Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Recruitment and Retention 2012-2013 (rumoured and confirmed signings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3duggali

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I looked at the list of players off contract at the end of the season and i came up with 12 names that would be value signings that would add to our squad.

1. Gerard Beale
2. Sam Kasiano
3. Martin Taupau
4. Kenneth Bromwich
5. Konrad Hurrell
6. Russell Packer
7. Omar Slaimankhel
8. Ukuma Ta’ai
9. Anthony Cherrington
10. Lama Tasi
11. Matt Groat
12. Denan Kemp

Two young guys from NZ that I rate extremly highly are Konrad Hurrell and Omar Slaimankhel. The only problem is i doubt NZ would letanyone get near Hurrell and will resign him soon.

ozyscott

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think we should be trying hard to try and keep the same squad together to be honest.....we do far too much recruiting at our club, we have juniors that we should develop

Wolfbrother

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I looked at the list of players off contract at the end of the season and i came up with 12 names that would be value signings that would add to our squad.

1. Gerard Beale
2. Sam Kasiano
3. Martin Taupau
4. Kenneth Bromwich
5. Konrad Hurrell
6. Russell Packer
7. Omar Slaimankhel
8. Ukuma Ta’ai
9. Anthony Cherrington
10. Lama Tasi
11. Matt Groat
12. Denan Kemp

Two young guys from NZ that I rate extremly highly are Konrad Hurrell and Omar Slaimankhel. The only problem is i doubt NZ would letanyone get near Hurrell and will resign him soon.
Mate you've named some of the best junior talent coming through.

Personally, I agree with Ozyscott - we should focus on keeping the players we've got and developing our juniors rather than external signings. We've got a damn good squad as it is!

Having said that, I still think we're a quality prop short of being strong across the park.

chiefcowboy48

First Grader
Reaction score
Beale is crap, he is a utility myth and can only perform at nrl standard at fullback imo. Hurrell has extended his contract untill the end of next year so already off limits over the off season.

My order of preference out of that list would be:
1. Tasi
2. Taupau
3. Packer
4. Slaimankhel (depending on Ulugia's form, hopefully would be lower on the list due to Ulugia showing signs of pushing on)
5. Kasiano
6. Ta’ai
7. Bromwich
8. Groat
9. Beale
10. Cherrington
11. Kemp

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Denan Kemp is woeful imo. Out of them players listed i only would want to sign Taupau, Hurrell and Kaisino.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think we are pretty good for personnel at the moment. We are maybe a prop short but there are a few decent prospects coming through and it looks like they're trying to turn Hogan into a prop as well. Same for outside backs, I think Pangai and Feldt will do the job if they're required and KFFL is still there too

3duggali

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I always thought callum haywood looked good in the twenties but he was released earlier this year i think. What does everyone thing about Sam Hoare i havent really seen much of the kid.

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I always thought callum haywood looked good in the twenties but he was released earlier this year i think. What does everyone thing about Sam Hoare i havent really seen much of the kid.
He's a monster! 195 cm's and 113 kg's he's the same build as Tamou. The Cowboys have huge wraps on him and he has definitly got the potential to be a regular in the Cowboys pack. Iv'e seen him play for the Cutters a couple of times and he is good. He will get better and better as this season goes on.

Wolfbrother

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He's a monster! 195 cm's and 113 kg's he's the same build as Tamou. The Cowboys have huge wraps on him and he has definitly got the potential to be a regular in the Cowboys pack. Iv'e seen him play for the Cutters a couple of times and he is good. He will get better and better as this season goes on.
Yep, wraps so big that they released him...

macdaniel

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Yep, wraps so big that they released him...
jhack is talking about sam hoare
they released Cal.
Cal was amazing but had many many injuries
Some of you guys who dont rate Callum wouldnt be aware of how tough he is and what injuries he was playing with

Sams very very good.
Hes got a great attitude, works hard and has good size.
Sams build is nothing like Tamous though

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
jhack is talking about sam hoare they released Cal. Cal was amazing but had many many injuries Some of you guys who dont rate Callum wouldnt be aware of how tough he is and what injuries he was playing with Sams very very good. Hes got a great attitude, works hard and has good size. Sams build is nothing like Tamous though
Tamou is more muscular than Hoare but they are both the same weight and height. Hoare is also very tough, he played 40 minutes on a torn acl last year in the toyota cup,according to a story in the townsville bully last year.

chiefcowboy48

First Grader
Reaction score
According to rumours on facebook, Matt Ballin could be heading our way for next year.

chiefcowboy48

First Grader
Reaction score
Could you put up a link or give us the name of the page.

Ballin would be a great signing.
NRL Infinite just posted the rumour not long ago but the first page that I saw post the rumour was NRL Live Scores 2012.

Just search those pages and like them, you will then be able to see what is on their wall posts.

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
NRL Infinite just posted the rumour not long ago but the first page that I saw post the rumour was NRL Live Scores 2012.Just search those pages and like them, you will then be able to see what is on their wall posts.
Haha lol i am the Admin for NRL infinite (thanks for the Ballin rumour). I couldn't find NRL lives scores 2012 though.

The_Darkhorse

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
A post on NRL infinite also says "Mark Gasnier been offered a good deal to sign with Cowboys" LOL
I wouldn't believe **** from that page

Status
Not open for further replies.