Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Paul Green - OUT!

Should we head in a new direction by signing a new head coach?

• Total voters

Jenko

Junior
Reaction score
Quite Simply
Look at our structures football style and in the end results
We need a change

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Its disappointing as after those first couple of years it looked like he was going to be our version of Craig Bellamy. These days though, we just look stale and largely disinterested for long periods of games. We're actually not playing too much differently to what we did in 2017 either - we only won 5 of our last 6 of the regular season. We faded in and out of a lot of games with the occasional bit of Morgo brilliance. That grand final was the worst thing that could've happened to us in hindsight.

I think we'd all be a bit more tolerable if the team's deficiencies were acknowledged by the coach, but it seems he's either oblivious or in denial. Almost like Darius Boyd commenting that he felt his own form was good. Green/Parr/Lancini/ whoever picks the team picks it on reputation and the amount of rep games they've played. There has been no real attempt to evolve this team which is the most disappointing part.

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Coach Green please note: Penrith coach Ivan Cleary has swung the axe and dropped two Senior players...........

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Cleary is hardly the measuring stick for coaches though. He's terrible - forged out a career being Gus' puppet and now riding on the coattails of his son.

It could always be worse I suppose.

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Cleary is hardly the measuring stick for coaches though. He's terrible - forged out a career being Gus' puppet and now riding on the coattails of his son.

What, like looking in the Cows paddock?

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
What, like looking in the Cows paddock?
There really isn't a lot of talented coaches out there. Most of them are crap unfortunately. Who do you think we should target?

Woolf or Demitriou would be my picks, but are both unproven so could go either way. And like I said previously, if Green goes then Parr should follow. I'm not a fan of this head of football model. The coach should have full control of everything in terms of team selection, strategy and recruitment imo. I just have a funny feeling there are other people influencing things. The head office and football side of things should be entirely separate. Parr's role just seems to be a method of the powers at be to meddle into what is happening on field.

Reactions: CC

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score

Agreed. Though I do commend his post game interview last week. He was absolutely dejected after their appalling performance, and immediately stated that changes will finally be made. A far cry from the #notfaroff bullshit we get with Green.

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score
There really isn't a lot of talented coaches out there. Most of them are crap unfortunately. Who do you think we should target?

Woolf or Demitriou would be my picks, but are both unproven so could go either way. And like I said previously, if Green goes then Parr should follow. I'm not a fan of this head of football model. The coach should have full control of everything in terms of team selection, strategy and recruitment imo. I just have a funny feeling there are other people influencing things. The head office and football side of things should be entirely separate. Parr's role just seems to be a method of the powers at be to meddle into what is happening on field.
Plus none of the top coaches or top assistants looking for the top job will come to a club where they don't have full control of the team. Why would they?

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
From what I've read, it varies club to club in how much control coaches have over the football department.

I think maybe coaches having full control over the footbal department is an old school way of doing things and these days there are usually many more people involved in making the decisions. Here's an article with Gould talking about how Griffin was old school because he wanted to do everything himself - https://outline.com/De4Spb

Last edited:

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
At the moment its pure conjecture as to how much control/say people other than Paul Green have on the club in terms of coaching. Ultimately the buck stops with Paul. We all sung his praises during our successes, so I don’t see why it should be any different when we start to criticise him after the crap that has been dished up over the last 2 years.

samuraipolice

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
If we don't make finals this year Green is gonski. Wonder who could replace him?

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It’s hard to defend him with the current team selections. None of us can honestly comment as to what goes on behind the scenes as we all have NFI what goes on, but team selection and the onfield product of late is f***ing rubbish and they are both his responsibility.

Last edited:

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think he needs to go, we need a freshen up. True that we don't know what goes on behind the curtain but in my view it's clear the players aren't putting in for him anymore and the results speak for themselves every weekend.

What actually concerns me is that the real rot might be behind the scenes (Mr Parr? Mr Lancini?) and we're going to move along a coach with a proven record of success while not fixing the actual problems that led us down this road in the first place. But there's nothing we can do about that from the peanut gallery

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score