Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Paul Green - OUT!

Should we head in a new direction by signing a new head coach?

• Total voters

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Lockyer is absolutely correct in his criticism of our forward pack. Blokes like Maclean, Bolton, Cooper and Scott all living off past glories and contributing very little. Hess dropping away from his previous trajectory, and Granville being off with the fairies with his direction from dummy half. As a whole they get physically dominated and embarrassed week in week out.

I welcome further outside criticism, because it needs to be said.
Nah, I'm not critisizing what he is saying, just the timing. We have been complaining for months, now, after one media personality said something, they are all of a sudden happy to speak their mind. If Lockyer was brave enough, he would have said something a while back. Wasn't like it wasn't obvious we had problems.

If people hadn't been giving greenie a free pass for so long, maybe change would/will come around sooner.

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I'd be giving Green the first six weeks of next season to turn things around. I think he is owed that much considering the amount of injuries we've been dealt with over the past two years. His attitude does need to change however surrounding his players and how he wants them to play... it's time to change things up, our structures have been the same since 2016.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I'd be giving Green the first six weeks of next season to turn things around. I think he is owed that much considering the amount of injuries we've been dealt with over the past two years. His attitude does need to change however surrounding his players and how he wants them to play... it's time to change things up, our structures have been the same since 2016.
Does he know how to change things up? Look at his recruitment. I’d argue he only knows one style.

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Does he know how to change things up? Look at his recruitment. I’d argue he only knows one style.
He can. It's just a matter of him cooling his ego down.

Suncoast cowboy

Junior
Reaction score
I really don't know
But there something toxic in the club
The whole shebang needs an overhaul
All aspects
Our recruitment and player development is woeful..
Storm should be the model..
Yeah the Ben Barba debacle was a massive kick in the guts..
But we got the 3rd choice storm fullback and he is our most dangerous looking..most likely to score back...
We have 3 feeder teams in the state league..
I know its a big gap but what's with some of the team selections?
Hess?...granville 80 minute man?
We have the talent but it's not coming through...
Here was I a few years back really happy that we were a consistent top 8 team...
Top 4 even..
And players would want to come and play for us...
The slide down has been rapid..
We're all pretty peeved at the moment
Love the club
But something is wrong
Changes are needed..

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Green has no faith in young players. Shows in his selection by not willing to stick with them. He doesn't do positives very much at all. They go a long way in building confidence in players. Said it before, the talent is there, he just can't access it.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Heard chinese whispers that because the Libs got in, we got denied $10m from Labor - allegedly some of that was going to be used to pay Green out.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Heard chinese whispers that because the Libs got in, we got denied $10m from Labor - allegedly some of that was going to be used to pay Green out.
Communist money to pay Green out. Sounds legit

Suncoast cowboy

Junior
Reaction score
Maybe we don't lose the coach then..
Just have a really good,long,hard look at the shit season that's been served up....
Get Clint Eastwood to do the review...
The good the bad the ugly era Clint..

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just have a really good,long,hard look at the shit season that's been served up....
Phil Gould

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Wayne Bennet looks a bit like current Clint Eastwood. He doesn't smile either.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I want him gone. The writing is on the wall already, cut and run now so we can send a message to potential recruits that we are making changes. Who would want to come here and play under Paul Green in 2020

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I never thought of Green as a winner when he was a player so I was quite surprised when it seemed like he was a good coach. Maybe he just got lucky after all.

bundy bear

Qld Cup Player
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Bring in Jason Demetriou (sorry if misspelt )

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Reporters keep going easy on him in press conferences, feeding the injuries and bad luck angles. Has anyone actually asked him a hard question? Does he ever have anyone pop his insulated bubble? He might not even be aware that he's a massive part of the problem, with everyone around him being supportive or quiet.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Green has got to go. Two seasons where we have been very bad. Not earning his cash at all.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Reporters keep going easy on him in press conferences, feeding the injuries and bad luck angles. Has anyone actually asked him a hard question? Does he ever have anyone pop his insulated bubble? He might not even be aware that he's a massive part of the problem, with everyone around him being supportive or quiet.
NQ based reporters are terrified of offending him and getting frozen out of the club. Rest of the country doesn't care.

Best you get is the odd talking head on NRL 360 or Triple M saying he should get sacked before quickly moving on

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
While I will not go as far as sacking Green, the economies of doing so, do not make that exercise worthwhile. Most Coaches are conservative and are anti risk taking.

But, what I do want to see and it is a real negative attitude to take, is to see us beaten badly in the rest of our games this year and for the Dragons to snare another win to cement us into 15th for the season.

Starting this afternoon I would like the Dragons to somehow find away to beat the Sharks which will give me double satisfaction as the Sharks are on my death wish for 2019.

By us finishing 15th for the season, only ahead of the Titans will hopefully get the Movers and Shakers in our Club hierarchy to sit down and do some thinking of " Where to from here "

Only, by a complete embarrassment of a season will some people accept the reality of where we are, " In a deep world of pain " and come up with a new direction. The last review we did in 2018 was a complete and utter disaster.

Back to the drawing board.