Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Offseason Discussion thread

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
My first job, way back when, was for a Company that were Importers and Exporters. One of their Agencies was Sole Importers of Captain Morgan Rum.

Who would have thought all those years later I would still be singing the praises of Captain Morgan.

Donelec

Junior
Donor
Reaction score
2017 proved what Morgs can do when he has responsibility heaped on him. Don’t think he knows what to do when playing second fiddle. In my mind a logical but great move. McClean seems a great choice too Can’t wait to see how it works out.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Morgan makes sense but I'm surprised McLean is VC. Would have thought Lolo might get that nod
Definitely left field, perhaps it's more for his development as we all know JT's leadership is more about humility

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Jax

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
My first job, way back when, was for a Company that were Importers and Exporters. One of their Agencies was Sole Importers of Captain Morgan Rum.

Who would have thought all those years later I would still be singing the praises of Captain Morgan.
Costanza??

gamkac

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I was given a bottle of 'Captain Morgan' rum yesterday, now with this news it's time to open and raise a glass to our new Captain.
Congrats Morgo

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Ah! The Latex company George applied to join.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Dream for that Stream information.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Northern Pride game is being livestreamed at 6pm tonight.

MacDonald, Tuala, Gela Mosby, Clifford and Hola are playing.
I think the Pride are the smokeys this year. Sportsbet had them at $41 at the beginning of the week. I had $25 on them and their price dropped to$31.
they are now $26. After tonight I think they will be even shorter.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Good story here about Blackhawks U18 hooker Adrian Trevilyan. He was unsigned last year but was a standout for Kirwan in the Schoolboy Cup and represented Queensland at the Aus Schoolboys trials. Great to see he's been signed by the club. One to keep an eye on.

Progress the focus in Auswide Bank Mal Meninga Cup
Colleen Edwards QRL Media
Sat 9 Mar 2019, 01:01 AM

With the support of a new sponsor behind it, the Auswide Bank Mal Meninga Cup is set to showcase emerging talent like never before.
Featuring 14 teams from across the state, the competition – while only a relatively short six weeks in total in the regular season – is a proven environment to develop players to move to the next level.

While not many participants are likely to follow in the phenomenal footsteps of last year’s most famous graduate David Fifita who began the year in the Under 18 competition and finished the season in the Brisbane Broncos NRL side – it is a great competition for rising young players in the game to test themselves.

Named to make his Mal Meninga Cup debut with the Blackhawks against Ipswich on Sunday, the Burdekin junior is one of many players to watch in the competition this season.

Speaking to QRL Media earlier this year at the Emerging Origin Under 18 camp, Trevilyan, who at the time was the only player in the squad not signed by an NRL club when he was selected, said he was hoping this season (which started with his time in camp) would be one filled with learning.

“Last year I played with Brothers and this year I am in the Townsville Under 18 squad,” he said during the January camp," he said.
“I have just been training with Bears and Townville ... (at camp) I’m just being a sponge at the moment.

“(This camp is a lot about) understanding the Queensland way ... I love how they always keep talking about fighting (to make the next level), as that’s something I have done my whole career, keep fighting. I like hard work.”

Having since been signed up by the Cowboys, Trevilyan also said he would aim to share what he had been practising during camp with his club and school team mates to help “bring them up to speed” on what game pace they needed to play at so they can “be better than the other team and play at a better pace”.

A talented athlete who used to play used to play cricket, Australian Rules and basketball as a junior, he was also part of the Kirwan Bears team that progressed to the state final of the NRL Schoolboys Cup (which was eventually won by Palm Beach Currumbin) last year.

He was joined at the Emerging Origin camp by Blackhawks team mate and prop forward Vaughn Kim and they will both be aiming to help spark the Blackhawks side when they travel to the home of the Ipswich Jets on Sunday afternoon in the closing match of Round 1.

The side have a new coach this year and are being guided by former Cowboys and Maroons star Matt Bowen.

Round 1 kicks off today (Saturday, March 9) at Piggabeen Sports Complex, with the Tweed Heads Seagulls hosting the Western Mustangs, while defending premiers Souths Logan Magpies will be at home at to the CQ Capras on Sunday morning.

TowtruckTronc

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Just read on reddit that Feldt has picked up a groin injury at training yesterday. I know it’s not a reliable source but can someone just shoot this rumour down for me please.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Just read on reddit that Feldt has picked up a groin injury at training yesterday. I know it’s not a reliable source but can someone just shoot this rumour down for me please.
Unless he did it at the entertainment centre walking over to the bar at the season launch, I doubt there’s much to look into with that rumour.