Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Official 2020 Draw

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Last edited:

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The first two games of 2020 NRL season are already locked in
PHIL ROTHFIELD, The Daily Telegraph
October 23, 2019 5:11pm

The NRL will launch the season with a Thursday night blockbuster at Bankwest Stadium between Parramatta and Canterbury Bulldogs next March.

And on the Friday night, the North Queensland Cowboys will host the Brisbane Broncos at their new stadium in Townsville.

It is likely to be a double celebration for the Cowboys with the expected return of local product Valentine Holmes, who is set to become their $1 million fullback after a stint with NFL’s New York Jets.

The NRL, TV networks Fox Sports and Channel 9 are putting the final touches on the draw this week and expect to announce the full schedule by the end of the month.

Both the Parramatta-Canterbury clash and the Queensland derby are expected to sell out and provide a wonderful backdrop for the television networks.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/eels/the-first-two-games-of-2020-nrl-season-are-already-locked-in/news-story/092586d3ccddb7a8e2f1326448f43d7d

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Dont mention a date do they @Minto ???
Maybe I'll just book every Fri/Sat in march at the sugar shaker.

Still debating to upgrade the membership to all home games, truth be told though it would be a toll on the health to do the trip regularly beyond next june/july, can always give them to the kids i spose

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Looks like being Friday 13th (article in TSVL Bulletin), with Dog/Eels on the Thursday - at least the Derby is finally off a Thursday night.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Oh... FFS, why would launch our season against a 2nd rate team ???
What are the NRL thinking.
Yes, should be against the Titans.:cool:;)

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The draw is out. Updated the first post.

1 (H) Broncos, North Qld Stadium - Fri 13 March, 7:05pm (Qld)
2 (A) Bulldogs, ANZ Stadium - Thu 19 March, 8:05pm (NSW)
3 (H) Eels, North Qld Stadium - Sat 28 March, 6:35pm (Qld)
4 (A) Knights, McDonald Jones Stadium - Fri 3 April, 6:00pm (NSW)
5 (A) Broncos, Suncorp Stadium - Fri 10 April, 7:55pm
6 (H) Storm, North Qld Stadium - Thu 16 April, 7:50pm
7 (H) Bulldogs, North Qld Stadium - Sat 25 April, 6:00pm
8 (A) Roosters, Suncorp Stadium - Sat 2 May, 7:45pm
9 (H) Titans, North Qld Stadium - Sat 9 May, 7:35pm
10 (A) Sharks, Sunshine Coast Stadium - Sat 16 May, 5:30pm
11 (H) Rabbitohs, North Qld Stadium - Fri 22 May, 7:55pm
12 (A) Eels, Bankwest Stadium - Fri 29 May, 7:55pm
13 (H) Roosters, North Qld Stadium - Sat 6 June, 3:00pm
14 (A) Titans, Cbus Super Stadium - Fri 12 June, 6:00pm
15 (A) Warriors, Sky Stadium (Wellington) - Sat 27 June, 3:00pm
16 BYE
17 (H) Knights, North Qld Stadium - Sun 12 July, 6:15pm
18 (A) Dragons, Nestrata Jubilee Stadium - Sat 18 July, 3:00pm
19 (H) Sea Eagles, North Qld Stadium - Sat 25 July, 7:35pm
20 (H) Raiders, North Qld Stadium - Sat 1 August, 7:35pm
21 (A) Storm, AAMI Park - Thu 6 August, 7:50pm
22 (A) Panthers, Panthers Stadium - Thu 13 August, 7:50pm
23 (H) Sharks, North Qld Stadium - Thu 20 August, 7:50pm
24 (H) Warriors, North Qld Stadium - Sat 29 August, 5:30pm
25 (A) Tigers, Leichhardt Oval - Fri 4 September, 6:00pm

https://www.nrl.com/draw/?competition=111&season=2020&round=1

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Cowboys 2020 season draw released
Cowboys.com.au
Tue 29 Oct 2019, 10:00 AM

The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys will kick off a fresh era at the brand new North Queensland Stadium with a blockbuster Round 1 clash against arch rivals Brisbane to begin the 2020 NRL season.

The primetime Friday night showdown marks the first ever rugby league match to be played at the state of the art stadium in the heart of Townsville.

Brisbane’s season-opening visit is just one of a number of mouth-watering clashes set down for the Cowboys’ maiden season at North Queensland Stadium.

Perennial premiership contenders Melbourne travel north for a Thursday night meeting in Round 6.

A proud garrison city, Townsville will host an Anzac Day match for the first time since 2009, with the Cowboys to face the Bulldogs at 6pm.

Reigning premiers the Roosters will make their first trip to North Queensland since 2016 for a fan-friendly Saturday afternoon battle in Round 13.

The Cowboys will also host a rare Sunday evening game when Newcastle visits in Round 17.

Paul Green’s men won’t face grand finalists Canberra until a Saturday night clash in Round 20. The Raiders are one of six teams, including St George Illawarra, South Sydney, Wests Tigers, Penrith and Manly, the Cowboys face only once in 2020.

Highlights of the away draw include the Round 5 return leg against Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium, a Magic Round tussle with the Roosters in Round 8 and a clash with Melbourne in Round 21.

Cowboys CEO Jeff Reibel commended the NRL for scheduling the Broncos clash to open North Queensland Stadium in Round 1.

“We’re very excited to kick off the new season in our new home with our traditional rivals,” he said.

“It’s the blockbuster that the opening of our new stadium deserves and gives us a chance to thank all of North Queensland for all their efforts and support in making this magnificent project happen.

“The NRL made a promise to consult on the draw and they did. They have given us the best opportunity to attract supporters to experience the game live, while making sure we still have a very strong broadcast product which is very important to our game.”

Reibel also said the draw was favourable for Cowboys members and fans with seven of the 12 games set down for North Queensland Stadium on Saturdays as well as games in school holidays.

“To have more than half of our home games in the Saturday timeslot is a massive win for our members and supporters,” he said.

“We’re thrilled about hosting two games during school holidays, with a Thursday game against the Storm in the Easter holidays and a Sunday game against the Knights on the last weekend of July school holidays.

“We belong to a proud garrison city and we’re privileged to have the opportunity to host a game on Anzac Day.

“Overall we believe it’s a balanced draw. It honours our request for North Queenslanders to have the best access possible to the new stadium and ensures commercial viability for clubs by sharing in the rotation of slots that are a priority for our broadcast partners.”

Full Cowboys 2020 draw here

Cowboys draw breakdown
Home
Thursday: 2
Friday: 2
Saturday: 7
Sunday: 1

Away
Thursday: 3
Friday: 5
Saturday: 4

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2019/10/29/cowboys-2020-season-draw-released/

Jagjaxon

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Roosters on magic weekend..
I loved the weekend this season but damn it sucked waiting for us to play all weekend then get done by Souths

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The two derbies being close is the only glaring issue I can see. Otherwise think it's not too bad, only 2 Thursdays at home is alright and the ANZAC day game is a great addition to the calendar

samuraipolice

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Our only 5 day turnaround game is away against the storm after playing the raiders at home. Sad to say that could be a scheduled loss.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
After a bit of review, I personally think this draw is pretty good all round (from a fan/travelling supporter) point of view
I'm gonna lock in a full season of home games, & have pencilled in 9 to attend, (thurs games are a bit of a lottery when self employed & sunday against the knights....meh).
Minister for W&F also didnt buck when i mentioned Magic round, so Moggy is heading to Brisvegas again ;);););)
I actually enjoyed it as a spectacle last year, (barring our loss & storm towelling up parra) but great weekend, so i'm gonna plan to go again & enjoy the shit outta myself

I should probably quantify my excitement, in the sense that i dont know whether its good for the team overall, but hey, i'm trying to roll with the punches these days

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
6 Sydney games. Ripped off....I'll have to move back to Townsville

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk