Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Offseason Discussion thread

Rumbo

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Don't even have any info on whats going on with Kurt Baptiste

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Don't even have any info on whats going on with Kurt Baptiste
Really enjoying all the video content on the Cowboys website this pre-season but you've highlighted an area where they're still lacking, basic information about injuries.

Reactions: CC

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Munners works for the Storm now, it’s been completely shitful since he left the club.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I assumed his favourite hole at the willows was the 11th going by his username

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Now you have me trying to remember that hole. Been years since I've played there.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Pretty sure this will be the live stream for the Tigers-Cutters game in 20 minutes.

Carlin, Dan Russell, Emry Pere, Reuben Cotter, Shane Wright and Logan Bayliss-Brow all playing for Mackay.

Tunza

Junior
Reaction score
Carlin Anderson copped a very heavy head knock late in the game against Easts this afternoon and was stretchered off. Looks like a bad concussion and whiplash. He was hit heavily in the back / neck after taking a bomb low down.

Emry Pere came off early with a lower back complaint but played in the second half.

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Some people may remember this. Corey Oates discusses his moment of despair.

I'm not sure everything was going perfectly for them. The last 10 mins of kicking it out by Hunt lead to that final try, I believe.

Tunza

Junior
Reaction score

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'm not sure everything was going perfectly for them. The last 10 mins of kicking it out by Hunt lead to that final try, I believe.
more like the last 30mins mate. They had put the cue in the rack big time at the 50min mark. Everyone sittingaround me at the game were losing their minds at brisbane’s lack lustre closing.........

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
If it wasn’t for one freakish play that happened on the fulltime siren, we’re probably lauding Ben Hunt for his game management.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I wouldnt say it was going perfect for them, moreso we were shitting the bed most the time. Dick fingers Kano spilling it over the line, Coote brain fade double movement, if momentum equalled points, we probably should have really been around 12-18points in front by those final sweet, sweet seconds

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If it wasn’t for one freakish play that happened on the fulltime siren, we’re probably lauding Ben Hunt for his game management.
One freakish play? Try about 5 in the last 5 mins. ......

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The Broncos always seem to bring us down to their level. We usually do enough to win (especially in the big games) but I'd like us to put them to the sword for once.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I’m specifically talking about Morgan’s flick pass. Ultimately if that doesn’t happen, we don’t win. You can’t say that definitively with the other plays.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I’m specifically talking about Morgan’s flick pass. Ultimately if that doesn’t happen, we don’t win. You can’t say that definitively with the other plays.

Morgo didn't get enough credit for that. JT seemed to get all the accolades for running around like a headless chook and shovelling the ball out to him lol

edbeek

Junior
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
North Queensland Cowboys

Kurt Wiltshire will miss the rest of the season after suffering an ACL injury in the club's trial against the Titans. Scans on a knee injury to Murray Taulagi came back a lot more positive with the Junior Kangaroos representative expected to return in the early rounds of the season.

• Murray Taulagi (knee, early rounds)
  • Kurt Wiltshire (knee, season)
  • Corey Jensen (ankle, round one)
  • Scott Bolton (suspension, round six)

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
This^^^^^

With that kicking the ball out stuff, we had so much momentum. We had the chance to ice that game way before the flick pass but that's not the NQ way, certainly in 2015.