Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Offseason discussion thread

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
17 ffs. Legally of age. But come on!
Grown men should be leaving high school girls of age alone whilst they complete an important formative stage of their lives. Still there would be plenty of incidences of this happening and the pair enjoying a healthy relationship into the future.

My main problem with it is the high school visit aspect. These players are trusted to go into these schools and act professionally. It’s disgusting how Okunbor has breached this trust.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
You'd think it'd be easy enough picking up at a nightclub being an NRL player rather than having to resort to going after school girls.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
My main problem with it is the high school visit aspect. These players are trusted to go into these schools and act professionally. It’s disgusting how Okunbor has breached this trust.
YES!!!!!

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If they were going to marry the girls, fine.
But the skeptical side of me thinks the boys didn't have marriage in mind-were only going to use the girls, for their amusement and then never see them again :bored:

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'd like to be at the game to see how the crowd reacts to someone coughing all night

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
It's the same as being a teacher, you just can't do it. School kids are off limits. Particularly if you are there working (volunteer or payed).
It is considered an imbalance of power. Teachers can also get disciplined if they have a relationship with an ex-student. I cannot remember how long that applies for. All fair enough.

fanfromsingapore

Junior
Reaction score
If they were going to marry the girls, fine.
But the skeptical side of me thinks the boys didn't have marriage in mind-were only going to use the girls, for their amusement and then never see them again :bored:
If they had only just met the girls, a marriage proposal may be premature . Dating provides an opportunity for both people to work out if they have found their future life partner.

I don't have a problem if they returned to the hotel room to play a board game or watch an appropriate netflix movie.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If they had only just met the girls, a marriage proposal may be premature . Dating provides an opportunity for both people to work out if they have found their future life partner.

I don't have a problem if they returned to the hotel room to play a board game or watch an appropriate netflix movie.
Sorry, I rushed to judge the boys.
The boys do have alot of choice, with the ladies, so do need to date a few, to make the right choice.
And Netflix and chill is synonymous with dating culture-youre right-boys could have just had that in mind.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Just saying on 7 news that potentially this weekend maybe the last game spectators will be allowed at NRL games for some time.
WTF happens to the season membership if we can't attend games.
I can see magic round being cancelled

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just saying on 7 news that potentially this weekend maybe the last game spectators will be allowed at NRL games for some time.
WTF happens to the season membership if we can't attend games.
I can see magic round being cancelled

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Doubt you'll get any money back. I reckon it would be covered by this 'act of god' clause

https://www.cowboys.com.au/membership/terms-and-conditions/

63. We are not the owners or operators of Queensland Country Bank Stadium. We do not make any representation or warranty that your seat at the stadium (whether reserved or unreserved) will be unaffected by weather events or other ‘acts of God’, such as rain, storms or flooding that may occur before, during or after a game or event. You acknowledge and agree that weather events and ‘acts of God’ are beyond our control and may impact on your enjoyment of, or ability to watch, an event or game. We do not offer refunds for such weather events or ‘acts of God’.

Mark O Mac

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Doubt you'll get any money back. I reckon it would be covered by this 'act of god' clause

https://www.cowboys.com.au/membership/terms-and-conditions/

63. We are not the owners or operators of Queensland Country Bank Stadium. We do not make any representation or warranty that your seat at the stadium (whether reserved or unreserved) will be unaffected by weather events or other ‘acts of God’, such as rain, storms or flooding that may occur before, during or after a game or event. You acknowledge and agree that weather events and ‘acts of God’ are beyond our control and may impact on your enjoyment of, or ability to watch, an event or game. We do not offer refunds for such weather events or ‘acts of God’.
How do they prove something is an act of god?

(Note: dont really answer. We don’t want this to break down into religious discussion).

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Actually i would argue it is anything but an act of God, on the basis that the source is little chinese bastards eating shit that was never meant to be eaten.
If they start excluding fans i could see a few clubs, including the cowboys, having some real financial issues.
If they shit on members, they'll have a hard time in future years, i know i wouldnt be likely to get another full season membership again.

My main worry is magic round, I've booked & paid for everything already

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score

FFS, where have you been mate...?

Big Pete

Junior
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope you're all keeping well during this extended off-season.

I'm hopelessly bored and I was hoping you guys would help me with something. I'm currently working on old squad list and I'm having trouble putting together the 2006 Development squad for the Cowboys.

As far as I know it consisted of: James Anderson, Scott Bolton, Brandon Boor, Greg Byrnes, Robert Chaplin, Leo Faagatu, Michael Fairweather, Sam Faust, Obe Geia, Dean Limpus, Brady Payne, Danny Robbins, Malo Solomona, Charlie Vis, Kam Wilkinson. I'm not sure how entirely accurate that is either as I got a few of those names from trial sheets. I was just wondering if anyone had any record or had a better idea of what the team looked like and maybe any insight into those players? Both Boor and Geia had raps on them, but I heard Boor was like Parker-Walshe and Williamson as far as not taking the game seriously enough to make it a profession and Geia just never really kicked on outside of junior footy.

Also in terms of the lower grades back then, did the contracted players turn out for their Foley Shield sides if they weren't needed for the Young Guns? I wish there was more info on the older Foley Shield seasons. The best I could find was a paywall article on the final and a story on the victorious Mackay side which included Ben Barba and Daly Cherry-Evans.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope you're all keeping well during this extended off-season.

I'm hopelessly bored and I was hoping you guys would help me with something. I'm currently working on old squad list and I'm having trouble putting together the 2006 Development squad for the Cowboys.

As far as I know it consisted of: James Anderson, Scott Bolton, Brandon Boor, Greg Byrnes, Robert Chaplin, Leo Faagatu, Michael Fairweather, Sam Faust, Obe Geia, Dean Limpus, Brady Payne, Danny Robbins, Malo Solomona, Charlie Vis, Kam Wilkinson. I'm not sure how entirely accurate that is either as I got a few of those names from trial sheets. I was just wondering if anyone had any record or had a better idea of what the team looked like and maybe any insight into those players? Both Boor and Geia had raps on them, but I heard Boor was like Parker-Walshe and Williamson as far as not taking the game seriously enough to make it a profession and Geia just never really kicked on outside of junior footy.

Also in terms of the lower grades back then, did the contracted players turn out for their Foley Shield sides if they weren't needed for the Young Guns? I wish there was more info on the older Foley Shield seasons. The best I could find was a paywall article on the final and a story on the victorious Mackay side which included Ben Barba and Daly Cherry-Evans.
Greg Byrnes. A good lad. Met him on a bus one day on the way to the stadium. Very down to earth.

Michael Fairthweather. I think we only signed him because he was fast. He barely played any league growing up.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
NRL has secured a 250 million loan, from overseas.

Last edited:

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Why don't we let that Palestian British Billionaire buy into our game?