Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Pro's and Con's, will Green win us another premiership!!

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Those that are willing to believe completely outside sources over club legends aren't probably willing to have a critical view of things
No one has responded to what Winters and Lowe said in April-they are in the club atm

You guys dismiss most things quickly, I investigate most angles-i have a better critical view

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No one has responded to what Winters and Lowe said in April-they are in the club atm

You guys dismiss most things quickly, I investigate most angles-i have a better critical view
Yes. You are a genius amongst us mere mortals. We all bow down to you.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'd certainly put a lot of faith in Lowe, I mean what a sensational year he is having.

Willing to accept one view that backs up your blatant personal bias is a sign of no critical thinking

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Sounds like you may respect Winters- he wasn't fussed if CG re signed

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Probably because nobody knows what you're talking about? Maybe post an article or something to show people what you're talking about, because I don't remember any quotes from either player along these lines.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think it was something along the lines

‘Does Greenys contract saga effect the playing group?’

Winters- ‘Nah, it doesn’t really enter our minds, we just get out there and play’

Mark O Mac

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you may respect Winters- he wasn't fussed if CG re signed
I’m just assuming you are massively mis quoting the players. They may have said that Green re-signing had no impact on them re-signing themselves, but that could just mean they are 100% loyal to the club itself. Some players want to play for the club itself, no matter who’s in charge. Not every player is Darius Boyd following Wayne Bennett around.

Untill you can provide the quotes in context, that’ll remain my assumption about what you are talking about.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I’m just assuming you are massively mis quoting the players. They may have said that Green re-signing had no impact on them re-signing themselves, but that could just mean they are 100% loyal to the club itself. Some players want to play for the club itself, no matter who’s in charge. Not every player is Darius Boyd following Wayne Bennett around.

Untill you can provide the quotes in context, that’ll remain my assumption about what you are talking about.
Yeah they said they want to stay at club-still they didn't demand CG stay.

The story is "North Queensland Cowboys deny coach Paul Greens contract"

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The same story that has the header

North Queensland Cowboys deny uncertainty over coach Paul Green’s future is affecting their form

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don't know
I think the header is
North Queensland Cowboys deny coach Paul Greens contract" 9 April (on 2nd page of 'Antonio winterstein contract' search)
I think that is the article with Winters n Lowes thoughts.
You put it up here for the members Beavesbro

Last edited:

KirwanKrazy

Junior
Reaction score
You all had a crack at me a few months ago when I said Green was busted...
Lets take a look at all the blokes let go by the club recently:
Kalyn Ponga
Viliame Kikau
Brandon Smith
Felise Kaufusi
Jahrome Hughes
Rhyse Martin
Patrick Mago
Tariq Sims
Curtis Rona
Leeson Ah Mau

I mean come on. Ponga is possibly the best fullback in the comp, Kikau, Sims & Kaufusi run rings around both our edges, Martin is the new flavour of the month and Ah Mau would really bolster our forwards this year. FFS. This club has been asleep at the wheel and Green is at the head of it.

Imagine going into next year with a spine of Ponga, Morgan, Clifford and B Smith. Instead we've got no fullback, injured Morgan on huge cash, Clifford (?) and a had it Granville playing outdated structures with a coach locked in long term. Great...

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
That should liven up the debate. Not much excitement on the field anyway.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
People are forgetting that Peter Parr is in charge of recruitment and retention.

Obviously Green can probably get his way when he wants but there's a reason why Parr is the one who always comments on those types of stories, it's his job, not Green's.

Not saying Green doesn't share blame but Parr's part in recruitment and retention is constantly overlooked when we talk about the negatives. As far as I know, roster management is one of his main responsibilities.

I'm not blaming Parr for our year this year either, I think it has been a perfect storm of varying factors coming to a head.

Sidenote: Does anyone actually know the structure of the Cowboys? Does Parry report to Green, is it the other way around? General Managers work in different ways at different clubs. I get the feeling they're on equal footing, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
You all had a crack at me a few months ago when I said Green was busted...
Lets take a look at all the blokes let go by the club recently
Hardly any of these guys were "let go". Let go implies they weren't wanted and not offered contracts, which isn't true.

Kalyn Ponga
Viliame Kikau
Brandon Smith
No doubt, these 3 hurt. Smith and Kikau should've been kept, those were layup re-signings. Not keeping your two best NYC players in consecutive years is bad. Ponga obviously should've been kept but he was the "big name" and was always gonna be hard to retain. The other two should've been locked down.

Felise Kaufusi
Felise was languishing in Qld Cup doing nothing before he left. He was a complete project signing by Melbourne and landed in the absolute perfect system (like most Melbourne role players).

Jahrome Hughes
Agree, should've been locked down. Young and was killing it in Qld Cup for two years.

Rhyse Martin
He was never contracted to us.

Patrick Mago
Would've been nice to keep around but not a massive loss at all.

Curtis Rona
He left, we won a premiership without him and now he's in Union. Who cares?

Tariq Sims
He asked for a release! He was utter trash at the Knights and it was only this year he's looked like he did in 2011-2012.

Leeson Ah Mau
What a reach. This guy left like 8 years ago. Yeah Green really f****d up letting this guy leave three years before he even joined the club.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
And can I repeat, again, that in a fork in the road moment, the club signed Chudleigh who had just finished a full season of Q-Cup and was Q-Cup player of year, playing out of Mackay.
History tell us what has happened to Chud, we also recall his try on debut v. Canberra.
At the time, signing Chud over Smith was the right call. Now, with hindsight, we should have went with Smith.

KirwanKrazy, I respect your view, but perhaps you should consider changing your name to Cpt. Hindsight

Mark O Mac

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
What a reach. This guy left like 8 years ago. Yeah Green really f****d up letting this guy leave three years before he even joined the club.
Ive been heartbroken ever since...

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I identified Felise K as my standout star trialist a few years ago-didnt get game time with us.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I believe at the time nahla had said the club wanted to keep Smith but he signed with the Melbourne, so Chudleigh was re-signed.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I recall it slightly differently.
I think that if Smith had of stayed here, he may not be the player he is now. The move to Melb. took him out of his comfort zone. Of course nahla would be better qualified to comment on this.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think that if Smith had of stayed here, he may not be the player he is now. The move to Melb. took him out of his comfort zone.
Eh, maybe. He was killing it in 20s here, if he got a chance in first grade I’m sure he’d have done the same.