Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Paulo

Ban or unban

• Unban

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Ban

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Give him 1 post per day

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Loves this place. Long time member. I'll give this poll 24 hours.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I believe in free speech. besides I have enjoyed Paulo's sense of humour. We should try to be big enough to " Lettuce see if we can overcome our bitchyness.

I believe he Woodant have said anything to upset the general flow of this forum, he only says what we all thought at various times, he is as passionate as our old friend Thommo and this place is sadly a little worse for his departure.

I have given a "Thumbs up for Paulo " and am prepared to say I have voted to unban him. To the mean and nasty who have gone the other way I would ask that you reconsider your vote as I believe you still have time to change.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
If the season keeps going the same way, we might need him to lace on some boots shortly. The good people of Hanover would like to see Paulo return.

rexy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Never minded Paulo's input , maybe just tone it down a bit in sheer volume to avoid pissing people off.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I thought he rage quit himself?

He has been liking posts all year, so I assumed he was still around.

He should be back, but can we word filter KP and Ponga? I don't really care for the Knights wooden spoon attempts, were giving a good enough shake as it is.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't mind paulo's posting back in the day and got plenty of laughs out of his unique way of writing but the last couple of years his posts took a more bitter turn and often resorted to ugliness.

If he's allowed to post again he needs to seriously rein back the volume and tone a bit, I don't have the time any more to micro manage him. Even with me doing that he still annoyed a lot of people constantly by repeating his thoughts over and over and replying to absolutely everything that was against his opinion and starting little spot fires I had to put out.

I think a lot of people left the site and stopped posting because of him and a couple of others and I think those we lost have started to slowly come back this year.

Last edited:

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I haven’t been round for the past few years but I always enjoyed Paulo whether I agreed with him or not. He was always good for a couple of lols.

There was another knob jockey a few years back who doesn’t seem to be posting now. Can’t remember his name but I’m sure everybody remembers the absolute drivel he produced on a regular basis. He was being pulled up by the mods regularly. Anyway Free Paulo!

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Now that that is settled. Has anybody got an issue with ' The Peaking Theory. "

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I don’t care really either way.

As long as he isn’t creating any extra work for the mods on here, I’m happy for him to be un-banned (honestly can’t say I even realised he was banned).

If he creates too much work for the moderators (who aren’t paid to do ANY work, mind you), then he needs to be gone. Simple.

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score
More than once since i started posting on this site has his garbage driven me back to just lurking. He's resorted to messaging people begging them to vote to unban him. Correct me if i'm wrong, but he's been banned more than once for his rubbish at this point right? I voted the 1 post per day option which i think is a fair probation for banned people to see if they can behave for a few months before unbanning them. But seriously if you do unban him and he does his usual shite PLEASE f*** him off for good.

Seeing half the posts in large threads be from just him arguing with people nearly killed this site.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
More than once since i started posting on this site has his garbage driven me back to just lurking. He's resorted to messaging people begging them to vote to unban him. Correct me if i'm wrong, but he's been banned more than once for his rubbish at this point right? I voted the 1 post per day option which i think is a fair probation for banned people to see if they can behave for a few months before unbanning them. But seriously if you do unban him and he does his usual shite PLEASE f*** him off for good.

Seeing half the posts in large threads be from just him arguing with people nearly killed this site.
If you don’t like seeing his posts, than utilise the ignore function.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
That doesn’t work properly unfortunately. You just see the responses to something you’ve ignored, so you don’t exactly avoid the issue. It just makes a bit less sense.

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score
Many threads were just unreadable with him blocked, since so many posts were directed at him. It made it hard to follow what the hell people were talking about. I ended up un-blocking him for that reason.

I hate the attitude that the ignore function fixes the problem. It's like when your at a bar and there's a loudmouth asshole causing a scene and people say to just ignore him. The mood of the place is shit while he's carrying on like that. Removing that type of person is the only way to make the place enjoyable for everyone else.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
I don’t understand how you can let one person effect your experience on an Internet forum? If you don’t value what he says, than don’t give him any attention? Don’t let some random on the internet upset you.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Make his forum name Nostrodamus, cos everything he said about last year is pretty well right.

Dont worry about lacing up the boots, he'll be in line for the coaching gig come round 20

If he mentions KP tho, fuk him lifetime ban ;););), we already know what we lost :argh::argh:

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Ban him or not, I don’t mind. I don’t need to come to this site and if goes back to the way it was then I don’t come back.

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score

He just messaged me again to change my vote from 1 post per day to unbanned. I changed it to Ban him.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He just messaged me again to change my vote from 1 post per day to unbanned. I changed it to Ban him.
Looking like the people have spoken. Pretty big swing so looks like the same tactics may have backfired with a few people. Probably for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.