Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Pro's and Con's, will Green win us another premiership!!

donuts

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't think so. But it would be good to hear why others think he can...

Ok, firstly i don't want green to leave the club because i think he is a quality manager and whilst i don't think he will win us another premiership, i sincerely hope i'm proved wrong and that others are right.

Firstly, its very difficult to win 2 premierships in a row with the exactly the same players. Tell me another ball playing team that has done this!!!

Its human nature to drop off a bit because you have achieved the ultimate prize. I think last year was a great opportunity to give our youngsters more playing time and give them a run in a winning team and premiership players.

My biggest beef with last year is that we had next to zero new plays, it was exactly the same as 2015. Yes we won games because we had good players but we were predictable and one dimensional.

I had hoped that with the premiership in the bag that green would have let go of the shackles and introduce some more offloads and go wide early to make us more adventurous and difficult to predict. That is how we used to play, its how the raiders play now and they are great to watch. Yes the raiders havent won a premiership but our defense is much better and is probably the best thing about our team over the last few years.

Roll on 2017 and its the same as last year. With all or players fit this year then yes we would give the storm a run for their money but look at how they have adapted and changed and play more adventurous than a few years ago. I don't know what the storm are going to do each game day because they have so much variation, we don't, and thus we are to predictable.

We have the best forward in the league yet he hardly scores trys. If Lolo was at the storm he would easily have 10+ trys every season. Against the panthers he scored a try off Asata on an angled run. Why has it taken us 23 weeks to have him score a try like that and the assist coming from a prop?? he has seriously been underutilised and again comes back to the fact that we only play 1 way

Then last night we play ponga out of position and hampton at fullback - seriously!!

And when JT plays, 80% of the time he is delivering the final ball. Last year we had a string of 3-4 games were JT went one side as a dummy and coote & morgan swung the other side and made tries. that got me excited, but it didn't last long and we reverted to type.

I just want to see more variation & more excitement because coupled with our excellent attitude to defense I think we would win another premiership but will green make that happen, imo i don't think so...

Last edited:

donuts

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I will post my comments tmrw when I calm down and in a good position to articulate properly my thoughts!!!

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
If we improve our HPU, have no injuries and play with the same heart we are playing with right now, we'll win next year. Simple.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I will post my comments tmrw when I calm down and in a good position to articulate properly my thoughts!!!
Do you blame him for the last 3 weeks? Seems weird to make a thread about this with the injury toll we've had.

I think we would have gone close to winning it this year without injuries, IMO we've been playing with the most guts and composure of any Cowboys team in the last 3 months or so.

donuts

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Dream - one dimensional, to predictable but I have more to add

Mark - insure the broncos said the same thing after 2006

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Dream - one dimensional, to predictable but I have more to add
Lol. I don't know how you can even claim that when we haven't had a full strength squad all year.

If your comments tomorrow aren't exceptionally thougt provoking, I will post "f*** off c****" both here and in a direct message. So you better make it good.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think Green has completely revitalised the club's culture. Henry-era Cowboys would have thrown in the towel tonight.

The boys kept working for each other and showed pride in the shirt - something no other coach has been able to install in our team. It's very easy to criticise the coach when we're losing but Green isn't to blame.

donuts

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Think we would have gone close.... who actually thinks we will win another premiership under JT next year!

Hope rather than reality!!

donuts

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
You can revatilise a club, which green has done, but taking a club further after winning the main prize is a total different accomplishment altogether! I haven't seen green advance the team to a different level.... harsh, but fair!!

Ol mark, when green wins another premiership, you can say your right!! I'm guessing you're still in kindy!!

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
You can revatilise a club, which green has done, but taking a club further after winning the main prize is a total different accomplishment altogether! I haven't seen green advance the team to a different level.... harsh, but fair!!
Because the team had a premiership hangover, like every team for over 20 years and then a season where they lost nearly every player they had to injury?

You're really headed towards that direct message...

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
sure we had alot of injuries, but that 17 tonight was, different, for CG

cant wait to read your analysis on CG @donuts

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
So if we're sacking Green for JT's final year, who do we bring in to coach?

Random thoughts

Junior
Reaction score
Whatever green's currently doing is working IMO. Call me crazy but I've enjoyed our last few losses more than some wins in the past. We're playing United and with pride for the jersey. I wouldn't even write 2017 off yet. Cooper, coote and winterstein to hopefully come back. If we get through the games with no more injuries screwing up our interchange we may just come out the other side not only matching it but beating these "top" teams

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Sorry Donuts, but this thread gets a donut. Green is goat, years gone by an injury toll like this one gets us the spoon or very close to it - refer most recently to 2010 which we get an asterisk spoon (asterisk because Storm cash and boats and ho's and junk). In spite of these injuries, he has Morgan playing at peak halfback levels (even though he's 3/4 broken), still one finger (very shakey finger) on finals... again, and retaining and attracting top talent (refer Lolo as crown jewel of recruitment). 2018 we are the Storm - top shelf team with all our bad luck used up this year.

Donut thread.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Sorry Donuts, but this thread gets a donut. Green is goat, years gone by an injury toll like this one gets us the spoon or very close to it - refer most recently to 2010 which we get an asterisk spoon (asterisk because Storm cash and boats and ho's and junk). In spite of these injuries, he has Morgan playing at peak halfback levels (even though he's 3/4 broken), still one finger (very shakey finger) on finals... again, and retaining and attracting top talent (refer Lolo as crown jewel of recruitment). 2018 we are the Storm - top shelf team with all our bad luck used up this year.

Donut thread.
I dont think you can give CG most of the credit for Morgans form-Morgan has widely expressed other influences for the change in his footy this year

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Is this a f***ing joke?...............

The fact that we are still scoring points with the disruptions and adversity this season tells me that the Cowboys are very well coached.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk