Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Options for Streaming of Cowboys games?

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Ok guys. I need some help to look at the options I will have available to me to Stream some of the Cowboys games.
In the past, I have had a lot of help and support but it is now time to turn over a new leaf, become an honest man and check out the various official Streaming options, even if that means I have to support Murdoch.

Thanks

Pete

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Dream and Desert Qlder. Has the NRL Stream been discontinued. While I can see I will have a two week trial with Kayo, do you know if I can stream it
from my computer to the TV like I could do previously.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dream and Desert Qlder. Has the NRL Stream been discontinued. While I can see I will have a two week trial with Kayo, do you know if I can stream it
from my computer to the TV like I could do previously.
What was your previous method? You should be able to just hook it up with a hdmi cable.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yes Dream. I just hooked it up with the HDMI cable so the rest of the family could watch it also on the large screen.
I believe with the NRL pass that was not possible, hence my question. Never known Murdoch or Telstra for that matter to give somebody an even break.
A 14 day free trial will sort that question out I guess.

ps.
You still looking for extra Donors.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Yes Dream. I just hooked it up with the HDMI cable so the rest of the family could watch it also on the large screen.
I believe with the NRL pass that was not possible, hence my question. Never known Murdoch or Telstra for that matter to give somebody an even break.
A 14 day free trial will sort that question out I guess.

ps.
You still looking for extra Donors.
I haven't tried it with a TV yet but tried it on a computer monitor with HDMI so it should work fine.

I'll never say no to a donation, I have seen a few people have attempted to make them though and they haven't gone through. Working on a new version of the site with everything updated and a new donation system which will hopefully work more reliably. Will put out the call again once the new site is up (hopefully before the season begins).

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So I guess you got it onto your mobile first and then onto your monitor. That way you would have more mobility with it. I will do some more research. thanks.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
buy an apple tv box and stream it from your iphone.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
While we’re in geek talk.

Can you ‘record’ games on with these streaming options. So if you’re at the ground and then come home and watch the replay??

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
While we’re in geek talk.

Can you ‘record’ games on with these streaming options. So if you’re at the ground and then come home and watch the replay??
Kayo has everything on demand - no recording necessary it's automatically archived and can be played whenever.

I'm not actually sure if 100% of the content is archived but I have never went looking for something and it wasn't available.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I believe it’s all archived BDR. Think of netflix for sports and that’s what Kayo is. I’ll be getting it once GOT finishes and I can cut foxtel completely away.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, that sounds perfect.

Thanks for the info.
I’m with your Beaves, locked in until GOT is done. Then kayo could be the go.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. Another question. Should I get it for my Android Mobile and then cast it to the TV or will it be better to get it on my Laptop and then recast to the TV.
The Mobile gives me more options but is their a trade off between the two. A two weeks trial for me and the other option for my wife should tell me what I require but Interested to hear your thoughts.
The fact it is only $25 a month and no contract helps if the option chosen is not satisfactory. I am thinking at this stage to get it for my mobile first and see what transpires.

Pete

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. Another question. Should I get it for my Android Mobile and then cast it to the TV or will it be better to get it on my Laptop and then recast to the TV.
The Mobile gives me more options but is their a trade off between the two. A two weeks trial for me and the other option for my wife should tell me what I require but Interested to hear your thoughts.
The fact it is only $25 a month and no contract helps if the option chosen is not satisfactory. I am thinking at this stage to get it for my mobile first and see what transpires.

Pete
You can use the one account on both mobile and PC Pete - you don't have to choose

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Thanks BDR. I knew I could depend on you to help me work this out. Cheers.

ps
Thumbs up to all who replied, I really appreciate it. This Forum is a great back up for me up as I know you younger guys are tuned into this I,T. stuff.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Bit the bullet. Signed up to the two week free trial. Had a few issues sorting it out, but nearly all systems GO now.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
good to hear mate. Let us know how you go and if you have any more issues , just throw them in here and someone will help you out.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Thanks BEAVES.
Everything is going better then I expected. I have it both on my Mobile and Laptop. Haven't tried to use the HDMI cord yet for the TV. Waiting to get to the TV . Nearly have to make a booking a week in advance here. Cowboy games are non negotiable though.

The main issue is going to be the Internet speed. No NBN here and our speed is normally around the 5 - 6 mpbs but can drop to around 3 and with a high of about 9 on a good day.

Now to experiment to see if I can log on another Computer and if both will receive at the same time. Also have to see how to put on TV from my Samsung Mobile. All good so far though.

Think this Kayo might be the real deal except for the Luddite Copper Wire.