Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Pro's and Con's, will Green win us another premiership!!

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
IIRC nahla said Melbourne offered a longer deal, I guess we were kind of torn on Smith and Chuds. Smith was always the better player for mine, I was a lot more disappointed in losing him than KP.

donuts

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Our home record since Origin 3, 2017 -

Played 13.
Won 3.
23% home win rate...

I hear the word 'supercoach' used sometimes by the so called experts when talking about Green...

aqua

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Our home record since Origin 3, 2017 -

Played 13.
Won 3.
23% home win rate...

I hear the word 'supercoach' used sometimes by the so called experts when talking about Green...
didn't think we were that bad. That's about as poor as you get

donuts

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
what really shits me is that Green has been on TripleM and the Matty Johns show over the last month or so and the questions put to Green are all airy fairy.. The old pals act is obvious to see and and when Green has given a vague reply to 'why are things not working out this season', the interviewers don't push him further. He is getting a ridiculously easy ride from the media (probably cause the media don't care about the cowboys, just the broncos and the sydney clubs)!

It will be interesting to see if this old pals act continues in 2019 if we get off to a poor start....

nahla

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Brandon never wanted to leave cowboys,but in all his time there he never once trained with topside only in 20s,his manager was talking to cowboys and told them he had fielded numerous call from 3 clubs at that stage but brandy wanted to stay at cowboys..after 8 weeks he was offered a one year deal..melbourne offered 3 years..the cowboys money was higher by 10k,even in interviews he has stated he loved his time here and felt he owed them a debt,especially to clint zammit..after he had signed with melbourne green came back with a second year ,but he would never do a backflip thats a dog act..will never forget the cowboys gave him his first shot...but hes loving his time at the storm now..

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
^^^^ It's obviously a very good system, along as you stay in it, lot of players never seem to reach the same heights as the do at the storm.
The one glaring exception is the legend that is RKJ

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Brandon never wanted to leave cowboys,but in all his time there he never once trained with topside only in 20s,his manager was talking to cowboys and told them he had fielded numerous call from 3 clubs at that stage but brandy wanted to stay at cowboys..after 8 weeks he was offered a one year deal..melbourne offered 3 years..the cowboys money was higher by 10k,even in interviews he has stated he loved his time here and felt he owed them a debt,especially to clint zammit..after he had signed with melbourne green came back with a second year ,but he would never do a backflip thats a dog act..will never forget the cowboys gave him his first shot...but hes loving his time at the storm now..
Isnt Cameron staying on til 2020 now? Will mean Brandon will be 25 by the time he's finally starting hooker for the Storm. That's a bloody long apprenticeship by anyone's standards.

nahla

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
1.Brandy would be 24 and 2.. not 2020 but that will come out in due course,currently hes making team as a bench forward and is doing the job 14 games so far this year..missed last week and this with injury ,not major just a nuisance..be back in round 21..theres a lot to learn if you are learning from the best,these guys play to 35 and beyond now..better take time and be a great player than rush and be average ..

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Hardly any of these guys were "let go". Let go implies they weren't wanted and not offered contracts, which isn't true.
Yes Minto, these posters who continually harp on about it like to conveniently omit that fact.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Some interesting news on NRL 360 just then.

According to James Hooper apparently Peter Parr is going to put into a new "Director of Football" position. Paul Green will report directly to Peter Parr. Sounds a lot like the setup at the Panthers.

Not sure if I'm a fan and I'd highly doubt Green would be. Perhaps Lancini is trying to do something about some of the player retention decisions in recent years (and moreso the ones that got away). Will be interesting to see what comes of it if anything.

Mark O Mac

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Some interesting news on NRL 360 just then.

According to James Hooper apparently Peter Parr is going to put into a new "Director of Football" position. Paul Green will report directly to Peter Parr. Sounds a lot like the setup at the Panthers.

Not sure if I'm a fan and I'd highly doubt Green would be. Perhaps Lancini is trying to do something about some of the player retention decisions in recent years (and moreso the ones that got away). Will be interesting to see what comes of it if anything.
Isn’t Peter Parrs current job literally “director of football”?

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Football manager isn't it? Regardless the "scoop" was that he'd have more responsibility in team operations.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Might be just trying to stave of interest from other clubs, by giving him an "important title".
Make him feel valued perhaps

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
We could always just make him the CEO......... again.........

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Pressure on Greeny now that the supercoach Griffin is available........

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rexy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Actually came across really well on 360 tonight I would not have a problem with him at all . Debuted 16 players at Panthers since he has been there .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Just copied this from a news article, apparently Bennett is a dead man walking at the donkies

Despite both remaining contracted for the 2019 season, Cowboys coach Paul Green and Anthony Seibold are also rumoured to be a chance of moving to the Broncos at the end of the 2018 season.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just copied this from a news article, apparently Bennett is a dead man walking at the donkies

Despite both remaining contracted for the 2019 season, Cowboys coach Paul Green and Anthony Seibold are also rumoured to be a chance of moving to the Broncos at the end of the 2018 season.

I guess it'll be a good test of what Green really thinks of Lancini's plan of having him report to Parr.

donuts

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Why does it take a special occasion to get such variation....