Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Paul Green - OUT!

Should we head in a new direction by signing a new head coach?

• Total voters

Chapdog

Junior
Reaction score
f*** sake green if you do read this. Let cooper go ....

and don’t tell me you need experience out there you got pumped by a team with a average age of 24

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think it's obvious Paul Green must read this forum if he wants to save his career
Be careful what you wish for Jordan. People who are stubborn become more stubborn in the face of criticism.

HFC_Cowboy

Junior
Reaction score
My English club, Hull FC, have just parted ways with their coach. It was a remarkably similar situation to the Cowboys, with the coach having been allowed to trade on past glories for too long. A poor start to this season finally put paid to him.

It looks like the NRL's later start and the virus is going to save Green for a while yet though.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Jason Demetriou was the man. Always was. Let that one slip unfortunately

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Besides forced changes, O’Neil concussion-he must have nightmares about playing now...One sickening hit. After the other..do you reckon Coach Green will say next week, same team, give them a chance to redeem themselves

LoloMolo

L
At this point in time Green is just hurting his legacy at the club and leaving a foul taste in supporters mouths.

For a man that helped deliver the region its first premiership, I find myself increasingly frustrated and even a touch angry anytime I see PG in an interview or on TV from the 3 years of shit we’ve endured.

He’s completely lost me. This was the off season he was supposed to change after nearly 3 years of mediocrity - and he hasn’t. He’s picking the same plodders week in, week out while promising youngsters are continuously snubbed. Our attack is the same, stale, predictable shit that it’s been the last 3 years. Even with the addition of creative players like Drinky and Holmes in the side, they’re stuck in a structure that sides have a read on before we even call the play.

Paul - if you’re reading this, please f*** off. You’ve taken this club back to the 90’s and early 00’s. Watching my club no longer is an escape or release for me that gives me genuine joy or happiness. I have nothing but frustration, anger and resentment when I watch this side now. And it’s all because you’re stuck in your ways and refusal to be fluid in your approach to coaching. This guys answer to three years of failure was not to change his approach and reinvent our attack, but to get the players to camp out overnight on the f***ing field of our new stadium. WTF

Last edited by a moderator:

aqua

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Green needs to go along with cooper, Granville ,oniel , Jensen and Hampton to name a few. It's 2020 not 2015 alot has changed.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
At this point in time Green is just hurting his legacy at the club and leaving a foul taste in supporters mouths.

For a man that helped deliver the region its first premiership, I find myself increasingly frustrated and even a touch angry anytime I see PG in an interview or on TV from the 3 years of shit we’ve endured.

He’s completely lost me. This was the off season he was supposed to change after nearly 3 years of mediocrity - and he hasn’t. He’s picking the same plodders week in, week out while promising youngsters are continuously snubbed. Our attack is the same, stale, predictable shit that it’s been the last 3 years. Even with the addition of creative players like Drinky and Holmes in the side, they’re stuck in a structure that sides have a read on before we even call the play.

Paul - if you’re reading this, please f*** off. You’ve taken this club back to the 90’s and early 00’s. Watching my club no longer is an escape or release for me that gives me genuine joy or happiness. I have nothing but frustration, anger and resentment when I watch this side now. And it’s all because you’re stuck in your ways and refusal to be fluid in your approach to coaching. This guys answer to three years of failure was not to change his approach and reinvent our attack, but to get the players to camp out overnight on the f***ing field of our new stadium. WTF
I wonder if he will still be picking his favourites in 2021 and 2022?

aqua

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Any decent coaches out their that could replace green ?

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I think they have all been snapped up. Who would you normally look for? Maybe someone behind Bellamy, Trent Robinson and Bennett in a pinch. But I think the good ones are all accounted for.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Flanagan in a couple of years when Greens contract is up......

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Flanagan in a couple of years when Greens contract is up......
Oh gosh no. ASADA and salary cap controversies aside, I never liked his coaching or attitude. There was a time I hated the Sharks more than any team in the league because they played one of the dirtiest/grubbiest forms of NRL I ever recall. They grubbed and cheated their way to a premiership only Sharks fans could be happy about.

LoloMolo

L
Geoff Toovey after a job still? Have always liked him. Thought he was unfairly sacked by Manly. Had quite a good record there despite not winning a premiership.

fanfromsingapore

Junior
Reaction score
Geoff Toovey after a job still? Have always liked him. Thought he was unfairly sacked by Manly. Had quite a good record there despite not winning a premiership.
Geoff Toovey was a guy who played with a lot of heart. He might have got a raw deal at Manly. He is still coaching at the Bradford Bulls?

By the way, wikipedia has his height listed at 168cm. How many 168cm first grade players are there these days? For goodness sake, reduce the number of interchanges to bring the small man back into the game.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
God can we please not get some wash out member of the old guard who got sacked from their last club. New ideas please.

aqua

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
If the season is going to be suspended like they are talking about I think it's the perfect time to move on from green if their is a better option out their.