Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Offseason discussion thread

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Lol!
NRL removes Josh Reynolds from....domestic violence campaign!
Too funny

Why do we need a dv campaign in the first place?
Is there really people out there that don't know it's bad?
Please... can I reply to this shit??? Someone please!

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Lol!
NRL removes Josh Reynolds from....domestic violence campaign!
Too funny

Why do we need a dv campaign in the first place?
Is there really people out there that don't know it's bad?
Random fact about that ad, it was filmed across the road from my house.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
PM me-I have something to call you out on.
Eh? PM? That wouldn't be calling out then. More like a quiet word in my ear?
I usually don't have much of a problem with your antics, but when you start using family violence to push your agenda, that's no good.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Eh? PM? That wouldn't be calling out then. More like a quiet word in my ear?
I usually don't have much of a problem with your antics, but when you start using family violence to push your agenda, that's no good.
What agenda?

I wanted to speak to you privately about a few posts you did a few months ago-what you said were examples of low expectations racism. I'll find them in the next few days.
I don't think you meant it, probably well meaning, but they were examples of racism.
You've been speaking out against things like that, so it's time you were called out on some mistakes-you'd do it to others.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
What agenda?

I wanted to speak to you privately about a few posts you did a few months ago-what you said were examples of low expectations racism. I'll find them in the next few days.
I don't think you meant it, probably well meaning, but they were examples of racism.
You've been speaking out against things like that, so it's time you were called out on some mistakes-you'd do it to others.
Okay then, definitely interested to know.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
What do you know about Latrell and Inglis life circumstances?

In the Nene MacDonald thread you were talking about unprivileged backgrounds, Nrl know their assets.
What did you mean about Nrl knowing their assets?

Did you mean players who misbehave should be treated differently if they come from an “unprivileged background”?

You had mostly aboriginal players as examples in your posts, after talking about unprivileged backgrounds and Nrl knowing their assets....if you were saying they (or Nene) should be treated differently because of perceived unprivileged backgrounds-that’s low expectations racism.

Most, nearly all of the Nrls aboriginal players come from strong family units, strong culture, clear sense of identity-they have the same tools, or are more equipped, than other races to cope with adversity or bad life experiences.

Re; Domestic Violence, you mentioned poor old Greg Inglis when talking about Latrells life circumstances, like they lived a similar experience.
Are you excusing Greg Inglis bashing his wife, because of his childhood, what you’ve read about it?
(Seemed like you felt sorry for Inglis “poor old Inglis”)
You seem to be passionate about DV, so I was surprised to see poor old Inglis comment.
Umm, there is a bit here. I'd probably have to go back to look at the thread to get further context. I'll try to address each of them from what I recall without hopefully being too ambiguous to allow further misunderstandings.

Re: NRL knowing their assets. They understand that many of their players come from less fortunate backgrounds, which have statistically higher incidents of DV, D&A abuse, over-represented in prison systems, lack of educational and economic opportunity, higher rates of chronic disease and mental health issues etc. They need to take this into account when educating and supporting players in the NRL.

'Poor Old Inglis' was in relation to his current mental health struggle (at that time) as he just retired due to injuries.

Hope that helps.

Revivous

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
That's insane... 809k for the Storm and $350k for the Broncos. Sounds like a great way to rort the cap.
Not as great as the Roosters with their ‘Whole of Game sponsorship’ setup which doesn’t factor into this...

Anyone know what a whole of game sponsorship entails?