Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Paul Green - OUT!

Should we head in a new direction by signing a new head coach?

• Total voters

Desert Qlder

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Billy Moore is incorrect. Our forward pack are being steamrolled in defence, with enormous post contact metres conceded. In attack, teams are working Taumalolo over pretty well and the rest are nowhere to be seen.

Most of our problems start with the non-performance of the forward pack, but they seem immune to criticism. Much easier to pin everything on the rookie halfback.

Accountability at its finest.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Think outside the box......
Would Billy slater like a chief coaching job, with JT as assistant.
Get rid of hannay, he's a slug

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
I formally retract this.
Watching donkeys v storm its pretty obvious by his commentary Slater has rescinded his NQ citizenship, he's a bona fide mexican now......he's lost to the dark side

God fmd thaiday is stoned

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
And it's not just the forwards... Backs don't make the big metres to help them out. I don't think any one player or group of players can be singled out. Only one player can be singled out and thats JT. Always good. Just watching storm handle broncos. Its hard to believe we play in the same league atm. Whole team keeps structure and are always moving. Very fit and well drilled.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
I formally retract this.
Watching donkeys v storm its pretty obvious by his commentary Slater has rescinded his NQ citizenship, he's a bona fide mexican now......he's lost to the dark side

God fmd thaiday is stoned

Is that what it is? I thought he was getting punch drunk.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
And it's not just the forwards... Backs don't make the big metres to help them out. I don't think any one player or group of players can be singled out. Only one player can be singled out and thats JT. Always good. Just watching storm handle broncos. Its hard to believe we play in the same league atm. Whole team keeps structure and are always moving. Very fit and well drilled.
C##ts
Maybe we need their assistant coach, whoever the fck that is

Woody

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
C##ts
Maybe we need their assistant coach, whoever the fck that is

Kevin Walters used to be the assistant coach at Melbourne so be careful what you wish for.

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I said early in the year that Paul Green would prosper elsewhere.

Wanting to move on from him as coach is not a personal slight against him. He has been great for the club and has an honoured place in it's history.
I think he had a single, Championship-winning game-plan/style. He spent a few years perfecting it; got a little luck with no injuries and it worked. By the next season, his plan had been worked out, countered and nullified. I don't think he has anything else up his sleeve. He should have David Kirked it in 2015.

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Tbf, Feldty and Opacic have been pretty effective in making meters recently. The tigers game didnt go so well for Opacic, but Feldty make 150+ i think.

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I don’t agree with sacking the coach and that was confirmed the moment I read Daley and Webster said he should go.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don’t agree with sacking the coach and that was confirmed the moment I read Daley and Webster said he should go.
For some reason I had formed the opinion an long time ago that I would take the opposite case for whatever Daley was proposing. I hardly ever find myself agreeing with him.

So, I guess I agree with Ianc. A new Coach is not going to fix this Club's problems. We just had a major review last year, so Lancini and Co knew their were problems and set out to review and fix. We are now back in the same position or worse. Lancini does not like to be at the forefront and prefers to work in the background if what I have heard is true.

I have no doubts he will be looking at this with interest to see what they did with the review was wrong and what the next step is. He will take a business approach to this.

Also, On another note, are the Cowboy's a Community Club, that meaning not owned by some individual owners. I believed they are but a reference I saw just bought a slight doubt.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The review conducted by Parr (our head of football) clearly hasn't worked. If something has to change he has to go as well. I don't think you can sack Green without getting rid of Parr as well in this situation.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Didn't we also perform poorly when Parr was CEO, perhaps he shouldnt have any involvement with the day to day running of the team, other than being the drummer for thenteam song.

I sort of agree that they cant get rid of green, for 2 reasons, 1 being financial & 2 who do you get to replace him. I'm not convinced that being a good assistant equates to being a good first grade coach.

One thing is for certain though, if things dont change drastically next year, the club will lose supporters hand over fist. They must already be concerned about dropping membership as ive had a number of emails & they even rang swmbo as to why her membership wasnt renewed this year & offering enticements for next year.

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
The review conducted by Parr (our head of football) clearly hasn't worked. If something has to change he has to go as well. I don't think you can sack Green without getting rid of Parr as well in this situation.
Reviews imo should be done by somebody outside of the club who has no affiliations.

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Demetriou's resume per Wikipedia is interesting reading:

Can't deny that's an impressive record, must be due an NRL shot
He built a pretty strong, cohesive team at the Pride. Taking that success with him to multiple jobs is a pretty good indicator that he's not just falling into a luck role. Green was a rookie coach when he joined the Cows after a very successful stint at Wynnum.

I'd be 100% behind Demetriou as head coach with some experience in his assistant coaches.

I'd also be disgusted if we hired Flanagan after his cheating. I'd rather love a team that loses than hate a team that wins. At the moment I'm not loving our team / culture AND we're losing.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He built a pretty strong, cohesive team at the Pride. Taking that success with him to multiple jobs is a pretty good indicator that he's not just falling into a luck role. Green was a rookie coach when he joined the Cows after a very successful stint at Wynnum.

I'd be 100% behind Demetriou as head coach with some experience in his assistant coaches.

I'd also be disgusted if we hired Flanagan after his cheating. I'd rather love a team that loses than hate a team that wins. At the moment I'm not loving our team / culture AND we're losing.
I would too, but I'd come around quickly after a few wins if it was to happen. Remember when that cock Willie Mason played for us 1 season. He was actually one of best forwards on the field, wanted him to play well wearing the jersey. Anyway, can't see it happenin.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
I would too, but I'd come around quickly after a few wins if it was to happen. Remember when that cock Willie Mason played for us 1 season. He was actually one of best forwards on the field, wanted him to play well wearing the jersey. Anyway, can't see it happenin.
The McGuire principle. Can stand the fact that he was going to play for us, until he started playing.

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Paul Green is a good coach, unfortunately for him and unfortunately for us, he's overstayed his welcome.