Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Offseason discussion thread

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Omen tip for Cowboys 2019 season - Master of Reality. (3)

2020 season (If we get VH) - Il Paradiso (20)

I'll be taking 1,3,11,18,20 &,23 in trifecta & first 4

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
And got the I got the first 4 fukers yeehaa, oh I added the 12 after a radio tab tip

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
50% $34k+
Master of Reality was swmbos pick, she was pissed after the protest.
I also had 20 on vow and declare.

All in all a good day

Last edited:

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Its a bit of dead set luck/stupidity that i ended up with 50%, i placed the initial bet on my account for 10%, then went to club, fewvbeers, few bets, some small winers. I didnt have much in account so was using tappy& somehow my first 4 was still in the betslip after i changed to tappy & i go and put on some bets & what happened was i accidently scanned my first 4 bet multiple times. At the time i had a number of bets so even though it was more than i had expected didnt really think much of it. I did realixe after i checked my tickets, however i have a rule where i wont cancel mistaken bets, so subsequently ended up with multiple same bets. I didnt fully realize till after the race when i was try to sort through about 15 tickets that it was thd same as my account bet. You can only imagine my fuking excitement when the penny dropped.
I'm still pinching myself though after a good afternoon on the piss cant feel much.
Think ill be going for platnium membership tonight

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Donelec

Junior
Donor
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone thinks about the pre season. Seem to remember the training methods being blamed on here for our poor starts over recent seasons. Do we need to take the high humidity in Tve into consideration Thoughts!

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone thinks about the pre season. Seem to remember the training methods being blamed on here for our poor starts over recent seasons. Do we need to take the high humidity in Tve into consideration Thoughts!
well a pre season where the new star signing doesn’t belt his missus in public would be a start..........

Last edited:

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Cowboys prop Corey Jensen adds bulk to forward pack as players return for preseason training
MATTHEW ELKERTON, Townsville Bulletin
November 5, 2019 7:06pm

COREY Jensen always wanted to stay in Townsville.

Despite only playing six NRL games for the club, and spending most of the year with feeder club Townsville Blackhawks, the 25-year-old was not ready to leave.

While rumours swirled about a switch to English Super League, Jensen just kept his head down and kept working hard.

And the forward was rewarded for his efforts, handed a two-year extension at the Cowboys and a chance to step up for a full season in first grade.

With the departure of club veterans Matt Scott and Scott Bolton, the Cowboys are calling out for a front row leader, and the Bowen Seagulls junior wants to be their man.

“It was always a goal of mine to stay around the club. I am a local here. I have learnt a lot off the players here since I have been here and I want to continue to do that,” he said.

“(I want to) stay around here for a couple of years and there is a good opportunity for me if I am performing well. That is what my goal is so we will see how I go.

“We have got a lot of good young forwards here and the competition is going to be high but it just makes me want to work harder and cement that spot in the 17.

“To be honest I didn’t even know about (the England switch). I saw something written on Facebook about that, but my manager and I have not discussed anything about going overseas. My sole intention was to stay here.”

Jensen has bulked up again in the off-season, tipping the scales at 108kg as the Cowboys headed back to the field for pre-season this week.

There are plenty of fresh faces around the club, with several young guns and feeder players getting the chance to work with the top grade squad.

No one is taking it easy, with young forward Garrett Smith copping a blow in a head clash with Wiremu Greig during Tuesday’s session at Townsville Sports Reserve.

It is understood there was no serious injury.

“It is good to be back around the boys, the vibe around here has been good and the boys are ripping in,” Jensen said.

“(There is) a lot of new faces and a lot of young guys coming in which is good to see. They have been ripping in and been really good around the group.

“Pre-season is tough every year and being around a bit longer you just have to be mentally tough and help those young guys out. We know what we are in for and know what to expect. We have to help them out and myself make sure I am on top of things and leading the way for the younger guys.”

https://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/cowboys/cowboys-prop-corey-jensen-adds-bulk-to-forward-pack-as-players-return-for-preseason-training/news-story/929f42e8f0ee01035f30406762b4b381

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
The way the club has treated Jensen, this sounds like an abused spouse defending their attacker.
I hope he gets the minutes he has already earned and deserves this year.
He's 25 ffs, talking like a rookie; a blight on this club's management and development.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
The way the club has treated Jensen, this sounds like an abused spouse defending their attacker.
I hope he gets the minutes he has already earned and deserves this year.
He's 25 ffs, talking like a rookie; a blight on this club's management and development.
Yeah it’s a bit ridiculous. He’s 25 and posted huge numbers in the QCup last year. No one can really provide an answer of why he was left to rot in QCup last year whilst Bolton played every game in the NRL and then was cut - all while losing a heap of games and having a most miserable season.

True believer

Junior
Reaction score
Jensen is only 25. His best footy is ahead of him as a prop. The next two years he is contracted for, is his chance to stand up and take a regular first grade spot. I reckon he will do that.

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
"The two teams who contested the 2019 grand final had the lightest packs in the NRL." From an article I saw today.

I wonder if we'll persist with players "bulking up". Think I read that Jensen had bulked up. Hess clearly improved after packing on weight...

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
"The two teams who contested the 2019 grand final had the lightest packs in the NRL." From an article I saw today.

I wonder if we'll persist with players "bulking up". Think I read that Jensen had bulked up. Hess clearly improved after packing on weight...
I haven't watched many of the Roosters games over the last few years.

However, at the times I did see them, I remember thinking that their forwards were running at about 100 miles per hour compared to our guys trundling up to the defensive line. This is why I question whether we have the right forwards - as opposed to the total number of forwards we have. A lot of attention is being given to our shortage of backs.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Do you think it is D Day for Morgan next year-needs to deliver??

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Do you think it is D Day for Morgan next year-needs to deliver??

You'd think so, but at the same time he's already got himself a long term deal on a million a season. People have been calling for him to play centre but he really needs to be playing in the halves to justify that kind of money imo. Roosters are baulking at paying Latrell that sort of money and he's a much better centre than what Morgo would ever be.

It'll be a big year for Morgo no doubt but he'll always be in a better position than the club. It would destabilise our cap quite a bit if he doesn't succeed in the halves.

Last edited:

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Nick Lui-Toso, who has signed with the Pride, and U20s players Daejarn Asi and Michael Bell are doing pre-season with the NRL squad.
Looks like U20s halfback Aaron Moore is doing pre-season with the NRL squad as well.

Kingy

Junior
Reaction score

Completely agree. We’re so slow in the forwards - last year watching Bolton, Scott, McLean was unbearable. We need to cut weight and increase speed ASAP. The development of Shane Wright is a good example of what we need to be doing.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Exciting to see SBW back.
His contract and perks are enormous.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Dan Russell playing for PNG right now against Fiji.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
We should go after a young gun like David Fifita, gun player that never gets into any off field trouble.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hopefully we can get our man, and save any leftover for our star juniors