Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Paul Green - OUT!

Should we head in a new direction by signing a new head coach?

• Total voters

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
nah, just the ‘professional athletes whom get remunerated quite well to actually perform and have bosses that don’t play up with their subordinates on the piss forum’ would suffice.
Ahhhh but it's called bonding, that integral part of Australia's sporting culture, whether it's red cordial and mixed lollies with the under 8's or beer & bongs with the big boys, as a nation we've thrived on the notion that the most important part of any sporting team is to go feral with the team & stiff shit if it hinders performance or relationships "we did it for the team"

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
You're both Straw-manning a bit, talking in extremes to illustrate your points; and they're well-made. But it is possible to do both. You can be professional and have a few beers*, or even a proper session. In fact, I think it's essential to do both, you can't really have one without the other in some form.

*Or vice of your choice, including irreverent behaviour while sober.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
You're both Straw-manning a bit, talking in extremes to illustrate your points; and they're well-made. But it is possible to do both. You can be professional and have a few beers*, or even a proper session. In fact, I think it's essential to do both, you can't really have one without the other in some form.

*Or vice of your choice, including irreverent behaviour while sober.
Yeah, I know. If I was a player or support staff I would have been hitting the piss way earlier in the season. :D

It was well wrecked before these last few weeks.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh but it's called bonding, that integral part of Australia's sporting culture, whether it's red cordial and mixed lollies with the under 8's or beer & bongs with the big boys, as a nation we've thrived on the notion that the most important part of any sporting team is to go feral with the team & stiff shit if it hinders performance or relationships "we did it for the team"

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Well, you aren’t wrong.

Isn’t that the main story you hear about why no one likes Michael Clarke? Wouldn’t have beers with the boys, so he’s a prick (probably more to it than that, but that’s always the story I’ve heard/read).

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Cowboys’ director of football Peter Parr has thrown his full support behind Green and Morgan

COWBOYS director of football Peter Parr believes Paul Green and Michael Morgan are the pairing to lead the club into a new era.

With the arrival of the North Queensland Stadium next season, and the impending arrival of a new Cowboys headquarters and ‘centre of excellence’ training facility in future seasons, Parr said it feels like the dawn of a new era.

And despite media reports of a rift forming between the pairing, Parr wants Green and Morgan at the helm of the ship.

Green and Morgan’s relationship has come under the spotlight after News Corp revealed the pair were engaged in a heated discussion at a club function after the hefty loss to the Knights just over a week ago.

The suggestion was Morgan had believed Green was questioning his leadership of the team.

But the Cowboys captain came out firing at the speculation yesterday suggesting the conversation had been taken out of context.

“Myself and Greeny have many discussions about many different things and someone may have heard something or misinterpreted something that they thought had something to it,” Morgan said.

“My relationship with Greeny is a very good one and we have no problems at all.

“It wasn’t at all (about my leadership). What part of the discussion they took out of it, I am not sure.

“What Greeny and I discuss is between us, and for it to be taken the way it was, it is false.”

Parr was similarly on the front foot when questioned by the Townsville Bulletin about the rising speculation, and suggested it had been given “too much airtime”.

The Cowboys football boss, who has been with the club for 18 years and through five coaches, believes Green is the one to lead the club in 2020 with his captain beside him.

“I think that everybody is so quick to judge in the modern world. I think a coach and a captain are entitled to have any conversation they like whether it be good, bad or indifferent,” he said.

“It is an important relationship and they both need to have an opinion on different things and that is not always going to be the same, you wouldn’t want it to be.

“It has got more airplay than it should have got. Everything I see between those two is nothing but cordial and nothing but a positive relationship, so I see no problem in it.”

Morgan also backed the embattled coach to be the man for the job next season and beyond despite the club on the eve of closing out a second-straight season from hell.

“I definitely do. Because of the season we have had, those questions get thrown out there by other people but it is certainly not in house,” he said.

“When there is something to talk about the Cowboys this year, it has often been negative. But I certainly think Greeny is the right coach to turn us around next year.

https://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/cowboys/cowboys-director-of-football-peter-parr-has-thrown-his-full-support-behind-green-and-morgan/news-story/b12856e00a3aba58e6533a48971e31a0

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I welcome our new coach for season 2020........

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Lol we really are in a bad way at the moment. The board is supporting everyone. We're sinking faster than the titanic

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Well, everyone on this forum has my full support. I am looking forward to another successful year of posting in 2020... just saying.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
I'd love to see Jason Demetriou back here, Mole just put up an article saying that St. Helens went after him and was told he will be coaching Souths within a few years. They've nabbed Kristian Woolf instead.

DEMETRIOU HOLDING OUT FOR SOUTHS JOB

Kristian Woolf has got the nod for the plum St Helens job - but my mail is he wasn't the Saints' first choice.

The Saints were keen on Wayne Bennett's right-hand man at Souths: Jason Demetriou.

Demetriou is a first-grade coach in waiting and my mail is that he does much of the day-to-day coaching at the Rabbitohs, while Bennett is more concerned with 'man management' and dealing with the media and board.

Demetriou is being earmarked as Bennett's replacement at Souths and didn't throw his hat into the ring at St Helens. The only question is; when will the 69-year-old Bennett hang up the clipboard?

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Love the confidence that we are heading for a new era based on absolutely no foundation. Apparently a new stadium is going to help our playing roster and style of player. LOL.

Why is Green the coach to turn things around? He stays and we are in the exact same position next season.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Woolf will be coaching knights the next couple of weeks.
ah I love it.

We might be a shit fight but they’re even more of a shit fight. They’re a leech on the game that club.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Woolf will be coaching knights the next couple of weeks.
Soon we won't just be rueing the players we've let go to other clubs - it'll be coaches too (if we aren't already).

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Love the confidence that we are heading for a new era based on absolutely no foundation. Apparently a new stadium is going to help our playing roster and style of player. LOL.

Why is Green the coach to turn things around? He stays and we are in the exact same position next season.

Yeah I don't really have a whole lot of confidence that things are going to change tbh. Despite getting the win last week I don't think our approach has changed despite the season being over. Hola and Cotter were only there due to injury and suspension. It was the perfect opportunity to give Molo the reward of a starting jersey after a really strong year but was overlooked. Just the constant conservative approach we've become so used to seeing from Green.

Let's hope we have something other than the new stadium up our sleeves in order to play well. The Broncos lost 7 of their first 8 games at Suncorp in the 2003 season after it was redeveloped. Opposition teams will come here intent on spoiling the party - I don't think the wins will come as easy as Parr might think.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Probably as simple as we aren't in a position financially to sack him yet. They are rolling the dice on another year in the hopes he can turn it around and we won't be stuck paying out a fat contract.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
if we go shit again to start the year, i’d say he’ll be done by origin.That means we’re only paying out 50% of year 2 of the contract and 100% of the 3rd.

I don’t want to see him axed, I wanna see the coach that we first got into the club, the one who gave some cast offs and young kids a crack, the one that told our blokes to stop sooking when shit doesn’t go our way. It’s been 2 years since us mug punters in the stands have seen this coach, I want that little f****r back and firing our fan base up again.