Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Paul Green - OUT!

Should we head in a new direction by signing a new head coach?

• Total voters

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I am suddenly nostalgic about a Neil Henry named 17... at least you knew the tactical genius would mix things up on game day :) lol

Suncoast cowboy

Junior
Reaction score
How about the Walker brothers?
A...they are Qld'ers
B...they coach attacking football
C...they will pick the squad based on form
D....I'm sick of Green

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Walker brothers are stubborn with the style of play they coach..no thx.

Coach Thurston??

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Walker brothers are stubborn with the style of play they coach..no thx.

Coach Thurston??
I wouldn't want Thurston (or Thumper) to destroy their legacies as dud coaches for us. I think they'd be better off as assistants or consultants.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
A...they are Qld'ers
D....I'm sick of Green
I wouldn't mind watching that experiment in the NRL, I wouldn't want it to be tested on our club though.

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Thurston would be fun as a interim coach. Not ready for a full time gig but if they sack Green and need to look for a long-term replacement give JT the reins for a bit. Worked for Morris at the Sharks.

Bass Player

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I'm not sure Thurston is a coach. His intensity, internalised, is his greatest asset. That doesn't work for most and I'm not convinced someone so focussed has the capacity to adopt other styles. It has a place, but not at the top.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Can't see Thurston wanting to coach. Most of the great players of late have avoided it like a plague as they don't want to taint their legacy. Though that being said most of them do a pretty good job of that by being in the media lol

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
JT was so good that he dominated the NRL on the back on determination, work ethic and skill. These qualities are not necessarily teachable.

Cooper Cronk had to educate himself how to play the game, and excelled in league through thinking and developing plans.

Cronk would make a better coach than JT based on the above.

But JT does not need to be an NRL coach. He is going to do even bigger thing off the field than he did on it.

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
JT was so good that he dominated the NRL on the back on determination, work ethic and skill. These qualities are not necessarily teachable.

Cooper Cronk had to educate himself how to play the game, and excelled in league through thinking and developing plans.

Cronk would make a better coach than JT based on the above.

But JT does not need to be an NRL coach. He is going to do even bigger thing off the field than he did on it.
Since we are fantasizing, Cronk and Slater duo. Slater is a Jedi knight, he can see whats happening before it has unfolded.

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Craig Fitzgibbon, assistant coach at the Roosters. Very hard trainer, wouldn't take any bullshit. Fix the defence right up.. the attack will come off the back of that, with the likes of Drinkwater, Holmes, Morgan, Masters and Robson.

I said a while ago Shane Flanagan. He would bring out the toughness in the squad. He does like an aging roster tho.... bought some good footy out of Lewis, Gal, Ennis ect. even tho they were rep players.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
The jury is still out on how well he will be, but I quite like hearing John Morris in interviews (that is saying something as I hate the Sharks!). He seems very knowledgeable of the game, relatable to his players and doesn't have the unbearable ego of many of the games other coaches.

Revivous

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
A...they are Qld'ers
D....I'm sick of Green
No, no no and more no. I've worked with them, unless you're super keen on having the most hated club in the league, we should steer well clear. After one prem, they averaged 7th.