Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Offseason discussion thread

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It seems reckless to plunge everyone slap bang in the centre of the concentration of the epidemic. Especially as we know someone, loads in fact, are going to bypass security at some point, in or out.

Let 'em sneak out in Roma. Fine.
There is a cruise ship at Port Kembla they could use for accommodation.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I’m not bothered by the Nrl going back to one ref.
Some are too obsessed with getting every call right.
The 2nd ref doesn’t just take care of the ruck, they always end up having their say on other things.
One ref should have total control and have support on the sidelines-touch judges.
The one ref May miss a few calls, offside etc, but perhaps the players need to get away with some things, test the ref at times.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
The 2nd ref doesn’t just take care of the ruck, they always end up having their say on other things.
One ref should have total control and have support on the sidelines-touch judges.
The one ref May miss a few calls, offside etc, but perhaps the players need to get away with some things, test the ref at times.
If this is about cost cutting, then what does the Bunker offer that the video ref didn't already offer?

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If this is about cost cutting, then what does the Bunker offer that the video ref didn't already offer?
Yeah video ref in Qcup does a good enough job.
The Bunker is to try and appease the sticklers, get every call right, but they still don’t get every call right and slow the game down heaps-Joey doesn’t like how long the players get a break, get their breath back

I’d say the operating costs of bunker aren’t really that much, maybe they can scale back a bit.

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don’t think one ref will be physically able to keep pace with an 80 minute game.
Hasn’t it been shown that with fatigue comes mistakes!

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
I don’t think one ref will be physically able to keep pace with an 80 minute game.
Hasn’t it been shown that with fatigue comes mistakes!
They will be able to easily. They don’t tackle and they are full time pros who are in excellent shape.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
They will be able to easily. They don’t tackle and they are full time pros who are in excellent shape.
Don't worry, the Melbourne Storm will generously help out the refs by slowing down the ruck. Cameron Smith will even have a chat to the ref throughout the game to give the ref a rest, and enable the TV networks to fit in some more commercials.