Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Paul Green - OUT!

Should we head in a new direction by signing a new head coach?

• Total voters

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Green will have his reasons - none of us are at the cold-face. Molo is a fantastic impact player and when he comes on, he'll be going up against guys who are green as.

Greens got my vote at the moment, but the Hampton call has me scratching a bit.

This is precisely what gets to me about most coaches in the NRL. They seem to go more with the evidence on the training paddock rather than evidence on in nrl games. We the fans can only see the latter, yet, coaches seem to so often ignore that evidence we see.

I would take form in games well before form in training with the exception being professionalism/attitude at training. Anybody can look a star in an easier training situation.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Green will have his reasons - none of us are at the cold-face. Molo is a fantastic impact player and when he comes on, he'll be going up against guys who are green as.

Greens got my vote at the moment, but the Hampton call has me scratching a bit.
What is the cold face? Is that why Green is making all these crazy selection decisions? His brain has frozen from being at the cold face?

Billythefish

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I think this year is put up or shut up time for Green. He hasnt lost me yet, but he needs to start ushering out the old guard if they dont perform.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think this year is put up or shut up time for Green. He hasnt lost me yet, but he needs to start ushering out the old guard if they dont perform.
The thing that gets me is Matty Bowen didn't get the treatment JT, Thumper, Coops etc did. Parr and co made one of the hardest decisions they had to make (with Mango), but they've gone too soft in their later years letting other club legends name their retirements and keep raking in the good dollars.

I happen to know that Mango was also criminally underpaid by the club for many years. My theory is they knew he was a local guy who wouldn't leave or they just took his talents for granted.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Hasn’t lost you yet? Were you in a coma for 2018 and 19?

rexy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Paul Green would be one of the real winners if the season is cancelled. A bit of a stay of execution and will probably get re-signed on the back of our Nines victory.
The most successful coach in a competition in 2020.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He has 4 weeks to save his career in my opinion. We play the Broncos again in Round 5

If there is not drastic improvement he simply has to go, no more excuses.

LoloMolo

L
f*** Green. We knew as outsiders that the side named on tuesday couldn’t do the job. This guy is incompetent. Our attack is near identical to what it was last. You can’t teach and old dog new tricks. f*** off green. You’ve taken us to the highest of highs, and now you’ve dragged us through the lowest of lows. Please leave.

Bernster

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I for one am calling it. Green is gone skis as soon as LL is gone

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think it's obvious Paul Green must read this forum if he wants to save his career