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Tamou is more muscular than Hoare but they are both the same weight and height. Hoare is also very tough, he played 40 minutes on a torn acl last year in the toyota cup,according to a story in the townsville bully last year.
Hoare still is only fairly young and will fill out a bit yet I think. Good long term prospect.

Wolfbrother

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Ballin would be a great signing. I have no idea how we would fit him under the cap though. Skillful, sharp out of dummy half, gets the forwards rolling forward and is tough as nails.

He's no Cameron Smith, but gee he's up there with the best of them IMO.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Ballin would be a great signing. I have no idea how we would fit him under the cap though. Skillful, sharp out of dummy half, gets the forwards rolling forward and is tough as nails.

He's no Cameron Smith, but gee he's up there with the best of them IMO.

-------------

That's all we need now. We have enough complications with the Lui -- Ray halfback problem and now we want to complicate the Hooking role as well. Sure Balin is a good player, but we cannot be like a kid in a lolly shop.

I think for the first time in years the Club can afford to not make hurried panic buys when some development of our potential youngsters should be our prime focus. two years ago, we had no choice but I really think we can be selective.

To me, the only positions we should be looking at in the short to medium term is Prop. With Scott being the way he is we may be forced to but if a few of the younger guys step up and get developed there we will be ok.

DJ needs an understudy, and i suspect that Ray might be that person, but Dj will be their for at least another two years , so we have time also.

Matty Bowen, will need an understudy, but we have time on our side their too. Wayne might just be that person if his development continues. If not then I can see down the track a place might be found to bring Ben Barba back to the farm. He is a local boy and while his game is still developing I feel he has a lot of potential in the future.

The Cowboys are in a good place unless we get a serious injury to those three positions we will have at least two years to plan and develop. Chopping and changing too much now will just defeat what good can come from it, the squad now needs to gel and form good combinations and have good team harmony.

Pete

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I don't think we need Ballin. We already have Payne, Segeyaro, Morgan and even Lui.

3duggali

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I would have to say no to ballin. We have Segyaro who has bucketloads of potential adding to that Thompson will end up at hooker. We also have Elisala and Norford in the 20's who are both potential first graders. I think if we are going to recuit anyone it would be a front rower. The three that i think we should be chasing that come off cotract at the end of the year are Kasiano, Taupau, and Tasi these boys are young with plenty of potential and would be great additions to the team.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Elisala playing 2nd row so far this year

chiefcowboy48

First Grader
Reaction score
really? wow i thought he was a little fellah
Playing lock with Grevsmuhl been pushed to backrow although he ain't playing 20's today. I say its a good ploy in the 20's to have both he and norford playing at the same timd for as much as possible.

macdaniel

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Elisala playing 2nd row so far this year
Yeah hes played lock for rounds 2 and 3
He filled in at 9 last week though when Norford was off.
In round one he was still used as a 9.

macdaniel

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Alex is a fierce competitor and tough beyond measure
Played the GF with a broken sternum last year and was judged our best player in that game. Thats a game were there were several stand outs.
As far as guts and grit goes hes already got it over a lot of first graders.
He might struggle for size though.

NSW_Cowboy

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Gee if Ulugia doesnt stand up, we can always get fishiaii.. 6 trys in NSW cup :O

Brenton

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Good we didn't get him. But how the f**k can the Titans afford him lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.